Concerts you plan to attend this year

Weave

Restarting this thread in case anyone is interested as summer concert announcement season is finally upon us.

July is really shaping up for me! Acquired tix to James Taylor/Bonnie Raitt in Buffalo on 7/1 and Tedeschi Trucks Band 7/10 in Canandaigua. I'm pretty pumped, actually.

Who else is lining up their summer concert schedule now?

Foo fighters, Toronto. July

I'd go to that show just to hear Bonnie Raitt do Angel From Montgomery.

Roger that!

Actually, Susan Tedeschi kills it too when the TTB plays it, which they occasionally do. 

Foo fighters, Toronto. July

I need to explore their music some more. I am not overly familiar. 

Man do I want to go see Jack White at Artpark, but the tickets are like 110 bucks, and while its worth it I don't think I can swing it.

Tedeschi Trucks are playing up there, too, so that Might happen. 

I see that TTB is in a general admission venue as opposed to the arena w/lawn seats. 

Although I am 6'5" and hence fare quite well in GA venues I can't bring myself to drive the 3 hours from Corning for it. Looking for a place to sit with good sightlines.

That said, if I lived nearby I'd be there in a heartbeat for the price (I believe it was $40?).

Edited by Sakman

• 1 month later...

My son gave me an early Father's Day gift today.  Tix to see Metallica in KBC in October.

And my son turns 21 a month prior, so I won't have an automatic DD anymore.  I wonder what an Uber will cost me back and forth from KBC to nowhere?

Edited by We've

Not sure the cost.

But it will be worth every penny.

Well, I was going to go if I could get a tix in the cheap seats. My son got tix today and said cheap seats were gone. He really wanted to go and sprung for the high dollar seats to make it happen. My wife went halvsies with him and its my Dads Day gift now.

So Momma’s Mothers Day gift just got expensive for me.

Oh! You mean the Uber cost. Yeah, that’ll be worth it too.

Edited by We've

Well, I was going to go if I could get a tix in the cheap seats. My son got tix today and said cheap seats were gone. He really wanted to go and sprung for the high dollar seats to make it happen. My wife went halvsies with him and its my Dads Day gift now.

Money well spent. Once you have the basic things needed for life, spending on experiences with family and friends and having the memories is a much better investment IMO. 

Better hope it's something you can buy that she wants. The *labor only* gifts are the real killer. She's got some mighty big bargaining chips right now.

• 3 weeks later...

My kid just texted me to inform me that he got us tickets in the pit for Godsmack and Shinedown.

I may be too old for this. Should be interesting.

At least it wasn’t pit tickets for Slayer and Lamb of God. I KNOW I am too old for that.

My kid just texted me to inform me that he got us tickets in the pit for Godsmack and Shinedown.

I may be too old for this. Should be interesting.

At least it wasn’t pit tickets for Slayer and Lamb of God. I KNOW I am too old for that.

I've seen both bands from the pit more than once. You'll be fine. Last time I saw Shinedown was at Northern Lights in Albany and Hailstorm opened for them. Had to be around 2009. I've seen Godsmack 3 times, the last of then being in 2010 with Drowning Pool and Five Finger Death Punch opening for them. My skinny little wife managed just fine in the pit for both shows. I imagine it hasn't gotten any wilder since then.

• 1 month later...

Reviving this thread as the summer season is almost upon us. 

Just saw the outstanding Bria Skonberg and her Trio at the Corning Museum of Glass on Saturday. Just outstanding. 

Next up is The Lowest of the Low in Ithaca on Saturday. 

Robert Cray, Tedeschi Trucks Band Wheels of Soul Tour, and Bonnie Raitt/James Taylor are on the docket for summer time. 

Live Nation has got a deal for $20 tix all this week for just about all of the Datien Lake shows this Summer.

We are already going to see Slayer and we are seeing Godsmack as well at D Lake. At $20, we are probably adding Judas Priest to that list.