Soccer (Football) ~ Everything About The Beautiful Game

Sabres Fan in NS

Iceland is not going to beat England and Wales is not going to beat Belgium.

2-1 in favour of Iceland in the 79th minute.

Holy funking shite.

Iceland beats England.

Wales beating Belgium 2-1 in the 77th minute.

Eleven, man.

Holy shnikes.

Wales now up 3-1 in the 85th minute.

No way does Wales beat Portugal.

You just keep doubling down, don't you.  LOL.

After this last year of Trump, Sanders, Leicester City, Iceland, Coastal Carolina winning the College World Series, and now Wales..."no way" is not a term I'm comfortable using.

Germany vs. Italy 

Score 1 - 1

Shootout score

1 -1 after 2 shots for each team

Ok - Possibly the worst shootout I've ever watched. A lot of shanks. 

And Germany wins!!!! 

Edited by GoPre

Sorry, Huck.

Everyone else:  Don't bet upon my soccer picks.  I'll stick to beating GED's bot in the hockey bracket.

Yeah well our entire Defense was out that game, and when Denayer and jordan lukaku proved the have the combined football intellect of a raisin. 

And they played like pussies ffs, didn't deserve a win, but like Courtois said, we'll never get a shot like this again.

Germany vs. Italy 

Score 1 - 1

Shootout score

1 -1 after 2 shots for each team

Ok - Possibly the worst shootout I've ever watched. A lot of shanks. 

And Germany wins!!!! 

One of the worst games I've ever watched.

This was one weak and boring final, well the entire Euro championship was like this.  

Have to say though, never really liked ronaldo , but he probably is one of best athletes in football and deserved it.  

He is still a crybaby though :p

This was one weak and boring final, well the entire Euro championship was like this.

Have to say though, never really liked ronaldo , but he probably is one of best athletes in football and deserved it.

He is still a ###### crybaby though :p

Agreed, agreed. What a snoozer that hame was yesterday! At least it had a surprising, holy sh1t! ending.

the whole tournament was boring , a couple of teams had some good games.

Germany, france, Belgium, but overall the Quality sucked.   The fans were awesome though, they were the real winners after the Russians and English started out so bad.

It was the equivalent of watching a team go 0-0-82 and then win the Stanley Cup.

Pretty much.  For all the talk about how the Euros are so much better than Copa America, if you sat down and watched a random game from each tournament, the Copa was much more entertaining.

Pretty much.  For all the talk about how the Euros are so much better than Copa America, if you sat down and watched a random game from each tournament, the Copa was much more entertaining.

Seems like there are quite a few sports that aren't very entertaining unless the participants do something wrong, though. NASCAR (and auto racing in general) is kinda dull unless people are crashing; soccer unless teams are giving up tons of chances; golf unless drives are into the gallery, etc.

Seems like there are quite a few sports that aren't very entertaining unless the participants do something wrong, though. NASCAR (and auto racing in general) is kinda dull unless people are crashing; soccer unless teams are giving up tons of chances; golf unless drives are into the gallery, etc.

It's not just based on shoddy defence or mistakes though... The game was played at a quicker, more attack-oriented pace. Even the games in the Copa where one team just parked the bus and faced an onslaught were entertaining.  Too many games in the Euros seemed like both teams were parking the bus, waiting for the other team to gift wrap an opportunity.  The Chile/Argentina final (horrible officiating and all) was far more entertaining than France/Portugal... no bias!   :P   

I disagree that soccer needs mistakes in order to be exciting. What plagued the Euros is more akin to when NHL fans complain about heavy reliance on a neutral zone trap.

I disagree that soccer needs mistakes in order to be exciting. What plagued the Euros is more akin to when NHL fans complain about heavy reliance on a neutral zone trap.

I thought about it later, and you're right; I don't find soccer to be boring. Crazy games where the teams are trading goals is more entertaining than the parking the bus that someone mentioned upthread, however.