GDT: Sabres at Sharks 3/01/12 10:30PM

spndnchz

Do you think if Roy passed the puck a little it would help

I think the big difference between a Center like Roy compared to Hodgson and recently Ennis is that those two can see the ice, can pass and set up plays, Roy on the other hand is not a playmaker in my eyes, he's doesn't set his linemates up and really I don't know if he sees the ice that good, which I think attributes to Vanek's game suffering because he's not being fed the puck. If we ever get Center help Roy should be put on the Wing, hopefully he won't be around that long.

I don't really care why it doesn't work, it just doesn't. The problem I see is that when Vanek is with Roy, he just has the puck less on his stick. Vanek thrives when he's getting the puck more, regardless of whether he shoots or passes it. That's part of the reason I think he and Hodgson could work so well together...Vanek plays so well with the puck, Hodgson does a great job of positioning without it, I think it could be real good.

The thought of Vanek and Hodgson does sound good, but I think the reason the Hodgson line so strong right now is the speed of both he and Ennis, plus they both have the ability to carry the puck into the zone and posses it. Vanek has a killer shot and see's the ice well, but I'd say it be hard to argue that anyone is seeing the ice better than Ennis right now, I don't think I'm being bias either because Ennis being my favorite player, Vanek is right up there. Hodgson and Ennis are showing great chemistry and it'd be foolish to break that up. The best answer would be to have the 3 of them together. Stafford has been productive with Ennis and now with Hodgson, I could imagine how Vanek would do in that spot, that would be a killer line. Unfortunately I think Lindy's idea is to spread it out instead of putting together that 1 big line, while it seems that most winning team have that 1 big line.

As much as I like Ennis-Hodgson I would like to see Vanek-Hodgson.

Why not all 3 at some point? Every so often they tend to flip the wing Vanek's skating on.

Beat me to it. Why not? More anything? More everything!

Hodger-Ennis-Vanek

Roy-Leino-Pommer

Boyes-Gerbe-Stafford

Tropp-Ellis-Kaleta

Beat me to it. Why not? More anything? More everything!

Hodger-Ennis-Vanek

Roy-Leino-Pommer

Boyes-Gerbe-Stafford

Tropp-Ellis-Kaleta

But The Garnish is just starting to heat up. Are you sure you want to risk it?

GO SABRES!!!

Leopold just had a tremendous defensive pair of games.

Probably his best back to back in the defensive zone.

Nothing too flashy, but he kept the entire defense calm. And was really QBing the outlets with his yap.

I noticed this too. He was really terrific. Now I feel kinda bad about demanding that he be traded.

I noticed this too. He was really terrific. Now I feel kinda bad about demanding that he be traded.

Nah, no reason to feel bad at all. At least for me it never had anything to do with his play, I think he's a good player with a good contract. I just wanted more cap space heading into the offseason and a roster spot for McNabb.

:lol: "The Garnish". Now that's funny.

All credit to Biodork who came up with it last night. He was also dubbed "The Roofie", another good one. I think my favorite was when Eleven dubbed him "The Blue Jacket."

The last couple game threads have been pretty funny.

GO SABRES!!!

Would it be illegal to put her on payroll?

For what she would be bringing Miller, that would be illegal everywhere but Nevada.

Pegs just needs to keep the jet fueled and the pilot ready for whenever The Conjugal feels he needs date.

GO SABRES!!!

Probably the best Sabres nickname I've read in a long, long time. Bravo bd.

Thanks! It's not often I come up with this stuff, but I think it was the combination of over-tiredness and having recently practiced "Drew Stafford so lazy" jokes with Eleven, lol.

Problem is everyone in Vancouver knows what Sulzer's weaknesses and tendencies are and we don't yet, including whoever his partner would be.

Opportunity is, he knows 20 guys' weaknesses and tendencies. Goes both ways. I'd use him before flying a rookie cross continent.

Archived