2. 2. Lucic at Kaleta

• Win Kaleta
    • Win Looch
    • Draw
  3. 3. Thornton at Weber

• Win Weber
    • Win Thornton
    • Draw

My post isn't about the fights, although I'm glad the guys didn't back down. My post is about the difference Ennis makes in this lineup. That little bastard makes everyone around him better. Having him at center is huge, too. He's creative, quick, and is a great passer. The power play where Pommer was robbed twice was mostly due to Ennis' creativeness. Losing him might have been the biggest injury the Sabres had this year.

My post isn't about the fights, although I'm glad the guys didn't back down. My post is about the difference Ennis makes in this lineup. That little bastard makes everyone around him better. Having him at center is huge, too. He's creative, quick, and is a great passer. The power play where Pommer was robbed twice was mostly due to Ennis' creativeness. Losing him might have been the biggest injury the Sabres had this year.

He's been great at center, and last night he was instrumental. Not only in his patented rushes into the offensive zone, but he was great at carrying the puck out of our end as well (albeit a little lucky on a couple of occations). That was huge, because that is where the Sabres really took the Bruins of their game. They pretty much nullified the Bruins forecheck and as a result basically had their way with them.

If only Tyler Myers would get "mad" out there. He is so big and may not win the fights either, but get angry son. Get angry.

Sabres showed up and that is what matters. Lucic won the fight but maybe one punch connected, the other were all visor shots. The Weber tilt was sad beause he didn't get a chance to defend himself. I don't like that.

Lucic should be suspended for his stick to Kaleta's head though. Should, but won't.

Anyone see the direct correlation to the Bruins' subpar play and Tim Thomas' White House snub, religious rants, etc.???

Just start sticking needles in Myers this offseason. Has the dual benefit of giving him a bunch more strength/muscle, and roid rage so he actually uses it!

I think you trade Myers and get something real good for him because the rest of the league holds him in high regard. The kid has no stones and you can't grow em...you have to be born with em.

Holy cow. The fight's are coming faster than people can post them to youtube. I'll get Weber-Thornton vid when it comes available but the poll choice for it was added.

My thoughts.... Thornton fight was really bordering on cheap. Thornton comes off the bench and makes a beeline for Weber. Doesn't give Weber a chance to square up before firing punches. All Thornton here as he overwhelmed Weber before he even knew what he was in to. Thornton in a landslide.

Oooof. I tlooks worse each time I see it. Thorton TAGGED Weber at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb256CSxJPA

Thornton deserved to get tons of garbage thrown at him for that cowardly act. I wish the Sabres crowds were more reactive and emotional.

He's hurt right now. And why would you want to break up the defense right now they are playing awesome.

And outside of the addition of Vanek, why would you want any different roster on the ice against the Bruins other than the one that thumped them 6-0? And before someone brings up trades/rebuilding the team for the future, this really was more of a rhetorical question.

Thornton deserved to get tons of garbage thrown at him for that cowardly act. I wish the Sabres crowds were more reactive and emotional.

The vast majority of any crowd is not going to see what happened there.

And outside of the addition of Vanek, why would you want any different roster on the ice against the Bruins other than the one that thumped them 6-0? And before someone brings up trades/rebuilding the team for the future, this really was more of a rhetorical question.

The vast majority of any crowd is not going to see what happened there.

I was just thinking the same thing. Weber should have been more ready.

Archived