Jeff Carter

thewookie1

Why does no one People mention him for the Sabres.? If we rid ourselves of Roy, Stafford and other deadweight we could take his cap hit.

fixed that for you.

setting aside whether columbus wants our under-achievers and malcontents (and whether we'd want a player that philadelphia apparently perceived as insufficiently mature), people around here routinely talk about carter as a fit for what we need. two examples:

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/20874-how-about-roy-to-minnesota/page__p__351446?do=findComment&comment=351446

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/20771-what-would-you-do-if-you-were-in-charge/page__st__160__p__345904?do=findComment&comment=345904

Isn't the prevailing wisdom on Carter that he would be just as discontent in Buffalo (with the current roster incarnation) as he is in Columbus? From what I remember, he may/may not have asked to be moved a few months ago. Not sure what would make him want to come here. Makes me think of Leino's recent comments about how he was used to a more physical game in Philly and what Carter could/does expect in a trade.

I actually wasn't listening to WGR today :)

On the note of getting a more aggressive team, if we get rid of the deadweight and bring in a new coach and GM. We can coerce Carter to come here on hopes of a more aggressive team maybe.

Just imagine:

Vanek- Carter- Pominville

Shoot me. Carter is Roy 2.0 and FYI this has been discussed a lot. I'm gonna run the numbers on carter an see if he's better but the guys a choke artist and a whiny bitch... He's playing on a line with Nash (or was) And he still sucked... I want his horrendous contract no where's near the sabres

Why does no one mention him for the Sabres? If we rid ourselves of Roy, Stafford and other deadweight we could take his cap hit.

Basically because he is a whining douchebag.

its funny how when the "experts" at WGR bring up a topic, it soon becomes the prevailing wisdom embodied in a new thread here.

I know. Also funny is how when they need a topic they look at message boards for content.

Shoot me. Carter is Roy 2.0 and FYI this has been discussed a lot. I'm gonna run the numbers on carter an see if he's better but the guys a choke artist and a whiny bitch... He's playing on a line with Nash (or was) And he still sucked... I want his horrendous contract no where's near the sabres

To the o p I guess this says it better than me simply calling Carter a whiney douchebag. I will pass forever on him as I want to get rid of crap like him. We got rid Timmaay even though it is hurting short term. Roy is next. And then:

Stafford

Boyes

Hecht

Grags

Ellis

Kaleta

Goose?

Gerbe

I think thats it for this coming off season. I think I can keep everyone else, although in a perfect world Pominiville would be on that list also. And Vanek and Miller could go to for the right package.

;)

Wayne Gretzky. Build a time machine, go back in time, and get Wayne ###### Gretzky.

That's about as probable.

Hey didn't the Sabres take a flyer on his kid brother (Keith?) one time. Must have been hoping for some magic in that old silk hat they found.

Stamkos. We should trade Roy, Stafford and a second for him.

There you go ... baiting LGR again.

Roy V. Carter

Roy:

GPGA - 0.297

PPGA - 0.792

- Playoffs:

GPGA - 0.171

PPGA - 0.610

Carter:

GPGA - 0.389

PPGA - 0.733

- Playoffs:

GPGA - 0.389

PPGA - 0.733

...lawyered

I dunno, his playoff numbers are pretty nice.

Of course that's not hard to do against the biggest playoff underachiever on the team I guess.

Of course that's not hard to do against the biggest playoff underachiever on the team I guess.

actually re read it, I put in the same number twice for carter so I apologize for that. His playoff PPGA is 0.447

Hey didn't the Sabres take a flyer on his kid brother (Keith?) one time. Must have been hoping for some magic in that old silk hat they found.

Gretzky

Primeau

Turgeon

Foligno

The only little brother we've gotten right to date was Pierre Turgeon and even that didn't work out as hoped. Markus Foligno better work for us.

Gretzky

Primeau

Turgeon

Foligno

The only little brother we've gotten right to date was Pierre Turgeon and even that didn't work out as hoped. Markus Foligno better work for us.

But remember what / who he was turned into. So, it could be looked at as that little brother did turn out better than hoped.

At a rate of .3 goals per game he would have 1 goal in the first series before our playoffs are over.

Barring a huge trade this team is being structured to win sooner than a total rebuild as some suggest. Trading our NHL players for picks seems unlikely unless we will be flipping those picks. Thus, the rumor that DR wants player for player.

Remember, TP said there was a 3 year plan. Acquiring picks for players who are unlikely to produce in that timeframe does not seem like the likely scenario.

Archived