GDT: Minnesota at Buffalo (3/24/2012, 7:00pm)

deluca67

Who wants at it?

Tuesday

night's

and missing a period to separate the sentences?

Anyways, my favorite quote of the night comes from the captain, “I think it shows the character we have in the room,” Jason Pominville said. “The guys stuck together. And as fun as it’s been, I think there’s still a lot of work to be done.”

They have to stay hungry or this is all for not. Also anyone else notice how when the Ennis line is shutdown the Hodgson line picks up the slack and vice versa? We finally have found some scoring depth and as long as the defense continues to work hard i think we can win a good number of these last 6 games.

Didn't see this mentioned yet...

Congrats to Ryan Miller on career win #250.

LET'S GO BUFFALO

Very cool! If Ryan continues on this career trajectory and manages to pick up a Stanley Cup championship along the way, he will likely go down as the greatest American goalie in NHL history.

Borrowed from today's NHL.com

Foligno is just the sixth active player to score six or more goals in his first nine NHL games -- he joins Teemu Selanne (8), Evgeni Malkin (8),Devin Setoguchi (7), Ilya Kovalchuk (6) and Alex Ovechkin (6).

"It's huge to contribute. I didn't have the best game, but it was good to get that goal," Foligno said. "Just the way me, Stafford and Ennis have been playing, I don't think I created enough for those guys tonight. But games like that are gonna happen, and it was good to rebound and get that one in the third."

Hodgson capped off the scoring with his 19th of the season into an empty net as time expired.

Ryan Miller

• stopped 24 shots, including 15 of 16 in the first period,
  • for his 29th win of the season.
  • is 13-1-4 over his last 18 games;
  • and 18-3-5 since January 24.
  • has started eight in a row,
  • and 18 of Buffalo's last 19 games.

On an aside, I thought Turnbull skated the best he has since being called up. Looks like he is actually finding his legs which I wasn't sure he actually had. And because of that he started looking like a bigger version of Kaleta at least from a hustle standpoint. Not sure he has Kaleta's hands, but I like his size and physicality. He makes the Sabres much tougher to play against if plays like he did last night.

On an aside, I thought Turnbull skated the best he has since being called up. Looks like he is actually finding his legs which I wasn't sure he actually had. And because of that he started looking like a bigger version of Kaleta at least from a hustle standpoint. Not sure he has Kaleta's hands, but I like his size and physicality. He makes the Sabres much tougher to play against if plays like he did last night.

I like alot of what i've seen from the guys from Rochester. I think there is alot to like with some of these guys going forward. Gonna have to be some tough roster decisions, hopefully DR and LR can make the RIGHT decisions.

On an aside, I thought Turnbull skated the best he has since being called up. Looks like he is actually finding his legs which I wasn't sure he actually had. And because of that he started looking like a bigger version of Kaleta at least

from a hustle standpoint. Not sure he has

Kaleta's hands, but I like his size and physicality.

He makes the Sabres much tougher to play

against if plays like he did last night.

I hope he's given a chance to be the Sabres 4th line center. I think 42/8-65-36 could be an annoying line to play against.

CoHo is playing a very good all around game now, he makes great passes and I hope him and Vanek are kept together and become some special.

Remember when we talked earlier in the season about the chemistry thing and how Vanek wasn't clicking with any center? All of a sudden things are starting to look right. Just as surprising, though, is how well Tropp completes that line.

This post-game interview with Foligno is only serving to massively increase my man crush on him.

I think the term is "bromance."

I hope he's given a chance to be the Sabres 4th line center. I think 42/8-65-36 could be an annoying line to play against.

With Kaleta and Turnbull, I don't think it's by any means an "either-or" situation. I can't wait to see the havoc they create on a line together.

I am just loving the addition of Marcus Foligno to the roster. As Roby mentioned last night after the game, Marcus is the real deal - he's no flash in the pan, but a solid hockey player who is aggressive, plays with passion and drive, and goes to the net, time and time again.

