GDT: Buffalo at New York Rangers (3/23/2012, 7:00pm)

Corp000085

With the Caps' loss last night, the Sabres control their own destiny. Take care of business on their end and it doesn't matter what Washington does.

Time to get 2 points on the top team in the conference.

It's the fun situation where both teams control there destiny.

I am glad they are playing the top team in such a critical situation because it will really give me an idea of what to expect for the future. Desperation alone beats talent on a night like this and you pair that up with Sabres play of late, nothing short of two points should be the outcome. I am feeling a herculian effort tonight with a score similar to 5-2 (Sabes win).

I've got to hand it to this team for even getting themselves into this position. It's also looking like Pegula was correct when he cried about injuries earlier in the season. While there still no excuse for their uninspired play for those two months or so, especially from "core" players who you should be able to count on to pick up some slack, you have to believe they would have picked up at least 4 to 6 more points in Dec/Jan if not playing with half an AHL defense.

I've got to hand it to this team for even getting themselves into this position. It's also looking like Pegula was correct when he cried about injuries earlier in the season. While there still no excuse for their uninspired play for those two months or so, especially from "core" players who you should be able to count on to pick up some slack, you have to believe they would have picked up at least 4 to 6 more points in Dec/Jan if not playing with half an AHL defense.

Well, we are still playing with 3 AHLers, but you are right. We got hit with the injury bug bad, but no excuse for the lack of play. I think that this run gives us some hope for the future. We have to look forward to Ennis playing Center, Leino has been getting better, D has been stepping up, Foligno stepped in and has done a better job then the traded Kassian, and Miller seems to be completely healthy. Even if we don't make the playoffs, we have a bright future.

If we make the playoffs I think that we can beat any team when we are completely healthy and everything is firing on all pistons.

Go Sabres!! Cheers!

Pretty much. When you're missing 7-8 starters you simply aren't going to be able to beat teams like Chicago, Detroit, St. Louis, etc. However, you can absolutely still beat Carolina, Columbus, Toronto, and so on...which we lost to. So as I think most would agree the injuries mattered, but they weren't all that mattered. I still have little confidence in our ability to get out of the first round though (unless we get the dream Florida matchup).

And seeing as I've been questioning the Rangers for awhile, I pretty much have to predict a win tonight. Go Sabres!

[1] Yes

[2] I don't think he was even going on the trip

[3] This is a toss up, but I'd take Weber's physicality against the rags tonight...we'll see though

Thanks... I thought I remembered reading that Gerbe was improving but still in Buffalo.

Archived