The Sabres Hockey Hotline with... somebody or other?

LGR4GM

Shanahan just said (paraphrasing):

"There never has been a grudge against Buffalo from the Dept of Player Safety, but now that PLF is there, we will no longer have an anti-Buffalo grudge."

I've GOT to hear the original. I hope it's in the vault.

Shanahan (not paraphrased, after talking about an anti-Buffalo perception and explaining that fans of 29 other teams feel the same way):

I'll say this too as far as Buffalo goes. I've got a really good relationship with PLF and for whatever reason I do think there was probably a bit of a communication gap in the past. There was a feeling that when I walked into this job maybe that I inherited that there was some feelings that Buffalo maybe didn't get treated as well. I don't agree with that but I can say that any sort of moments of or lack of communication - I think the relationship that PLF and I have and - I don't know Tim Murray but I've reached out to him and we'll have conversations - I think that since Pat's done the job, he and I have already spoken on the phone about 5 times, so I think that kind of communication and transparency will improve with Pat at the helm.
Edited by Assquatch

So is Shanny basically saying that Darcy was a downed phone line?

What DID, Darcy ever do to earn a paycheck? He made 1 trade a year....Devine sounded like he ran the draft....he never set a market....now not only do you have Bucky Gleason, who took a lot of crap by the way saying he had sources that said Regier was offline....but you have it straight from the mouth of a head NHL official...one who MAY still have to work with Darcy in the future.

What DID, Darcy ever do to earn a paycheck? He made 1 trade a year....Devine sounded like he ran the draft....he never set a market....now not only do you have Bucky Gleason, who took a lot of crap by the way saying he had sources that said Regier was offline....but you have it straight from the mouth of a head NHL official...one who MAY still have to work with Darcy in the future.

It's amazing that everything we suspected could be so well supported after the fact. It just doesn't seem possible, and yet...

So it sounds like DR had turned into an old crotchety shut in.

http://audio.wgr550.com/hosting/media/wgr550/1628405/shanahan.mp3

audio.wgr550.com/hosting/media/wgr550/1628405/shanahan.mp3 (if you paste that into your browser you should get a media player with the time displayed)

8:45 Shanahan addresses anti-Buffalo perception.

10:08 is the quote I posted above.

Edited by Assquatch

If there is one thing you would think anyone would do...it would be to have a passionate defense for your team. But then again, look at the type of team Darcy built....so I guess it's not surprising he would hang them out to dry.

Yea I was always annoyed that he didn't have the fire. He seemed to never back up his guys. He never held others accountable for criticizing his team and he never held his team accountable when they failed.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.