GDT: Sabres at Sharks 3/01/12 10:30PM

spndnchz

Everyone keeps saying that Roy being with Vanek is a problem, but Roy has producing since being put on that line. And Pominville has been producing all season no matter who he has been playing with. It seems like Vanek is the in the situation instead of Roy, even though that's a crime to say around here.

I don't really care why it doesn't work, it just doesn't. The problem I see is that when Vanek is with Roy, he just has the puck less on his stick. Vanek thrives when he's getting the puck more, regardless of whether he shoots or passes it. That's part of the reason I think he and Hodgson could work so well together...Vanek plays so well with the puck, Hodgson does a great job of positioning without it, I think it could be real good.

I don't really care why it doesn't work, it just doesn't. The problem I see is that when Vanek is with Roy, he just has the puck less on his stick. Vanek thrives when he's getting the puck more, regardless of whether he shoots or passes it. That's part of the reason I think he and Hodgson could work so well together...Vanek plays so well with the puck, Hodgson does a great job of positioning without it, I think it could be real good.

As much as I like Ennis-Hodgson I would like to see Vanek-Hodgson.

Remember how boring it was when the Sabres won the president's trophy? All they did was win! In a season like this, every game is life and death, and all the games played by a half dozen other teams are life and death for us as well. THAT makes for exciting hockey

Would you really rather have it any other way?

Well that presidents' trophy team did come from behind to win many of those games. That was fun.

As much as I like Ennis-Hodgson I would like to see Vanek-Hodgson.

Why not all 3 at some point? Every so often they tend to flip the wing Vanek's skating on.

Just thinking of this. LR said they'd see today if it swells up or not.

Curious, do you play Sulzer or call up McNabb?

Helluva question. I'd like McNabb's jam in the lineup but not the prospects of a 3k mile flight to get there. I also like the aspect of Sulzer's first game being against his former team and the idea of him being motivated by that.

How 'bout Regehr just come back healthy tomorrow night?

GO SABRES!!!

Just thinking of this. LR said they'd see today if it swells up or not.

Curious, do you play Sulzer or call up McNabb?

It's a helluva long plane ride for a call up. I go with Sulzer.. Hell, I just want to see him play... He's the forgotten man in this trade...

Helluva question. I'd like McNabb's jam in the lineup but not the prospects of a 3k mile flight to get there. I also like the aspect of Sulzer's first game being against his former team and the idea of him being motivated by that.

How 'bout Regehr just come back healthy tomorrow night?

GO SABRES!!!

Problem is everyone in Vancouver knows what Sulzer's weaknesses and tendencies are and we don't yet, including whoever his partner would be.

Problem is everyone in Vancouver knows what Sulzer's weaknesses and tendencies are and we don't yet, including whoever his partner would be.

That's a good point. Maybe McNabb is the answer then. He brings more of what we lose with Regehr out. Sure it's a long plain ride but east to west is always easier and we'll need him anyway if Regehr is out for any length of time. McNabb it is then.

Regarding tendencies, any chance Lindy and the boys can take advantage of MAGs?

GO SABRES!!!

My head hurts from trying to decipher this post.

Really? Made sense on the first read: Kassian has given the Canucks intelligence on what Sabres are hurting and in what body parts, and Hodgson vice-versa.

Really? Made sense on the first read: Kassian has given the Canucks intelligence on what Sabres are hurting and in what body parts, and Hodgson vice-versa.

ahh, my brain is not working well then I guess.

That's a good point. Maybe McNabb is the answer then. He brings more of what we lose with Regehr out. Sure it's a long plain ride but east to west is always easier and we'll need him anyway if Regehr is out for any length of time. McNabb it is then.

Regarding tendencies, any chance Lindy and the boys can take advantage of MAGs?

GO SABRES!!!

It will be interesting to see how many odd-man rushes he creates when he puts it right on the tape of a Sabre then heads for the bench to keep his +/- rating high.

It will be interesting to see how many odd-man rushes he creates when he puts it right on the tape of a Sabre then heads for the bench to keep his +/- rating high.

Haha. But in MAGs' favor, the odds of him giving the puck to a Sabre that can actually DO something with it are are low.

GO SABRES!!!

Haha. But in MAGs' favor, the odds of him giving the puck to a Sabre that can actually DO something with it are are low.

GO SABRES!!!

ZING!! Great game last night, I think you play Sulzer against the former team to get the revenge, its going to be a good game.

Archived