Plus the heritage aspect is just awesome - his father was a Sabre, and now he is too.

And Cody Hodgson - was so worried with his cold streak, but it was like he had to get that first point to break the ice. Kid has been dynamite since.

For some reason, Hodgson's slow start never bothered me. At that point of the season I had given up on the team, so I didn't really care if he was an instant success. But I also remember the hot starts of several of the other deadline pickups (Boyes, Bernier, etc.) and decided that a hot start from a deadline pickup is not an indicator of longterm success. Instead, Cody has grown into the team and already seems to be more of part of the team than Boyes is.

I am just loving the addition of Marcus Foligno to the roster. As Roby mentioned last night after the game, Marcus is the real deal - he's no flash in the pan, but a solid hockey player who is aggressive, plays with passion and drive, and goes to the net, time and time again.

Plus the heritage aspect is just awesome - his father was a Sabre, and now he is too.

And Cody Hodgson - was so worried with his cold streak, but it was like he had to get that first point to break the ice. Kid has been dynamite since.

The problem is when he doesn't score. Like Stafford, there isn't much else to his game beyond the offense. IMO, the Sabres have too many players that fit this mold, which could be called the Brad Boyes mold. If they are not creating offense, there is no reason to have them in the lineup.

The problem is when he doesn't score. Like Stafford, there isn't much else to his game beyond the offense. IMO, the Sabres have too many players that fit this mold, which could be called the Brad Boyes mold. If they are not creating offense, there is no reason to have them in the lineup.

Totally disagree, I think CoHo has a lot of aspects to his game........IMO a pretty all round player with a quick mind for the game.

Totally disagree, I think CoHo has a lot of aspects to his game........IMO a pretty all round player with a quick mind for the game.

His penalty killing has been just as impressive as the offense he's helped generate over the past 4 games. He's been on the ice in the last minute of at least 3 of the past 4 close games, albeit against Minnesota last night the Sabres were on the PP. Lindy clearly sees Cody as a two-way center and seems to value his defensive acumen in crunch time.

Having great on ice vision isn't merely valuable when passing the puck--- it's an unteachable skill that gives a player an advantage in defensive situations, as well. I think that is showing through.

I've seen nothing during his time here that would indicate that to be true. Please feel free to elaborate.

Well when he found his legs, his back checking for a younger player is pretty solid......He seems to make very good passes and has great vision in order to do so......He wins battles along the boards and behind the net.........He has also mixed it up during scrums in front of the net and seems to be strong on his skates......I would like him to work on his face-offs.........Of course all of the positives that I mentioned started happening when he started to play well with Vanek and Tropp.......I hope this upward trend continues........He is also a young player who's game will keep getting better.

Well when he found his legs, his back checking for a younger player is pretty solid......He seems to make very good passes and has great vision in order to do so......He wins battles along the boards and behind the net.........He has also mixed it up during scrums in front of the net and seems to be strong on his skates......I would like him to work on his face-offs.........Of course all of the positives that I mentioned started happening when he started to play well with Vanek and Tropp.......I hope this upward trend continues........He is also a young player who's game will keep getting better.

I've noticed Tropp a lot more in those regards than I have Hodgson. Example is Vanek's goal last night. Hodgson got the primary assist, Tropp made the play possible.

Weave must be busy... No "fight night" thread after Turnbull dropped the gloves?

Yeah, I've been busy all day. Late last night I went looking for video to post it and nothing was out there yet. I'll get to it in a bit.

I've noticed Tropp a lot more in those regards than I have Hodgson. Example is Vanek's goal last night. Hodgson got the primary assist, Tropp made the play possible.

I saw hodgson take the puck out of the corner and drive hard to the net for a scoring chance, then Vanek bury the rebound.

Hodgson head for the game is already among the best on the team and he seems to have some courage as well.

Tropp's hustle has been impressive, and he is helping the others, but I drool to think what that line could do if he had hands (or suddenly turned into Dustin Brown.)

Archived