The other sports thread

Eleven

The audio skipping in one of the biggest spots interviews in the last decade is a little absurd

For sure. But Kyrie saying "I'm sorry Doris" was pretty great.

So, about LeBrons legacy

Oh, I'm sure the haters will still be around. After all, he only hit 1/2 free throws to close it, leaving GS some hope...or something like that.

For sure. But Kyrie saying "I'm sorry Doris" was pretty great.

Oh, I'm sure the haters will still be around. After all, he only hit 1/2 free throws to close it, leaving GS some hope...or something like that.

I hated him because he left Cleveland in his prime, and I thought they were going to miss out on a good shot at a title because of it. This pretty much redeems him, at least for me. In the end, he delivered.

That was the most incredible championship in any sport I've been alive for. Incredible.

LeBron with the greatest championship (entire series) performance I've ever seen. He led both teams in points, rebounds, assists, blocks and steals. Incredible.

52-year drought ends on a three-game winning streak. No team has EVER won the NBA Finals when being down 3-1 (Cleveland was only the third team to force a game seven in that scenario). Steve Kerr, in two amazing seasons, had never lost three straight as an NBA coach. Golden State only lost consecutive games twice this season (against OKC in the conference finals and here in the finals). They hadn't lost three straight all season.

They also had to do it by beating the best team (by record) in NBA history three consecutive times.

Ah that makes more sense.

Curry should take a lot of heat for this series. He was emotional and a non-factor

I'll be curious how the typical media narrative goes with this. If LeBron gave that performance in a series loss after a record-breaking regular season and unanimous MVP vote, he'd get crushed. 

That was the most incredible championship in any sport I've been alive for. Incredible.

LeBron with the greatest championship (entire series) performance I've ever seen. He led both teams in points, rebounds, assists, blocks and steals. Incredible.

52-year drought ends on a three-game winning streak. No team has EVER won the NBA Finals when being down 3-1 (Cleveland was only the third team to force a game seven in that scenario). Steve Kerr, in two amazing seasons, had never lost three straight as an NBA coach. Golden State only lost consecutive games twice this season (against OKC in the conference finals and here in the finals). They hadn't lost three straight all season.

They also had to do it by beating the best team (by record) in NBA history three consecutive times.

I think I agree with this. For me the Giants over the Pats in 2007 comes close, but I don't think the Giants could win a 7 game series. Plus the LeBron-Cleveland storyline is beyond description awesome.

The story lines for this series are just off the charts. Curry overtaking LeBron as the face of the league, last two MVPs, rematch of last year's Finals...I'm sure there are many more

Does anyone think LeBron doesn't return?

Edited by WildCard

I'll be curious how the typical media narrative goes with this. If LeBron gave that performance in a series loss after a record-breaking regular season and unanimous MVP vote, he'd get crushed.

I think I agree with this. For me the Giants over the Pats in 2007 comes close, but I don't think the Giants could win a 7 game series. Plus the LeBron-Cleveland storyline is beyond description awesome.

I liked the Red Sox in 2004, but this was better.

Oh without a doubt. He'd be crucified. Steph deserves the majority of the blame for blowing a 3-1 lead

If that was the WS it would have been better. Edited by WildCard

I am beside myself with excitement. The Cavs don't mean quite as much to me as the Bills or Sabres do. But they're damn near close.

LeBron is the reason I started watching basketball at 9 years old. He's been my favorite athlete in any sport ever since (although Jack sure is staking a claim!). Make fun of me for the LeBron lovefest lol, I'll gladly take it :)

My love for the Cavs will probably only grow when I move to Columbus in 2 weeks. The city seems pretty split between Indians/Reds and Browns/Bengals, but there's only one basketball team that matters. It'll be fun.

Glad they announced MVP immediately. The suspense was killing me :P

The story lines for this series are just off the charts. Curry overtaking LeBron as the face of the league, last two MVPs, rematch of last year's Finals...I'm sure there are many more

Does anyone think LeBrom doesn't return?

Not a chance. Besides, now that he won in Cleveland, he can go 0fer the remainder of his career there (I mean wins, not championships) and nobody would care.

Sox in 04 was better( them!)

Uconn men's hoops in 2011 was better( them too!)

I thought James was pretty incredible all series. Irving was pretty damn good too. Other than that I thought the series provided a ton of very bad basketball. And I might go as far as to call it a Golden State choke job. 5 blowout games and 2 good games. Ugly series. Entertaining game 7,but not an all time great series.