GDT - Buffalo @ Philadelphia - 4/5/2012 - 7:00pm

darksabre

Well its 80 down 2 to go and 1 to stay alive.

So looking forward to hockey tonight. I just hope the same team comes out that finished the TO game.

Read above that Bahston is resting some key players tonight for Sat..Well maybe just maybe that hit on Miller runs deeper than just an oops. :rolleyes: Really would be a sweet script and set up for Saturday if it was for all the marbles(playoff spot).

First things first lets exercise some playoff ghosts from last year before we go further back. 1 game elimination no reason for every player on this team to not leave everything they got on the ice tonight.

Lets go Buff-a-lo, make it so !

This is where I'll be tonight during the game with the wife and kids. The question is do I Tivo the game or watch live on my phone?

live on your phone. with headphones. and the occasional "YES!!!" when buffalo scores, or a rousing "SH**!!!" if philly scores.

I pray that tonight's game against Philly turns out like the second to last game of our season last year, which was...against Philly.

I was thinking the same thing. If the Flyers pick up a point tonight, they clinch 5th spot (the Devils could match them on points but not ROW). Maybe we'll see those last 30 seconds where no one wants to take a chance like last year.

This is where I'll be tonight during the game with the wife and kids. The question is do I Tivo the game or watch live on my phone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9iyYPeRNPg

JMHO and I'm not saying but just sayin, TIVO, hockey is hockey but time with Family/young kids is priceless. Besides if your watching the game on your phone are you really with them ? :angel:

enjoy the time with your kids and your wife no sarcasm just enjoy being a family

You're absolutely right, I was only half serious as my wife would kill me if she caught me watching the game. To be honest my kids are more excited about this concert than I could ever be about a hockey game anymore. It's fun to watch them and remember what it was like to be a kid.

You're absolutely right, I was only half serious as my wife would kill me if she caught me watching the game. To be honest my kids are more excited about this concert than I could ever be about a hockey game anymore. It's fun to watch them and remember what it was like to be a kid.

Cool however I will add if this was game 7 of the SC finals then and only then can you legitemately say F' that. ;)

I was thinking the same thing. If the Flyers pick up a point tonight, they clinch 5th spot (the Devils could match them on points but not ROW). Maybe we'll see those last 30 seconds where no one wants to take a chance like last year.

I can see them wanting to get up to 4th so they'd host in round 1, but if they can't get there, if I'm them, I'd rather fall to 6th. Face Pittsburgh in the opening round or face Florida? If they actually had a little more say in things, that really doesn't seem like a tough choice to me.

I can see them wanting to get up to 4th so they'd host in round 1, but if they can't get there, if I'm them, I'd rather fall to 6th. Face Pittsburgh in the opening round or face Florida? If they actually had a little more say in things, that really doesn't seem like a tough choice to me.

Eggsaxctly. However I really think the Devils like where they r and will not push for 5th place for the exact same reason. Thats the best it could get for Devils and who would rather face (Florida/wash or Pens). I can see the devils suddenly resting a lot of key players if Phl had a chance to fall into 6th.

Sabres cannot clinch (though, they can get close), but they can be clinched. Make game 82 matter!!

if the stars aligned then game 82 should matter as #82 has mattered to us. If it's all about 82 this year then let it be so.

I heard Bryz is in net tonight.

He is, but he's struggled with the chip fracture in right his foot. The Sabres need to get him moving and take some repeated hard, low shots at his pads.

No Briere, JVR, Grossman, or Meszaros. And of course no Pronger. They are arguably more depleted than us right now, although they still have team speed that can exploit us. I have a good feeling.

if the stars aligned then game 82 should matter as #82 has mattered to us. If it's all about 82 this year then let it be so.

Not to look ahead, but Game #82 could be interesting depending on who sits for Boston. Tonight they'll be sitting Chara, Thomas and Bergeron--- plus, Boychuk is out. There's speculation it'll be the same lineup for Saturday:

http://www.boston.co...avel_to_ottawa/

At least Briere can't be the villain tonight. Wonder if I'll get locked out of SS again tonight :doh:

Well, the last time you did they came back and won the game, so if I were you, I would aim at getting locked out again if the Sabres get into any trouble tonight and are down at any point

The bottom line to me is that with our defense depleted, and with Philly's defense depleted, we need our forwards to step up in a big way particularly when it comes to maintaining offensive zone time. I am worried about this game, but Philly as a whole is more banged up than the Sabres and if there was ever a time we would beat them, it's this game. I'm not going to say the forwards are the only players we need to step up, but they simply have to help compensate for our missing defensemen. And it should go without saying, but Miller has to bring his A-game.

Just win baby!

Archived