Soccer (Football) ~ Everything About The Beautiful Game

Sabres Fan in NS

This game would have been over had Modric not biffed the PK in the second OT session.

Woah. Crazy PK shootout. Croatia was probably the better team, so I think the final outcome is just.

Sort of?  What a horrible game and horrible shootout.

In other 'News Of The World' ( :flirt: ) ...

Mexico eliminated by Brazil.  Sorry, guys.

I sort of hate that the game times fell in the middle of the day. Every Round of 16 game I have attempted to not find out the score, only to inevitably find it out, and then 'pity watch' the game later that night already knowing what happens.

I'm trying really hard to be excited and care, but failing miserably.

I sort of hate that the game times fell in the middle of the day. Every Round of 16 game I have attempted to not find out the score, only to inevitably find it out, and then 'pity watch' the game later that night already knowing what happens.

I'm trying really hard to be excited and care, but failing miserably.

Sorry for letting the cat out of the bag, as they say, which is a saying that I hate.

At least I did not post the final score, or the highlight reel.

In recent memory, I can't remember seeing a Brazilian team that played this sort of team defense. They've always had great offensive players, but these guys actually are buying into the system and defending as a team. Brazil is my not-so-bold pick to win this tournament.

Sorry for letting the cat out of the bag, as they say, which is a saying that I hate.

At least I did not post the final score, or the highlight reel.

You didn't let it out in the slightest. I'm lamenting that is near impossible to not find out the score in the digital age. My phone has score alert pop ups for chistsakes.

Jesus exciting game, japan gave me a good scare :D

But they gave us a chance to do what we are best at in the end, counter attack.    

Chadli and Fellaini were excellent.    At 0 - 2 i was hoping Martinez would bring them in fast, our last coach would wait until 80th minute.

I will be more relaxed at work now hehe

Edited by Huckleberry

Jesus exciting game, japan gave me a good scare :D

But they gave us a chance to do what we are best at in the end, counter attack.    

Chadli and Fellaini were excellent.    At 0 - 2 i was hoping Martinez would bring them in fast, our last coach would wait until 80th minute.

I will be more relaxed at work now hehe

Holy they actually did it!

Did they just do a VAR on a red card?

Did they just do a VAR on a red card?

Nope.  On a foul in, or out, of the box.

Did I mention that I hate VAR.

Sweden just took the lead 1-0 over SUI. Currently the 76th minute.

That goal stands up.  Sorry SF.

James is out for Columbia.

Has he done anything since the last WC?

He's had a calf issue for a while. Played about a game and a half this World Cup. Colombia isn't nearly as dangerous offensively without him.

This game is what is wrong with soccer.

I go down to Colombia each fall for work. You should see their domestic league. It's downright dangerous. Yet, strangely awesome.