GDT: Buffalo at Toronto (3/31/2012, 7:05PM)

Ghost of Dwight Drane

i dont care if ruff was the worst coach of all time tonight. You lose, its on the players.

"And the shot goes wide....and the shot sails over the net...wide....wide...high and wide............." This was tonight's game. Oh and two bad ones let in by Miller.

It feels much more over than it is...And I now think, whether we get there or not, we don't deserve it either way. We haven't showed up for a game when it counts since we all know when, and it is really frigging frustrating.

how bout last week in NYC? Or in DC?

This was Toronto. This game was a SHOULD win. If I were a Sabre I'd be pretty ashamed right now.

That's a big problem - Sabres lost a LOT of games this year they should have won, against weak opponents like the Islanders.

They have a better chance of catching the Panthers than the Caps, really, based on Florida's schedule, though the way the season has come to this they probably don't deserve it.

Notice in The Charts thread GoDD suggested two straight losses would be ideal in the last few games, fwiw. They're very much still in this although like I said, they may not deserve it.

I don't know why some assumed we were taking both games against the Leafs as a gimme, but still embarrassing that they lost. So annoyed.

I think it was Mike Robitaille last night who said the Sabres needed to forget about the Pittsburgh game, and treat the Maple Leaf game as if they were playing the BEST team in the NHL, a dangerous team.

Too bad Roby wasn't the one coaching - Ruff needed to get these guys psyched, and up, and he failed to do so.

Okay. Now you can rail on'em, Lindy, Darcy,.. the whole lot. During the game, it is tiresome.

Actually, IMHO, their run has illustrated quite plainly that the coach is not as important a factor as the players. When the players decide to play, a good coach will lead them to wins. If the players want to slack off, there isn't much a coach can do.

Bottom line

You can't give bad teams life with SH goals.

You can't let in a soft goal.

You can't let in goals at 19:59

Bottom line is that you can't bring back the same people who have been here for 15 years and have missed the playoffs for 6 years out of the last 10.

That's a big problem - Sabres lost a LOT of games this year they should have won, against weak opponents like the Islanders.

I'm as absolutely frustrated as I could possibly be...but ALL teams do this. Pittsburgh just lost 2 in a row to the Islanders, effectively ending their chances at a #1 seed.

Archived