What are you eating (or drinking)?

Weave

I got a friend of mine some bleu cheese flavored lollipops for her birthday. lolllyphile.com Pretty freaky stuff. Don't miss the breast milk (-flavored; there's none in them) 'pops.

I rotate in JellyBelly every few years for little gifts. The bamboozled jelly beans are the best. You could be eating peach, or vomit. It's the real deal......fun drinking game with all the whacked flavors.

Too many Christmas cookies. Too. Many.

I'm sorry :(

For dinner it looks like it will be Peppercorn Seared Deep-Water Ahi steak with heart of palm-potato au gratin. I think I will start it off with a sashimi salad, some fresh oysters and a local brew!

You sir, are living the dream.

was at the crossroads, a few farmers sausage, a couple nice slices of roast beef, sour ######. horseradish, a few big spoons of stuffing, some white turkey meat, a nice big helping of mashed potatoes, a few pieces of marble rye bread, slathered with garlic spread, grabbed some baby corn, pickles. a few nice big chicken legs. Went back and got some apple pan dowdy with heated caramel sauce, few scoops of ice, cream , some darda, pieces of rhubarb pie, mud pie, a few brownie squares, .... and case of beer... as evening was so stressful

was at the crossroads, a few farmers sausage, a couple nice slices of roast beef, sour ######. horseradish, a few big spoons of stuffing, some white turkey meat, a nice big helping of mashed potatoes, a few pieces of marble rye bread, slathered with garlic spread, grabbed some baby corn, pickles. a few nice big chicken legs. Went back and got some apple pan dowdy with heated caramel sauce, few scoops of ice, cream , some darda, pieces of rhubarb pie, mud pie, a few brownie squares, .... and case of beer... as evening was so stressful

You really should tell her to shower.

Two things, lately. Bought some Bulleit Bourbon (they were out of rye), makes a nice Rusty Nail (I'm trying to use up some year-old Drambuie). Also bought a bottle of Sage. It smells more "sagey" than it tastes, I get more of an Anise taste when drinking it.

Had lunch here yesterday..who knew falafel was so big in Paris...yummy at at only 6 euro cheap bye the standards here.

http://www.lebestofp.../las-du-falafel

OH MY GOD that's my favorite spot in Paris. I ate there every time I was around the Marais if I could.

There was a man with a large white moustache who worked there who would always try to sing "Pretty Woman" in terrible english/french to me and blow me a kiss as he gave me my falafel.

Never had a better falafel in my life.

Vegan Jambalaya, not bad. The main problem is I really needed to use a larger pot, the 4-qt was really full by the end. The meat dish was pork tacos in the slow cooker. Cool recipe, take some peppers (jalapeno, poblano, and habanero), blend them up with onion and oil. Cook the sauce for awhile, add broth, then dump that over 4 lbs of pork shoulder in the slow cooker for 5 hours. Mmmmm.

Vegan Jambalaya, not bad. The main problem is I really needed to use a larger pot, the 4-qt was really full by the end. The meat dish was pork tacos in the slow cooker. Cool recipe, take some peppers (jalapeno, poblano, and habanero), blend them up with onion and oil. Cook the sauce for awhile, add broth, then dump that over 4 lbs of pork shoulder in the slow cooker for 5 hours. Mmmmm.

Interesting. The main flavor of jambalaya usually comes from the sausage. I assume creole seasoning replaced the andouille?

Interesting. The main flavor of jambalaya usually comes from the sausage. I assume creole seasoning replaced the andouille?

To be honest, I thought it came out more like paella than jambalaya. Thinking about the recipes, they're actually similar, which wikipedia confims: "It is also a close cousin to the saffron colored paella found in Spanish cuisine.". There was a bunch of spices that approximated the andouille (thyme, marjoram, garlic, etc.), but not as strong as what seeps out of the sausage.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Eleven... I made some homemade lo mein for lunch. Actually, these were "Chinese noodles," quite a bit thinner than lo mein noodles. I heated up an ample amount of sesame oil, but not too hot. I suspect the smoke point is pretty low for it. I tossed in some red pepper flakes and got them infusing and then remembered you cinnamon suggestion. I have no idea what "pure" cinnamon is. All I have is the low-rent smack in the plastic container. So I sprinkled a light amount into the oil. That's what you do, right? Then tossed in the noodles and doused it with some soy sauce. I could taste a hint of the cinnamon. I like it and would add more next time.

Hey Eleven... I made some homemade lo mein for lunch. Actually, these were "Chinese noodles," quite a bit thinner than lo mein noodles. I heated up an ample amount of sesame oil, but not too hot. I suspect the smoke point is pretty low for it. I tossed in some red pepper flakes and got them infusing and then remembered you cinnamon suggestion. I have no idea what "pure" cinnamon is. All I have is the low-rent smack in the plastic container. So I sprinkled a light amount into the oil. That's what you do, right? Then tossed in the noodles and doused it with some soy sauce. I could taste a hint of the cinnamon. I like it and would add more next time.

Yeah, the low-rent smack in the plastic container. I meant as opposed to cinnamon sugar.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.