The other sports thread

Eleven

• 2 weeks later...

Good lord, the photo...

I had heard the story already and wasn't going to click on it until I read your post.  That has to be inky under that costume.  I refuse to accept any other possibility.

And the world needs more people like this woman.  Her attitude about the whole thing is great.  You just know every single ambulance chaser was lining up outside that ballpark.

I had heard the story already and wasn't going to click on it until I read your post. That has to be inky under that costume. I refuse to accept any other possibility.

And the world needs more people like this woman. Her attitude about the whole thing is great. You just know every single ambulance chaser was lining up outside that ballpark.

• 2 weeks later...

Sonny gray. Get 2 outs on 12 pitches. Then nibble the strike zone, load the bases and give up a grand slam in the first inning. I haven't hated a pitcher more since Kevin Brown. I didn't even hate Mike Mussina this much.

Most of the big free agents have yet to move… LeBron is the big one.

I'm hoping the Pelicans can bring back Boogie Cousins, but he has a house in LA so he might head to the Lakers.

Paul George, Chris Paul, just to name a couple were significant signings.

Paul George, Chris Paul, just to name a couple were significant signings.

The only big name signings thus far (other than Jordan and maybe Trevor Ariza) are guys who stayed put. The big splash should come later today/tomorrow. I'm thinking LeBron will end up with the Lakers, but we shall see.

BTW - I'm fascinated by how differently NBA and NHL free agency work. In the NHL most guys sign within hours of free agency starting. In the NBA, guys take days or even weeks to make a decision. It's strange to me how different it is.

Is he the one who was going to sign in Dallas a few years ago but then stabbed them in the back last second?

Yeah, he verbally agreed to a deal with Dallas but then had second thoughts, reneged on that plan, and re-signed with LA. Now he’s back to Dallas for real

LeBron is a Laker

Weird. Unless they get Kawhi this year, his Finals streak is likely cooked. I'm also mildly surprised he opted into the LaVar Ball circus. 

I did NOT start this thread so that you jokers could start talking about basketball.

Better than talking early season Baseball.

I did NOT start this thread so that you jokers could start talking about basketball.

Listen, I bitch about Sonny Gray every 5th day, but no one else cares!

I don't watch the NBA because I'm a Knicks fan, and I don't have to...but LeBron is the best player in the world and he just went to Magic's team.

PS-I love David Price

Listen, I bitch about Sonny Gray every 5th day, but no one else cares!

I don't watch the NBA because I'm a Knicks fan, and I don't have to...but LeBron is the best player in the world and he just went to Magic's team.

PS-I love David Price

Oh. Wow. I'm sorry. I'm feeling a sudden need to be nice to you for awhile.