Sabres New Media Summit, Ray replaces Neale

spndnchz

Kevin Sylvester stepping down to host his own show. Is that what I heard? As long as he's not doing the play by play...

I think Rayzor will do well taking over the color commentary.

Cool, No more Colin Cowherd. Can't beat that. Looking forward to more Sabres talk, 10-12 is good for me.

Rayzor Taking over for Neal? That doesn't suck!

More Kevin Sylvester? I hope we don't see an increase in auto accidents because of people falling asleep at the wheel.

Rob Ray will be up in the broadcast booth with RJ. RJ has been signed to multi-year deal.

Neale will still be a "Danny Gare" type guy but not color commentator anymore. He'll be pre-game and between periods with Brian Duff (hired full time) and Robitaille.

Kevin Sylvester will replace Colin Cowherd from 10am-noon with his show "Sabres Hockey Hotline" Mon-Friday.

Article here: http://sabres.nhl.co...vid=DL|BUF|home

Summary:

Rob Ray being added to the broadcast booth as the full-time color analyst...He joins Sabres Hall-of-Famer Rick Jeanneret...

Jeanneret, after calling a more limited number of games last season, has signed a new, multi-year contract and will increase the number of games he will call in 2012-13.

...new radio program, Sabres Hockey Hotline, on WGR 550, beginning Monday, June 18. The program will be broadcast live from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. Monday through Friday year-round from the Sabres Store... Sylvester will transition the bulk of his duties to the radio program and will serve as the show’s host and executive producer.

Brian Duff... signed a new deal with the team to serve as the full-time in-game host for all Sabres broadcasts on MSG...

Veteran broadcasters Harry Neale, Danny Gare and Mike Robitaille will be mainstays across all Sabres platforms

So, Ray goes upstairs with Rick, who's back for more games. Duff takes over as full time host. Duff, Neale, and Robi do pre-game and intermissions, Duff and Robi do post game. Sylvester gets promoted to exec producer and host of a new daily radio show. Gare gets bumped to a weekly radio segment.

More Rick, more Rayzor, more Duff, no Kevin play-by-play, no gare on TV, Neale and Robitaille doing analysis only. Perfect!

I'm gonna text Teddy.

So, Ray goes upstairs with Rick, who's back for more games. Duff takes over as full time host. Duff, Neale, and Robi do pre-game and intermissions, Duff and Robi do post game. Sylvester gets promoted to exec producer and host of a new daily radio show. Gare gets bumped to a weekly radio segment.

More Rick, more Rayzor, more Duff, no Kevin play-by-play, no gare on TV, Neale and Robitaille doing analysis only. Perfect!

I'm gonna text Teddy.

Clarified... Ray will be between the benches for home games and in the booth for road games.

JMO, but I think the between benches commentator is terrible. There has become too much talking during the games and less play-by-play. NBC has become tough to watch because they are all chatting during the action and it's worse when a goal is scored. Sorry, seems I got off topic.

Kevin Sylvester will replace Colin Cowherd from 10am-noon with his show "Sabres Hockey Hotline" Mon-Friday.

Sylvester gets promoted to exec producer and host of a new daily radio show.

So KS no longer works for the Sabres, right? He's an employee of WGR, correct? I ask because he was, understandably, biased positive about the Sabres in his previous position. I'm not sure I could take that five days a week. If, however, he'll actually be objective about the team, then I'll listen.

So KS no longer works for the Sabres, right? He's an employee of WGR, correct? I ask because he was, understandably, biased positive about the Sabres in his previous position. I'm not sure I could take that five days a week. If, however, he'll actually be objective about the team, then I'll listen.

I think Uncle Terry may have made sure he got a spot, so don't look for that objectivity just yet. That's cool with me......nice set of moves all around.

Sabres own the show and KS, GR just plays it.

So, who is color alongside RJ for home games?

Any word on how many away games RJ will travel for?

Ray is color for home games.

Anything else happen at the Summit? Looking back at twitter under #SabresChat was pretty useless.

Myers had knee surgery a few weeks ago. Nothing major, just a little clean up.

Sabres will NOT be taking the MSG feed for NY games.

The party tent is being scratched.

Some arena changes are in the works. Black wouldn't say anything more than that the F'N Center's roof was getting a paint job.

He didn't say anything specific about players other than he thought they were thin at forward.

Black said the All Star game was booked up through 2015 but a Winter Classic in Buffalo could be possible soon as the NHL may go to multiple games on New Years Day.

Cool, No more Colin Cowherd. Can't beat that. Looking forward to more Sabres talk, 10-12 is good for me.

Rayzor Taking over for Neal? That doesn't suck!

I will now be able to keep the radio on all day instead of having to turn it off between 10 and noon.

This is great news... diminishing the roles of the people I can't stand and adding to the roles of the people I like!

I think Ray's comments from between the benches is great. It's even better because now he won't be competing with Neale.. which is good because it means something relevant will be broadcast. Putting him in the booth on the road will be nice too.. because it means no Neale and no Gare.. there are not enough words to describe my elation at that move.

Adding Duff was huge. I think he's a successor waiting to happen and so far I would not be disappointed.

Good stuff. Although in Rochester we still have the freakin' Cowherd blowhard.

Rob Ray will be up in the broadcast booth with RJ. RJ has been signed to multi-year deal.

Neale will still be a "Danny Gare" type guy but not color commentator anymore. He'll be pre-game and between periods with Brian Duff (hired full time) and Robitaille.

I love the higher profile for Duffer. He's just damn good.

Archived