Soccer (Football) ~ Everything About The Beautiful Game

Sabres Fan in NS

IMO, penalties are the worst possible way to decide any match.

As a football fan I can say most of us don't mind penalties :D

What I don't get is that people think Belgium and England played for 2nd place to avoid the 'stronger' bracket.  

England now has to face Colombia, and possible the Swiss (Qualified without losing for WC).   And you got the team that played the best so far in Croatia.

The other side of the bracket has a dissappointing Argentina and France,  Brazil hasn't been solid but I expect them to be better.   

More scared of Mexico and Uruguay though.

Edited by Huckleberry

Tonight. 7PM. All-High Stadium on Main (Near UB).

FC Buffalo playing against their rivals, the Erie Commodores, for a spot in the playoffs(probably).

Come get it boys and girls. Its gonna get rowdy (or at least as rowdy as a crowd of about 2000 people at a highschool rooting for a summer league soccer team can get.)

Tonight. 7PM. All-High Stadium on Main (Near UB).

FC Buffalo playing against their rivals, the Erie Commodores, for a spot in the playoffs(probably).

Come get it boys and girls. Its gonna get rowdy (or at least as rowdy as a crowd of about 2000 people at a highschool rooting for a summer league soccer team can get.)

This match will likely be more exciting than the final matches of the Group Stage at the WC.

Think you have a little bias going here ;)

France would dominate Croatia if they played

I have very few ties to Croatia.

And I disagree with your second point.  I have not checked, but I am pretty sure that France and Croatia can only meet in the final.

+++++

Don't cry for me, Argentina.  Just pack your bags and go home.

Uruguay deserved every bit of it.  I think they're going to give France a hell of a game.

Yup.

Cavani is one of my favourite players and a real good guy.  Plays as if he is still 25 at 31.  Uruguay is undefeated / undrawn so far this WC.  I think they will beat France in the Quaters.

How do you think Putin won the host nation derby back when?  His whole dictatorship is based on shennanigans.

I figured that was how he got to host this thing, but at some point Russia can't just keep advancing against clearly better teams.

Then again, if there's anything more corrupt than the Russian government, it's Fifa

Spain-Russia is the first game I've seen all... Cup? Is "seen all Cup" the right turn of phrase here?

Anyway, Russia is playing some tank-level possession numbers. There was a graphic a bit ago about possession being 75%-25%, and since then I think Russia has had the ball about 10 seconds to Spain's 10 minutes. When Russia does get the ball and try to take it upfield they can't complete a pass. It's very tank. Does anyone have a Russian tank gif? Preferably from Rambo III.

And yet it's inexplicably 1-1 and  could come down to penalty kicks.