Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Definitely. But I really just want to take shots at the Goos. Efff those guys.

Understood. Their music never should have been played pre-game (or during game, for that matter).

They still did a lot of good stuff for this town, etc., but if your point is to totally break with whatever that pre-game song was, I'll sign on.

Understood. Their music never should have been played pre-game (or during game, for that matter).

They still did a lot of good stuff for this town, etc., but if your point is to totally break with whatever that pre-game song was, I'll sign on.

All I know is that the Goo Goo Dolls are the last band anyone should ever want as the Sound of the Sabres.

All I know is that the Goo Goo Dolls are the last band anyone should ever want as the Sound of the Sabres.

Yeah, if they wanted to go local, it should have been...

Uh oh.

We're down to 10,000 Maniacs or Rick James.

The Street Fighting Man intro still is my favorite.

Yeah, if they wanted to go local, it should have been...

Uh oh.

We're down to 10,000 Maniacs or Rick James.

The Street Fighting Man intro still is my favorite.

I like Street Fighting Man as well.

But to continue the thought, does Buffalo seriously have this little to offer as far as music talent goes?

But to continue the thought, does Buffalo seriously have this little to offer as far as music talent goes?

Talent? Or "get up for the game" stuff?

There's talent. It's a really good city for music. It's actually a great scene. But maybe not for rousing crowd-starter music. I don't know of any local band that's going to put that out.

You want to go old school?....Don Menza chart from the time the team was founded.....the kids would be clueless...but if this doesn't want to make Ott, Kaleta, and Scott drive someone through the boards?.......

There's talent. It WAS a really good city for music. It WAS actually a great scene. But maybe not for rousing crowd-starter music. I don't know of any local band that's going to put that out.

There used be nearly countless bands that could kick out the jams like that, but not really anymore. A lot of the venues that would support bands like that are gone...if not all of them. Venues close because they don't have enough business to cover the bills. People around here are simply not into live music unless they happen upon it incidentally...the city and the "entertainment district" dipsh!ts squandered a chance to capture something really awesome that was happening around the turn of the century that could have made Buffalo an Austin-North/San Fran-East (more San Fran than Austin).

But this is the awesome thread. Here is a picture of an awesome car:

0_70roadrunner1.JPG

Edited by sizzlemeister

As sort of an aside i can't see YouTube videos on my new android phone... strange.

You ever had a droid before this? My last phone was an HTC Evo, I've since moved onto the IOS bandwagon, but i never had any issues viewing youtube videos here on the old phone...

The nice thing about the android software is that there are a ton of forums dealing with pretty much any question you can think of, when in doubt, google it and you should be able to find your answer :thumbsup:

Hows this for awesome ? My wife just told me to face it honey, your team sucks.

my 8 year old daughter said that the other day. tried watching the game on saturday, and she got all whiny and uppity. "dad, they're not even worth watching. they SUCK! can't we watch hannah montana?!"

sadly, she and her sister won out.

GF scoring four tix to Bela Fleck with BPO on Saturday for us, my college roommate (and closest friend), and his wife. She's never met them, and this is going to be a fun, fun night. I picture everyone in formal dress, eating a fine meal at a four-star restaurant, having a whisky during intermission, and retiring to a bar for cordials.

In reality: Burgers, beer and whisky, concert, my house for more whisky and some sort of board game battle or immature daring contests. And that will be better.

A bf that is taking me out for a fancy anniversary dinner after the Sabres game on Saturday followed by a lovely overnight stay at a classy downtown hotel. Who knew he was this good? I wonder what else he's got up his sleeve.

Probably something with nubs.