Jeff Carter

thewookie1

Gretzky

Primeau

Turgeon

Foligno

The only little brother we've gotten right to date was Pierre Turgeon and even that didn't work out as hoped. Markus Foligno better work for us.

31st on the all time scoring list. If given the chance to draft someone like that now, we'd be all over it.

31st on the all time scoring list. If given the chance to draft someone like that now, we'd be all over it.

He sure didn't turn out like Shanahan though. Just think, if we'd have drafted Shanny instead of Sneaky Pete we might be getting the benefit of the doubt for questionable hits that Boston gets.

Oh, and we'd have another HOF'er in our teams' legacy.

He sure didn't turn out like Shanahan though. Just think, if we'd have drafted Shanny instead of Sneaky Pete we might be getting the benefit of the doubt for questionable hits that Boston gets.

Oh, and we'd have another HOF'er in our teams' legacy.

But we would have had one less HOF'er because of what the Nova Scotian suggested.

And Shanny has nothing to do with Boston's double standard (which actually appears to be going away). That's all about the NHL's Chairman of the Board. It's a great post though and you got a good laugh out of me.

You forgot Orpik.

Brooks had 1 full NHL season under his belt at that point and Andrew was a throwaway 7th rounder on a local kid. That's hardly a "well, his brother's good" kind of pick.

I bet if we really dug through we'd find a couple other cases of a Sabres draft pick having an NHL brother.

Brooks had 1 full NHL season under his belt at that point and Andrew was a throwaway 7th rounder on a local kid. That's hardly a "well, his brother's good" kind of pick.

I bet if we really dug through we'd find a couple other cases of a Sabres draft pick having an NHL brother.

I did an exhaustive post a while back on our failed attempts at drafting bloodlines, but I couldn't find it with the search tool. Found my "what is Darcy doing right now?" thread though!

I did an exhaustive post a while back on our failed attempts at drafting bloodlines, but I couldn't find it with the search tool. Found my "what is Darcy doing right now?" thread though!

Outside of Gretzky, the whole thing seems completely coincidental to me, except maybe Foligno. And that one has nothing to do with his brother, even though that was mentioned by Weave.

Oh, and if you want to mention drafted brothers, you can add in Mike Pandolfo. Then for bloodlines there's Dylan Hunter and Ryan Miller.

Archived