2. 2. Lucic at Kaleta

• Win Kaleta
    • Win Looch
    • Draw
  3. 3. Thornton at Weber

• Win Weber
    • Win Thornton
    • Draw

Been awhile. I'll add video and choices as I find them. For now we've got Cody vs Thornton.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi17IqZ4OAY

Quick fight. Neither fighter got going. Didn;t really see anything connect. Thornton with the takedown. Edge to Thornton for the rasslin' move but I'm voting draw because there just wan't much of anything that happened.

OK, and here is Kaleta and Looch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DBvBWYFlmM

Holy cow. Kaleta got his lunch handed to him. I didn;t see a single Kaleta punch land and Looch landed many before simply overpowering him. Total domination by Lucic.

Editorial here;

Many props to Kaleta. He did what a bigger and more experienced Gaustad wouldn't do. He just flat out put it on the line and stood up to Lucic. That crap Goose pulled in "The Game After" was a pleas-anything-but-the-face affair by Gaustad. He fought scared. Kaleta just showed everyone what balls are about. Was it the smartest move? Hell no. But it was a helluva lot more inspiring that Goose's go with Lucic. Good job kid. Just don't get yourself killed out there.

And you all caught what happened, right? Kaleta bumps Chara into his goalie and Kaleta answers to TWO Bruins. Lucic's words were true. They answered differently.

Holy cow. The fight's are coming faster than people can post them to youtube. I'll get Weber-Thornton vid when it comes available but the poll choice for it was added.

My thoughts.... Thornton fight was really bordering on cheap. Thornton comes off the bench and makes a beeline for Weber. Doesn't give Weber a chance to square up before firing punches. All Thornton here as he overwhelmed Weber before he even knew what he was in to. Thornton in a landslide.

Oooof. I tlooks worse each time I see it. Thorton TAGGED Weber at the end.

Sabs lost every fight. Proof that it doesn't matter, IMO. (Fighting matters. Winning fights doesn't.)

While true, I have to say that standing up to be counted is a helluva lot easier when you come out on top of those deals every now and again. Extra props tonight because the only guy that had any illusion that he might come out on top of his bout was McCormick, and I'm sure even he knew the betting money was going to go the other way.

While true, I have to say that standing up to be counted is a helluva lot easier when you come out on top of those deals every now and again. Extra props tonight because the only guy that had any illusion that he might come out on top of his bout was McCormick, and I'm sure even he knew the betting money was going to go the other way.

That's why Toronto is on the sked, right?

Actually, I was specifically referring to standing up to Boston.

Oh. Ok. The Sabres don't have too many guys that are going to win fights against Boston. So Toronto is around to make the Sabres feel like they can win a fight once in a while.

All three sabres lost the fights they got into, but it was more inspiring watching them loseand at least try to win than the standard grapple and cringe fights of earlier in the year. Fighting Thornton and Lucic is no laughing matter as those are some heavyweight dudes and all three fights were of the chuck and prey variety over the dont hurt my face... :thumbsup:

Sabs lost every fight. Proof that it doesn't matter, IMO. (Fighting matters. Winning fights doesn't.)

That's exactly it. Being in the fight and responding is more important than who wins more often than not.

The only thing that woulda been more ballsy than those three fighting the guys they did woulda been Gerbe dropping them with Chara. Finally it's the SABRES who get all the energy from the fight and go on to score. Boston looked like a bunch of babies tonight. Big, strong, mean, hurculean babies with snot coming from their ugly snouts.

The Sabres won all three of those fights just by daring to be in them. Major kudos to this team and their anger. It makes a monkey proud, boy!!

Other than Cody, I didn't see a solid hit landed by any fighter on either side in any fight. All draws. As much as the NBC sports crew wanted to say that Lucic landed some "Heavy Blows", it just wasn't true. In fact, while Kalete was trying to land some punches (which he didn't), Lucic was trying to land some forearms (which he didn't). I lost even some more respect for Lucic this game. He's a b!tch.

thornton vs weber was not a fight it was a mugging

spot on.

Many props to Kaleta. He did what a bigger and more experienced Gaustad wouldn't do. He just flat out put it on the line and stood up to Lucic. That crap Goose pulled in "The Game After" was a pleas-anything-but-the-face affair by Gaustad. He fought scared. Kaleta just showed everyone what balls are about. Was it the smartest move? Hell no. But it was a helluva lot more inspiring that Goose's go with Lucic. Good job kid. Just don't get yourself killed out there.

And you all caught what happened, right? Kaleta bumps Chara into his goalie and Kaleta answers to TWO Bruins. Lucic's words were true. They answered differently.

hear, hear. i actually watched the entire game last night (that hasn't happened since i was at the center for a game.) i think that kaleta played the best game of any skater on the team this year.

Its all about showing up.

sage words.

I'll take this in a slightly different direction. That Thornton-McCormick fight is exactly what needs to be eliminated from the game. I'm so sick of the hour long choreography that leads into crap like that. The second any players drop the gloves and then size each other up like that for 20 minutes, the linesmen should be all over them and they should immediately be out of the game.

And Thornton should be expecting a call from Shanny any second now.

I'll take this in a slightly different direction. That Thornton-McCormick fight is exactly what needs to be eliminated from the game. I'm so sick of the hour long choreography that leads into crap like that. The second any players drop the gloves and then size each other up like that for 20 minutes, the linesmen should be all over them and they should immediately be out of the game.

And Thornton should be expecting a call from Shanny any second now.

watch something else then

Other than Cody, I didn't see a solid hit landed by any fighter on either side in any fight. All draws. As much as the NBC sports crew wanted to say that Lucic landed some "Heavy Blows", it just wasn't true. In fact, while Kalete was trying to land some punches (which he didn't), Lucic was trying to land some forearms (which he didn't). I lost even some more respect for Lucic this game. He's a b!tch.

Lucic pounded Kaletas face. His nose was bleeding in the box after the fight.

Maybe this is off topic but it would be nice to have a guy you could send after someone like chara in a game like that after a hit like he put on Kaleta, instigator penalty be damned. That dirty prikc needs his clock cleaned.

Just start sticking needles in Myers this offseason. Has the dual benefit of giving him a bunch more strength/muscle, and roid rage so he actually uses it!

Finally got around to watching all of these, as I missed all but the third period last night. Thornton kicking Pom in the back then mugging Weber was just absolutely ridiculous. Weber had no chance. Kaleta's "fight" definitely just looked like a "I'm not going to back down" moment to get everyone fired up, and I think it definitely worked to his advantage.

Archived