Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Watching Barrett Jackson auction just now, and Rick Hendrick just dropped a cool Million to own the first 2014 Corvette convertible to eventually role off the line. Back in January he dropped 1.05 Mil to have the first hard top.

Oh and all of that money goes to charity btw. Awesome.

Edited by d4rksabre

Couldn't get the hattie?

Me neither. Scored the game winner on one timer from the point though. Late in the second and we piled it on from there.

I'm a 3rd liner grinder on that team. I'll take my 3 points with ######-eating grin any day of the week....

I'm a 3rd liner grinder on that team. I'll take my 3 points with ######-eating grin any day of the week....

I'm a two way defensemen who lays the body way too much and takes himself out of position. Lindy would have benched me years ago. My goal hit every inch of the goalie and fell across the line. I also spent 4 minutes in the bad box...but we still won!

All my gas-powered stuff (motorcycles and lawnmower) started up last night after letting them sit for a few months, score! I've had to go get fresh gas and drain tanks in the past. And, as follows, first ride on the bike today since January.

Adobe Premiere Elements & Roxio Easy VHS to DVD.

I've got most all of the Bills games from the '90's on tape and am finally converting them to digital format. So, while the Sabres-Habs game is going on in the background, I'm watching Jimbo, Talley, 'Dre, and crew do some damage. Definitely beats watching the 21st century version of the Bills (and the '13 version of the Sabres as well).

I'm in Chicago for a conference, so there's two things that are awesome here. First, I love vacationing in big cities. I don't know if I'd ever want to live in a city center permanently, but definitely a nice change of pace from the Buffalo 'burbs. Second, not only did I miss tonight's Sabres game, but I will miss the next two! Awesome!

Edited by TrueBluePhD

I'm in Chicago for a conference, so there's two things that are awesome here. First, I love vacationing in big cities. I don't know if I'd ever want to live in a city center permanently, but definitely a nice change of pace from the Buffalo 'burbs. Second, not only did I miss tonight's Sabres game, but I will miss the next two! Awesome!

I would congratulate you, however you made your Sabre Coat of Immunity a while ago, and missing two more games is less costly to you than it is to someone without such a highly effective coat.

Adobe Premiere Elements & Roxio Easy VHS to DVD.

I've got most all of the Bills games from the '90's on tape and am finally converting them to digital format. So, while the Sabres-Habs game is going on in the background, I'm watching Jimbo, Talley, 'Dre, and crew do some damage. Definitely beats watching the 21st century version of the Bills (and the '13 version of the Sabres as well).

That team was amazing. What an offense. If they'd had one or 2 more good defenders...

Part of the new "You can bag" campaign.

Very nice.

Separately: I got some encouraging medical advice on the sore foot earlier this week and was able to go for my first run in a month last night after work down the greenway on the waterfront. I ran after work, then picked up my son after his baseball game, we stopped at a great Italian food store on the way home and I had an A-plus Italian hero for dinner, with mozzarella and tomato on the side and cannolis for the kids for dessert.

Sometimes the little things in life are awesome.

I was watching last nights "Anger Management" episode with Miller's wife.... in that episode she broke up with her boyfriend "Ryan"

I laughed... those writers have humor :D In that episode "Ryan" was married and had a son "Tyler" :D

Edited by Peppy22

That team was amazing. What an offense. If they'd had one or 2 more good defenders...

Very nice.

Separately: I got some encouraging medical advice on the sore foot earlier this week and was able to go for my first run in a month last night after work down the greenway on the waterfront. I ran after work, then picked up my son after his baseball game, we stopped at a great Italian food store on the way home and I had an A-plus Italian hero for dinner, with mozzarella and tomato on the side and cannolis for the kids for dessert.

Sometimes the little things in life are awesome.

D*mn shame that Burroughs had the congenital neck/spine defect. He and Odomes would have them set a corner for years and instead of trying to draft a 2nd corner so often, they could have gotten a properly sized NT or a LE that could actually play football. Man, that would have had a D as good as the O. Oh, what could have been. Even with the D they had, had B. Smith been healthy in '91 (instead of going at ~70% the few times he was in) and L. Smith not missed the SB, they could have gone undefeated that year. They only had 2 legit losses that year - in KC with only 3 healthy D-linemen against a power running team playing at home and the Superbowl.

The closest thing to a weak link they had on O was Beebe and even when Thurman was resting, they could put a guy that could have started on at least 10 if not 20 teams in Davis. They had the best special teams in the league consistently during the whole SB run. And the D had the best LB corp this side of the Jints and B. Smith and Odomes. What a fun team that was to watch.

D*mn shame that Burroughs had the congenital neck/spine defect. He and Odomes would have them set a corner for years and instead of trying to draft a 2nd corner so often, they could have gotten a properly sized NT or a LE that could actually play football. Man, that would have had a D as good as the O. Oh, what could have been. Even with the D they had, had B. Smith been healthy in '91 (instead of going at ~70% the few times he was in) and L. Smith not missed the SB, they could have gone undefeated that year. They only had 2 legit losses that year - in KC with only 3 healthy D-linemen against a power running team playing at home and the Superbowl.

The closest thing to a weak link they had on O was Beebe and even when Thurman was resting, they could put a guy that could have started on at least 10 if not 20 teams in Davis. They had the best special teams in the league consistently during the whole SB run. And the D had the best LB corp this side of the Jints and B. Smith and Odomes. What a fun team that was to watch.

Whenever I see the name Derrick Burroughs I think of how the Bills picked him at 14 in round 1, two spots ahead of Jerry Rice. The Bills then picked Andre Reed in the 4th round. Of course they also picked Bruce #1 overall that year too. Can you imagine what might have been getting Smith, Rice and Reed in the same draft?

Whenever I see the name Derrick Burroughs I think of how the Bills picked him at 14 in round 1, two spots ahead of Jerry Rice. The Bills then picked Andre Reed in the 4th round. Of course they also picked Bruce #1 overall that year too. Can you imagine what might have been getting Smith, Rice and Reed in the same draft?

I guess the Bills wouldn't have picked up Lofton. ;)