GDT: Buffalo at Toronto (3/31/2012, 7:05PM)

Ghost of Dwight Drane

I think it was Mike Robitaille last night who said the Sabres needed to forget about the Pittsburgh game, and treat the Maple Leaf game as if they were playing the BEST team in the NHL, a dangerous team.

Too bad Roby wasn't the one coaching - Ruff needed to get these guys psyched, and up, and he failed to do so.

We saw the few Sabres who truly were fired up, I think.

Caps next three are away at Tampa Bay and NYR and at home against the Panthers. Even if they get 2 tonight, this season is not over just yet.

If you can't beat the Leafs in a must win game, do you really want to make to the post season for an early exit?

Actually, IMHO, their run has illustrated quite plainly that the coach is not as important a factor as the players. When the players decide to play, a good coach will lead them to wins. If the players want to slack off, there isn't much a coach can do.

A good coach gets his player to play.

I think it was Mike Robitaille last night who said the Sabres needed to forget about the Pittsburgh game, and treat the Maple Leaf game as if they were playing the BEST team in the NHL, a dangerous team.

Too bad Roby wasn't the one coaching - Ruff needed to get these guys psyched, and up, and he failed to do so.

Exactly... Leafs had no pressure and nothing to lose, whereas the Sabres had another back-to-back and desperately needed points. Hope they come out pissed on Tuesday.

I'm as absolutely frustrated as I could possibly be...but ALL teams do this. Pittsburgh just lost 2 in a row to the Islanders, effectively ending their chances at a #1 seed.

QFT

Bottom line is that you can't bring back the same people who have been here for 15 years and have missed the playoffs for 6 years out of the last 10.

Except that they can, and they will.

Actually, IMHO, their run has illustrated quite plainly that the coach is not as important a factor as the players. When the players decide to play, a good coach will lead them to wins. If the players want to slack off, there isn't much a coach can do.

This is how I feel. It's like parents or teachers with students....they can do all they can, but at some point the kid has to make the rubber hit the road. It's the same with sports.

If you can't beat the Leafs in a must win game, do you really want to make to the post season for an early exit?

Before these last two games, the Sabres' streak was nothing short of amazing. If they get into the playoffs I do not see them being an easy out by any means.

The Sabres losing on the road to the Leafs is bad... but the Caps losing a 2 goal lead at home to Montreal, 15th in the conference, is probably worse. The Sabres, Panthers and Capitals all sort of deserve to miss the playoffs.

Sabres could not have been handed two better chances to win with these past two tenders - I really have to laugh when I think about it. First home win for leafs in 11 tries and they did it with scrivens. It really suits these guys perfectly, oh buffalo, you done did it again.

Two straight nights of 4 goals against....now that's what I call clutch goaltending!

Miller for MVP

Silence. If it wasn't for Miller in the last month and a half, this team wouldn't even be in this position.

Of course, if it wasnt for Miller in months prior, this team wouldn't be in this position either, lol.

Archived