Soccer (Football) ~ Everything About The Beautiful Game

Sabres Fan in NS

Even if they win, they're cooked.  Sweden currently up 3-0.

Whoops.  That'll be all.

Even if Sweden were to win they would be on 6 points and if the Germans won they would be on 7.

Not that it matters now, eh?

Wow, that's incredible 

There's still a chance.  A little bird whispered in my ear that the ref is adding on just enough stoppage time for the Germans to score 3.

No, they lost to Mexico, so they'd both have been on 6, but now it double doesn't matter.  LOL.

Yeah.  You are right.  FIFA in their all encompasing stupidity have an up to the minute standings report as matches are being played.  I can't be the only one that thinks that is stupid and I am completely put off the rails by it.

I predicted out Argentina/Brazil/Germany that 2/3 wouldn't make it past group stage.

Never expected Argentina to survive though, so Serbia better bring their best game tonight :D

I like it though, the way they behaved after their win over Sweden.   karma :p

Deutschland Deutschland alles gehts vorbei alles gehts vorbei

They lost so it doesn't matter, but I can't believe they got 6 minutes stoppage time at the end. If the score was the other way at the end of regulation there's no way it would have been more than 2.

Been like that all Word cup, seen games go to 7 - 8 minutes of extra time.

Belgium going to change 9 players for this game, England more than 6 as well.

Minor Injuries and won't play: Carasco, Hazard, Lukaku, Mertens

Yellow cards: De bruyne, Vertonghen, Meunier

Kompany and Vermaelen will start, need to get a game after recovering from injuries.

Belgium going to change 9 players for this game, England more than 6 as well.

Minor Injuries and won't play: Carasco, Hazard, Lukaku, Mertens

Yellow cards: De bruyne, Vertonghen, Meunier

Kompany and Vermaelen will start, need to get a game after recovering from injuries.

Wait... Vermalen. Thomas Vermalen? Didn't his legs explode five years ago or something?

Ah, that's what "eliminated by fair play" means. I get the message behind it, but it seems an odd way to determine who moves forward.

It's the last step before drawing lots.  So it's better than that, I guess; at least it has something to do with things that happen on the field.

It's the last step before drawing lots.  So it's better than that, I guess; at least it has something to do with things that happen on the field.

True, but yellow cards are subjective calls made by the refs. I would settle it with penalty kicks.

The teams who are tied are not always playing each other the 3rd game though.  How about this instead?

Before the tournament, all 4 teams in each group gather in a stadium.  Each group could have it's own site or you could double up, whatever.  You do a round robin PK competition.  5 kicks v. each team.  You then rank each team 1st through 4th in the group based on the number they convert.  If there is a tie between 2 teams they do sudden death right then to settle it.  That way everyone goes into the tournament knowing where they stand with respect to the tie breaker after GD.  Also, it's another thing for FIFA to televise and sell tickets for.

I like this idea as well. All better then having this decided by referee calls.