GDT: Minnesota at Buffalo (3/24/2012, 7:00pm)

deluca67

The Sabres can accomplish a lot with a victory tonight.

They can leapfrog Washington into 8th place.

They can tie the 7th seed Sens in points.

They can move to 1 game over .500 at home.

The Wild are 3-7 in their last 10, but have won their last 2 over Calgary and Vancouver, they are in the classic spoiler role right now.

After all the talk this season on how bad the SE Division was, here we are on in the final days of the 2011-2012 season and the NE division has amassed only 4 more points so far and have played two more games. The Divisions are going to end up pretty much even when the year is over. The Atlantic Division has 54 more points than the NE division has.

Minnesota plays Buffalo today and Washington tomorrow. They will have a lot to say about who gets a playoff berth, Let's hope they stayed out too late on Chipewa St last night.

A win tonight by Buffalo and a few other helpers gives them a 50-50 playoff chance..

Minnesota's the lowest scoring team in the league by a wide margin, but games like this scare the crap out of me. Really hope the Sabres come out with some jump, and the crowd has GOT to be energized, right?

Minnesota's the lowest scoring team in the league by a wide margin, but games like this scare the crap out of me. Really hope the Sabres come out with some jump, and the crowd has GOT to be energized, right?

admittedly, I was worried about last night's game. we all know how that worked out. I have high expectations for this game. a win here coupled with an Ottawa loss would be like Christmas all over again.

Just WIN!

Guest Sloth

With a buffalo win and sens loss, do we take 7th place??

Unfortunately, no. Due to the tiebreakers, the Sabres would be in 8th place. Just off the top of my head, Ottawa has more regulation/OT wins than Buffalo. What makes it really cool though is Ottawa fans now have to be worried their team won't make the playoffs.

Guest Sloth

The Senators were also in 1st place in the NE like a week ago. Sure, only for a day or two, but going from 3rd in the Eastern Conference to possibly playing golf in April? I'd love it if it happened! I guess you guys can tell I really do not like the Senators.

If there is such a thing as a trap game in the NHL, this is it. Huge win against one of the best teams in the league. Huge emotional high. Second of a back to back after travel against a team nobody expects to beat us with the Caps coming up on Tuesday.

Stay focused and take care of business, boys. That's all I ask.

Vanek gets off the schneid with a pair of goals for his fans back in Minny.

GO SABRES!!!

If there is such a thing as a trap game in the NHL, this is it. Huge win against one of the best teams in the league. Huge emotional high. Second of a back to back after travel against a team nobody expects to beat us with the Caps coming up on Tuesday.

Good call. I have the same concerns.

I wouldn't mind seeing Enroth tonight.

Good call. I have the same concerns.

I wouldn't mind seeing Enroth tonight.

And if Lindy plays Enroth and the Sabres lose...how in the world does LLLLLiiiindy ever get his arse off the hook.." Mr Ruff.. The Sabres missed the playoffs by one point. If you had it to do all over again would you still play Enroth in that game where the Sabres lost 4-3 to MIn?"

I never thought there was such a thing as a trap game when two of the leagues bottom 15 teams were playing each other.... Haha

Anyways, this team has shown again and again that they are resilient. They always seem to come back from adversity year after year. They have made it close and interesting every year since the lockout.

Hey, we cant complain, they've made march/April interesting and exciting over the last 6 years

And if Lindy plays Enroth and the Sabres lose...how in the world does LLLLLiiiindy ever get his arse off the hook.." Mr Ruff.. The Sabres missed the playoffs by one point. If you had it to do all over again would you still play Enroth in that game where the Sabres lost 4-3 to MIn?"

Coaching is about doing what's best for the team, not appealing to hindsight bias.

"Mr. Ruff, the Sabres missed the playoffs by one point - If you had to do it over again, would you still play your backup in that Minnesota loss, or maybe just try to instill some freakin' pride and effort during your extended road game losing streak?".

Tyler Ennis now has 27pts in 41 games and has improved is ppga to 0.659 He is the key to this teams recent successes and his emergence has changed the chemistry for a lot of players.

Drew Stafford is at 0.616ppga and has been feeding off of Ennis. It could be he just needed a center who could feed him the puck. Either way this duo along with Foligno have given us a line that can dominate.

Tyler Ennis now has 27pts in 41 games and has improved is ppga to 0.659 He is the key to this teams recent successes and his emergence has changed the chemistry for a lot of players.

Drew Stafford is at 0.616ppga and has been feeding off of Ennis. It could be he just needed a center who could feed him the puck. Either way this duo along with Foligno have given us a line that can dominate.

As someone said in last nights GDT, I agree that having Foligno on the line takes a lot of pressure off of Stafford to be the big body.

Indeed.. I missed last night's game sadly. Tonight I am all in. I want to see this team with some jump. Take the Wild out early and encourage them to save their energy for the Caps game tomorrow.. but most of all win. Right now teams at the stop are sliding a bit and that's tightening the races up. The only teams with no fear are the Atlantic teams and the Southeast champion. Everyone else is fair game, especially if Boston can't turn it around either.

This is getting good, but most importantly it's nice to see the Sabres playing the way we thought they should have been playing in the first place.

Archived