Soccer (Football) ~ Everything About The Beautiful Game

Sabres Fan in NS

He's had a calf issue for a while. Played about a game and a half this World Cup. Colombia isn't nearly as dangerous offensively without him.

I go down to Colombia each fall for work. You should see their domestic league. It's downright dangerous. Yet, strangely awesome.

I can only imagine. It's full contact acting.

Penalties again.  Uuuhhhgggg ...

England with the loss on penalties ... book it.

Penalties again.  Uuuhhhgggg ...

England with the loss on penalties ... book it.

Well, now I know for certain that the end is near.

ENGLAND HAS JUST WON IT'S FIRST EVER WC MATCH THAT CAME DOWN TO PENALTIES.  0 FOR 3, UNTIL JUST NOW.

Edited by N S

Me too.  They are a proud football nation that deserved some luck today.  They played quite well against a pretty rowdy bunch from Columbia.

I thought it was one of the weakest games in the wc, but the referee had a lot to do with it to.  

49 minutes ago, N S said:

I have some time right now, so at your suggestion I will start a Club for soccer.

Heads up ... Soccer Club is on the way.

I started it.  Still waiting for moderator approval.  SDS is very busy, so lets give him some time.

2 minutes ago, N S said:

Thank you.

How do I add a poll?

+++++

Hey guys,

Anybody want to join the Soccer / Football club ... open to all.

Just behave yourselves.

If you are on your phone:

5D6DEBDA-44ED-4C31-ADAA-5E67E5ACC74B.png

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SDS said:

I’m sure you can just go in and edit the topic and convert it to a poll.

Yup.  Same as in the old format, but I'm old and couldn't remember that.  Finally figured it out.

+++++

Related ...

How can I ban ubkev from the Soccer Club?  He is not playing nice, already ... he only joined 3 minutes ago.

1 hour ago, Samson's Flow said:

So is the intent to use the clubs rather than these OT threads?

I don't mind either way, and appreciate the ability to have multiple topics within a club topic

I think that the idea was to slowly shift the Off Topic discussions to the Clubs section to leave hockey related discussions on the mail page and to free up some valuable moderator time.  SDS suggested that I start a Soccer Club and I did and it seems to be working well.

I started this thread in 2012, I think, and I can close it, but I won't do that for a while.