Kassian to Vancouver for Hodgson

shrader

Stafford does play about 5 more minutes a game than Kassian.

Torts has said pretty consistently that Kassian will get more ice time when he deserves it. Vigneault said the same last year.

I think it's night and day when comparing Hodgson and Kassian.

For one, Kassian is playing with immensely gifted offensive players in Vancouver from time to time.

Only from time to time. He rarely plays with the Sedins or Kesler and the Canucks' third and fourth lines look like the Sabres'.

Yea but did you see danny paille before his injury in december

I don't know why Scotty ever let JF Sauve go.

Only from time to time. He rarely plays with the Sedins or Kesler and the Canucks' third and fourth lines look like the Sabres'.

This is my favorite line of thinking that always comes up no matter who the ex player is.

Kassian has spent more time playing with Tom Sestito than anyone named Sedin. Meanwhile....on the homefront, didn't we have a guy named Vanek that was attached to Hodgson's hip most of his time here?

That's what's exciting....he's put up 2 highlight reel goals the past few weeks and they just started giving him some decent minutes with better players. If the lightbulb is on for real, it is go time. He has gotten hot in the past before, but from everything I see and read, the Canucks players love him and Torts is coming to accept he is a bit of a goofball, but has him focusing on certain things. That's the only question I have...how long does it take for him to "not think" and be able to multitask. That will be the difference of him either being a 10-20 goal a year guy, or a real star.

I'd trade Moulson for Kassian straight up.

Vancouver needs to match scoring with Chicago if they make the playoffs. Kassian in Buffalo would have a chance to get real minutes.

Interesting. My initial reaction is that Kassian would be a pretty high price for Vancouver to pay, but perhaps not, since Moulson will likely be in high demand.

I'm on board.

Interesting. My initial reaction is that Kassian would be a pretty high price for Vancouver to pay, but perhaps not, since Moulson will likely be in high demand.

I'm on board.

I'm sure the Canuck would listen to talks about Moulson but they acquires Kass with the implicit direction they needed more toughness for the postseason. If we want Kassian and I'm not sure we would the Nuck would want toughness in return. Maybe Ott for the short term and Kea for the long term? Just thinking out loud...

Was I hammered when I typed this...sheesh.

Edited by inkman

I'm sure the Canuck would listen to talks about Moulson but they acquires Kass with the implicit direction they needed more toughness for the postseason. If we want Kassian and I'm not sure we would the Nuck would want toughness in return. Maybe Ott for the short term and Kea for the long term? Just thinking out loud...

Was I hammered when I typed this...sheesh.

Ott will get more than just Kassian in a trade. Why would we throw more in? Obviously the toughness thing didnt work out for them.

Every time I see this thread I just remember the feeling I got when I heard Bob McKenzie say "Zack Kassian has been told he's going to the Vancouver Canucks." I had no idea what was coming back, and I didn't think it was possible that Hodgson was coming and actually didn't hear him mention him before the break because I was freaking out.

I'd trade Moulson for Kassian straight up.

Vancouver needs to match scoring with Chicago if they make the playoffs. Kassian in Buffalo would have a chance to get real minutes.

Plus a pick and I am in. That would be hysterical

Co-signed.

This would be hilarious.