GDT: Buffalo at New York Rangers (3/23/2012, 7:00pm)

Corp000085

I think that defensive stand where Erhoff played goalie was one of the best displays of team work by the Sabres all season.

What a low point when Miller got taken out by Lucic - nice to know the Sabres have put that behind, and are a team now!

I am glad they are playing the top team in such a critical situation because it will really give me an idea of what to expect for the future. Desperation alone beats talent on a night like this and you pair that up with Sabres play of late, nothing short of two points should be the outcome. I am feeling a herculian effort tonight with a score similar to 5-2 (Sabes win).

Well you get the gist of it....... ;)

I could swear I heard Ruff very recently saying Enroth needs to get a game in here down the stretch. This would be that game IMHO.

Huh? Every speculation is exactly opposite (i.e., no Enroth until a clinch or injury); when did Ruff supposedly say that?

Huh? Every speculation is exactly opposite (i.e., no Enroth until a clinch or injury); when did Ruff supposedly say that?

I believe it was on pregame today where he said there was still a goaltending schedule. Of course, the schedule probably reads "MIller" next to every game. But it's a schedule!

Personally I would like to see Enroth get another game at some point, but I'm not expecting it unless we clinch and have no upward mobility.

Ehrhoff has been playing outstanding hockey since the all star break.

Roy again showed great hustle.

Travis Turnbull not ready for this league, but I'm happy he scored. Gerbe and Kaleta are big step up from he and Cody Mac.

Like how Hodgson/Vanek, Stafford/Ennis, Pomville/Roy is giving us a mismatch against one line against most teams.

I've been waiting for a thee-line attack for all year.

###### we're playing well right now. Tonight is the first time I actually dared think we might pull this off.

Maybe now MSNBC and/or the NHL Network will take a break from the Ovechkin lovefest to mention the Caps are in a neck and neck race with the Sabres and could be eliminated from the playoffs?

http://oi43.tinypic.com/345kh6u.jpg

what do you mean the NHL are having a lovefest with Ovechkin and the caps?! you're crazy! /sarcasm

Not sure that following a 4-1 win over a top team in the league is the best time to complain about Lindy's line management. Especially considering both lines played very well with the time they got anyway.

I complain about it every game, win or lose and I'll continue to do so until Derek Roy is off the team. Also it isn't the "lines" Roy had over a minute and a half more even strength time than Pommers, I hate the idea that Lindy continues to give an under achiever more ice time than any forward on the team because he's his pet.

I complain about it every game, win or lose and I'll continue to do so until Derek Roy is off the team. Also it isn't the "lines" Roy had over a minute and a half more even strength time than Pommers, I hate the idea that Lindy continues to give an under achiever more ice time than any forward on the team because he's his pet.

Roy played a lot tonight because he played well tonight.. And because his line is probably the most defensively responsible of the forward lines.

He has not under achieving tonight thats for sure, give credit where credit is due, its only fair. I myself am not the biggest Roy fan.

people are too harsh on enroth for my liking. the games he lost this year were due in part to how awful the sabres were playing.

it doesn't matter how good your goalie is. if your defence is like a sieve and your goalscoring doesn't exist, you aren't going to win games.

enroth should play tomorrow, give miller a rest. he deserves it.

I'd agree, he was doing a good job early on the season with Miller looking for his game, while the rest of the team played well.

1998 Dominik Hasek couldn't have won with the team playing in front of him like they did in front of Enroth, after the Lucic cheap shot.

Well you get the gist of it....... ;)

Nice call ;)

He has not under achieving tonight thats for sure, give credit where credit is due, its only fair. I myself am not the biggest Roy fan.

I'll give him credit for the way he played tonight and the other day I said that I thought he was the best Sabre on the ice, but doing it 2 or 3 games out of 15 doesn't quite cut it. When the whole team was struggling this was a different story, but in the last 2 weeks, other than 1 game the Ennis line has been on fire, I think they've earned a little more ice time.

you have to think if RJ isn't showing up to Madison Square Garden that he's either retiring next year or is sick. Doesn't sound sick either.

I was surprised he wasn't calling the game.

I was surprised he wasn't calling the game.

i think the travel has just gotten to him. I saw RJ,Harry, and Ray in the hotel lobby in DC when they played the Caps around Christmas. Must have been close to 9 AM, and they all looked like hell, cranky too. I am sure the travel up, then back the same day, then do game the next night is just no longer doable for him.

you have to think if RJ isn't showing up to Madison Square Garden that he's either retiring next year or is sick. Doesn't sound sick either.

I think the schedule was setup far in advance but I'm not 100% sure. What I do know is that Rob Ray said specifically yesterday on WGR that Rick will be handling PBP on all remaining games. His absence last night may have to do with this being the last back to back sequence.

I think the schedule was setup far in advance but I'm not 100% sure. What I do know is that Rob Ray said specifically yesterday on WGR that Rick will be handling PBP on all remaining games. His absence last night may have to do with this being the last back to back sequence.

Isn't Pitt and Toronto B2B?

Isn't Pitt and Toronto B2B?

You're right--- I read a reference to it somewhere and the way the blurb was worded made it sound like the last one.

Pittsburgh at home on Friday and then at Toronto on Saturday is still probably more palatable especially considering Rick lives in Ontario.

Yeah, same here - I've been no Derek Roy fan, but he's been playing very hard lately.

http://oi43.tinypic.com/345kh6u.jpg

what do you mean the NHL are having a lovefest with Ovechkin and the caps?! you're crazy! /sarcasm

:lol: :lol:

Sabres? What are "Sabres"?

Whomever the dumbkopf was the other night, he mentioned that Caps are going for 1st place in the Southeast Division - no mention of the very real possibility of being eliminated from the playoffs by our Sabres.

At least ESPN's webpage headlines today include... " Sabres dump Rangers... continue playoff surge"

Well, all the national critics could be silenced by a win against the Caps next week - damn, some exciting hockey on the horizon!

When Zucarello went to the bench last night, you just knew something bad happened. The way his arm slung low and didn't move when he hopped over the bench said it all. Too bad the kid broke his wrist blocking the shot. I certainly know blocking shots has its place in hockey, but teams that do too much of it play a big price in talent down the stretch.

Well, that was a great win. My game notes:

- Miller! Miller! Miller!

- I'm away on vacation and realized that NHL gamecenter online offers a $10 per day option -- so I sprung for it and watched the game. What a great feature.

- Ehrhoff is proving out to be what we thought we were getting -- not a Norris-level player, but a very, very good all-around defenseman.

- Roy-Pommer-Leino didn't score but created quite a few chances, while Ennis-Stafford-Foligno was obviously terrific again. Hodgson-Vanek-Tropp was much quieter. In fact, is Vanek still playing for the Sabres? 6 goals in his last 39 games.

- Stafford is reborn! Like a Phoenix, rising from Arizona!

- These next 2 games are enormous.

Go Sabres.

Archived