The other sports thread

Eleven

The thing about Jordan is he was the best offensive player in the league and the best defensive player at his position. He made All-NBA defensive Teams while scoring 32+ nightly. That's what made him so amazing. Only Kobe and LeBron have even approached that level of all around game. Meanwhile, the Warriors have to actively hide Curry on defense. Curry is an amazing scorer and best shooter of all time, but he can't sniff Jordan's complete game.

God, I ###### hate Michael Jordan!

I actually used to live across the street from him.  I'm not kidding.

In between pickup games where we'd wear Hanes and drink Gatorade, he used to talk about how much he hates you, too.  

Ok, now I'm kidding.

But I really did live across the street from him.

I actually used to live across the street from him.  I'm not kidding.

In between pickup games where we'd wear Hanes and drink Gatorade, he used to talk about how much he hates you, too.  

Ok, now I'm kidding.

But I really did live across the street from him.

The 1st restraining order is always the most awkward. :p

Steph Curry appeared to sprain his knee after coming back for Game 4 from an ankle injury. The best team in the history of the NBA (record wise at least) may lose their and the league's MVP in the first round of the playoffs. Somewhere, SA and LeBron are rejoicing

So Leicester wins it all, I don't follow football/soccer, but seems like a huge deal.

5000/1 odds

Here is a very good summary of why it's so incredible. It is top 5 underdog stories of all time. The player of the year, Vardy, worked 12 hour factory shifts while making 30 euros per game until he finally got onto a professional team

https://www.reddit.com/r/sports/comments/44w18p/if_you_are_not_watching_the_premier_league_here/

5000/1 odds

Here is a very good summary of why it's so incredible. It is top 5 underdog stories of all time. The player of the year, Vardy, worked 12 hour factory shifts while making 30 euros per game until he finally got onto a professional team

https://www.reddit.com/r/sports/comments/44w18p/if_you_are_not_watching_the_premier_league_here/

If you want the total picture, all this happened after the remains of King Richard III were found in the ruins of a medieval church buried in a parking lot in the City of Leicester. (In fact, the King's remains were found under a parking spot that had a capital letter "R" painted on it). There is a documentary about this on the Smithsonian Channel. King Richard was recently re-buried with full honors in Leicester Cathedral. And to top it off, Leicester City's major sponsor is a Thai duty-free company called King Power. The whole story is almost too much to believe, except it actually happened.  King power, indeed....

If you want the total picture, all this happened after the remains of King Richard III were found in the ruins of a medieval church buried in a parking lot in the City of Leicester. (In fact, the King's remains were found under a parking spot that had a capital letter "R" painted on it). There is a documentary about this on the Smithsonian Channel. King Richard was recently re-buried with full honors in Leicester Cathedral. And to top it off, Leicester City's major sponsor is a Thai duty-free company called King Power. The whole story is almost too much to believe, except it actually happened.  King power, indeed....

That was a pretty cool documentary.