Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Barclays Center. Went to a show last night there. Fantastic venue. Despite the fact that we were incredibly late due to nearly five hours in delays from Amtrak.

Great venue for concerts and basketball... but it has about 2000 obstructed view seats for hockey and is just not a good fit for the sport at current (e.g. rink has to be off-center putting the scoreboard over one of the bluelines).

I may have to move back into Erie County.

SolarCity sounds like one of those typical pipe dream ideas like Bass Pro. And then I remember that the Elon Musk owned SpaceX now flies its own commercial shuttles to the International Space Station for NASA because NASA is like "eh, you're doing a pretty good job at this whole spaceship thing."

Awesome.

Ok, I'll ask. Is that Mr. ET?

Yep, Mr. ET. I pity the fool who steals my Reece's Pieces!

Here is an odd little factoid... Tim Hortons (recently purchased by Burger King Worldwide Inc.) has significant market share in 3 countries. Canada, of course. The United States, of course. And....

...the United Arab Emirates. Weird!

two awesomeses:

1. tie dyeing. i know i've said this before, but it's *so* much fun. it's creative, it's expressive, my whole family gets in on it, and we all have a blast making stuff we can wear. and SELL! holy crap, my kids are dang near as good as i am. and it's going to pay for their college education! well, at least some of it, if not all of it. they even want to help at the fairs we do. fun times.

2. game center live. all y'all who live in WNY are blessed beyond belief to have all that great coverage, but those of us ex-pats who don't even *have* a hockey market are grateful as hell to have something like this available so we can keep up on all the games. i know it has its kinks to be worked out, but i can live with those. what i can't live without is watching my team. and thankfully, my wife abides these little quirks of mine. she grew up in small-town utah, so hockey is not an innate interest. it's not even much of an acquired interest, at this point, but it's becoming more and more of one. all in good time.

Just bought tickets for my first ever pillaging in raleigh on 10/14. It's been too long since I've been to an nhl game (Miller-Lucic) incident.

i'll be there as well. I'm thinking about picking up tix to the Canes opener against the Isles for the very rare occasion where I'll be rooting for the Canes to kick off the Isles tank in grand fashion.

I chanced to weigh myself the other day and I'm under 200lbs for the first time in over a decade. I guess being poor is a good way to get into game shape? Either way, my knees thank me. Bring on goalie season. :ph34r:

congratulations!! isn't it a great feeling?! shedding extra pounds and getting back to some targeted weight? i've been freakin' LOVING it. got one of my bikes tuned up and street worthy last week. took it for a light spin ... just opened up the mapmyride app and took off. came back a couple hours later with some stops in between. went 14 miles without even trying. blew my mind. no, 14 miles isn't very far, but for a first attempt, i was floored.

there's a series of bike trails around here that spans most of 3 counties. it's about 80 miles of trails. my goal is to ride the whole thing in one day next summer.

congratulations!! isn't it a great feeling?! shedding extra pounds and getting back to some targeted weight? i've been freakin' LOVING it. got one of my bikes tuned up and street worthy last week. took it for a light spin ... just opened up the mapmyride app and took off. came back a couple hours later with some stops in between. went 14 miles without even trying. blew my mind. no, 14 miles isn't very far, but for a first attempt, i was floored.

there's a series of bike trails around here that spans most of 3 counties. it's about 80 miles of trails. my goal is to ride the whole thing in one day next summer.

Do it! Cycling is my favorite sport next to hockey. I didn't have enough time to ride over the summer and I'm mad about it.

Went to the gym this morning. did some cardio (the stair climber) for 10 minutes, then did 10 pullups, then did chest and tricep exercises. upped my max on the bench, and DAMN did it feel good. Closed out with a 5 minute run. I feel like a boss this morning while everyone flocks to the free donuts for doughnut Friday that work provides B-)