Feel free to bash me...I want the Sabres to miss the playoffs!

LabattBlue

Win or lose?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Sabres win the rest or lose the rest?

• WIN
    • Lose

Hey look, a jinx. I was wondering why they lost tonight. :ph34r:

The "jinx" of lowered expectations.

Pretty much every team in the league can hang their hat on one part of the season. It's about end results and always should be. A mad dash to 8th place is no more of an accomplishment this season than it was last season unless they make it count in the playoffs.

Just like I came up with an acrostic for the Bills, I now have one for the Sabres: Seems A Bit Ruff Every Season.

You came up with that Bills one now? What crazy claim are you going to make next, that you invented the question mark? ;)

Yeah, I wanted to go there, but I figured you wouldn't like being compared to Al Gore. So instead I went with Doctor Evil. And that Bills line is older than a lot of posters around here.

To be honest with you, I haven't seen any of the Austin Powers movies. I've heard about some of the roles in them, but I couldn't tell you anything about the movies from beginning to end.

And, yes, the Bills line goes back all the way to their Super Bowl appearances. But, like I had said a while back, I took the liberty to switch around the last word.

You may now return to our regularly scheduled antidepressant (or is there one?).

The "jinx" of lowered expectations.

Pretty much every team in the league can hang their hat on one part of the season. It's about end results and always should be. A mad dash to 8th place is no more of an accomplishment this season than it was last season unless they make it count in the playoffs.

The fact that a team with this kind of payroll needs to make a "mad dash" for 8th shows you something just isn't quite right.

I don't expect them to win the Northeast just because they spend a fortune, however I certainly expect more than a late run for the 8th seed.

The fact that a team with this kind of payroll needs to make a "mad dash" for 8th shows you something just isn't quite right.

I don't expect them to win the Northeast just because they spend a fortune, however I certainly expect more than a late run for the 8th seed.

If you spend a fortune or not, making the top eight in a 15 team conference shouldn't be as difficult as Status Quo seems to have made it.

Yeah, I wanted to go there, but I figured you wouldn't like being compared to Al Gore. So instead I went with Doctor Evil. And that Bills line is older than a lot of posters around here.

Thank you for posting the bold - how did it go so long without someone pointing that out?

Next it will be "boy I love losing superbowls".

Hey, I invented this new series of jokes - I call them knock knock jokes because they all start with knock knock.

Thank you for posting the bold - how did it go so long without someone pointing that out?

Next it will be "boy I love losing superbowls".

Hey, I invented this new series of jokes - I call them knock knock jokes because they all start with knock knock.

What are your feelings on a loaf of bread that is sold preportioned?

Archived