Soccer (Football) ~ Everything About The Beautiful Game

Sabres Fan in NS

First he gets a yellow for outlandish goal celebration.

Then a yellow ... red for diving in the box.

Then a 4 match suspension (on top of the automatic 1 for the red card) for shoving the ref who dared to yellow ... yellow ... red him ...

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/cristiano-rinaldo-suspension-pushed-referee-1.4246226

That CR7 is in a league of his own and good on the ref and the Spanish Football Federation for showing the balls to stand up to his antics.

To be honest, that was not a dive at all, most refs wouldn't give Real a free kick either, but saying it was a dive was very harsh.

Please, it's La Liga. It's half soccer and half diving anyway.  It can't make money without him.  He'll be suspended for one game, possibly a tournament game, when it all shakes out.

To be honest, that was not a dive at all, most refs wouldn't give Real a free kick either, but saying it was a dive was very harsh.

The five match penalty was upheld on appeal.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/cristiano-ronaldo-suspension-upheld-1.4249447

Its not about the five match penalty, he pushed a referee I have no problem with it.

His first yellow for taking of his shirt, ( still don't like the rule after all this time, serves nothing) was correct.

Second yellow wasn't a dive at all, there clearly is enough contact for him to lose balance , I understood his reaction a bit.

I disagree. I think Pulisic is already great now. Kid is a regular starter for a Champions League club. Goal and an assist today against Wolfsburg. Christian is arguably the best American player on the planet right now (as a teenager).

He's just a couple years away from indisputably being the best American soccer player ever.

You're absolutely right, but that is a very low bar... Depending on how this season goes I might just argue he's there now.

That's just it. We've had some world class goaltenders over the years, but never a world class attacking player. By "world class" I mean a regular starter at one of the world's top 10 or 15 clubs. That's what Christian is right now (assuming Dembele is sold to Barcelona as expected).

Many of the Dortmund games are shown on the various Fox sports channels. Chris was unbelievable today.

Buncha Rooney haters. 

giphy.gif

Its weird having him on Everton. I had a friend ask me about him coming back when the rumors started in the winter, and I was like "to me he's a Man U guy", because I started following the team like 3 years ago. But its so different for the lifers. Must be very cool for them.

Its weird having him on Everton. I had a friend ask me about him coming back when the rumors started in the winter, and I was like "to me he's a Man U guy", because I started following the team like 3 years ago. But its so different for the lifers. Must be very cool for them.

Yeah, the old time Everton people seem pretty stoked about it, so I'm happy to jump on that bandwagon. 

The only memory I will ever have of Rooney (well, besides the grandma shagging) is his hilarious dive to win a penalty that ended Arsenal's still unmatched undefeated run ten years ago.

Of course, English players don't do that and it's all the foreigners bringing in the cheating... heh. I'll admit that he's been a great player, but I hate him with the fire of 1000 suns.

Yeah, the old time Everton people seem pretty stoked about it, so I'm happy to jump on that bandwagon. 

I'm sure many of them are.

One visible Evertonian - Rog Bennett of Men in Blazers - hated the move when it was announced and has been only begrudgingly accepting of his good form thus far.

Champions League groups set:

DIAmv8dUIAAjpn6.jpg

Groups B, C, and H look to be tough sledding - especially H. Spurs got a rough draw there.

As a Liverpool fan, I think I have to be pleased that the Reds got matched with probably the weakest draws from both Pots 1 and 4. Sevilla is a good club, though.

If there were anyone with a brain or a set of balls On the board of directors at Arsenal, Wenger would be out on his ass tonight, everybody with an expiring contract sold, and a rebuild starting.

There's not though, so there's going to be at least two more years of this.if he actually gets canned I'll eat my shorts. At least I'm not actually buying the most expensive tickets in the world to watch it. This is going to be ugly.

If there were anyone with a brain or a set of balls On the board of directors at Arsenal, Wenger would be out on his ass tonight, everybody with an expiring contract sold, and a rebuild starting.

There's not though, so there's going to be at least two more years of this.if he actually gets canned I'll eat my shorts. At least I'm not actually buying the most expensive tickets in the world to watch it. This is going to be ugly.

Agree 110%.  Arsene should have left after winning the FA Cup, but instead?  More of the same.  No way in hell Alexis or Ozil will stay (although I'm pretty "meh" about Ozil).  Build a statue to the guy, for what he did in the past, but he's been out of touch for years now.  How do you keep your top two summer signings on the bench vs. Liverpool?  Let's play Ox when he's openly angling for a move.  Ship him out and get it over with.  So frustrating.