What are you eating (or drinking)?

Weave

Been using my kitchen a lot more as of late with my mom in town for a vist:

Yesterday: shredded beef sandwiches and lemon bars

Today: peach cobbler (breakfast), mustard chicken, and toasted marshmallow ice cream with homemade graham crackers

Tomorrow: Thai grilled beef salad with lime, and mango frozen yogurt

Sure beats cereal and spaghetti (my usual lazy weeknight foods).

Been using my kitchen a lot more as of late with my mom in town for a vist:

Yesterday: shredded beef sandwiches and lemon bars

Today: peach cobbler (breakfast), mustard chicken, and toasted marshmallow ice cream with homemade graham crackers

Tomorrow: Thai grilled beef salad with lime, and mango frozen yogurt

Sure beats cereal and spaghetti (my usual lazy weeknight foods).

peach cobbler.

for breakfast.

*blink*

where were you 14 years ago ...?

aw, heck ... you were probably still in middle school. :)

peach cobbler.

for breakfast.

*blink*

where were you 14 years ago ...?

aw, heck ... you were probably still in middle school. :)

lol I can't take all the credit for the recipe -- it's a variation on this:

http://chocolatecove...breakfast-bake/

And I was a freshman in college 14 years ago. ;) :(

Edited by biodork

Went to cook up a few pieces of salmon on the grill tonight and realized I had nothing for a side dish. Grabbed a couple apples, chopped em up and put em on the grill for 5 minutes or so.

They came out awesome, it's like Fall in my mouth!

Grilled apples are kickass. Have you had grilled watermelon? Try it...

Seriously. A little sea salt, for half an hour or so, to draw some of the water out. Then a nice brush with some olive oil (I would prefer NOT virgin, for two reasons: (1) it's going to be too strong, and (2) virgins never know what they're doing, anyway). And onto a med-hot grill for about 5 minutes, flipping in the middle.

Eating? Not much. Drinking? Nothing alcoholic right now.

I started Phase I of the South Beach Diet a week and a half ago. Down 11 lb. so far. Would like to lose 40-45 more. Phase I is like a two-week food boot camp. It's tough the first week, you settle in the second week, and after that, the diet isn't as strict, making it easier to follow over the long term. A lot of lean meat, a lot of green veggies. More spinach than I've eaten in years. I like the food, and I'm getting used to the smaller quantities. Definitely worth it to get my weight down.

(I did SBD back in 2005 and lost 70 lb. in 6 months.)

Heheh. Would you like to see the Before pics? They're not pretty.

Edited by Doohickie

Southern Tier Harvest IPA, slow roasted pork, home grown cherry tomatoes, basil and mozzarella. Easy eats.

Southern Tier actually calls it an ESB but I don't think this beer fits that style at all, I'm not exactly sure what style category it fits in with best. Probably american amber ale. Either way, it's a damn fine beer is it not?

Southern Tier actually calls it an ESB but I don't think this beer fits that style at all, I'm not exactly sure what style category it fits in with best. Probably american amber ale. Either way, it's a damn fine beer is it not?

More hoppy. "Special Ale" is what they call it. My favorite is Hop Stoooopid.

More hoppy. "Special Ale" is what they call it. My favorite is Hop Stoooopid.

They have it listed as an Extra Special Bitter on their website, and you can see from some of the comments that it just doesn't fit that style category. There aren't enough IBU's for it to be an IPA either I don't think. I'll just call it damn good beer.

http://www.stbcbeer.com/stbc/harvest-beer-page/

Lagunitas makes some nice beers. If you enjoy Hop Stoopid you will be floored by Pliny The Elder from Russian River, Vinny Cilurzo basically invented the double IPA style with this beer. It's not available on the east coast, but if you ever find yourself out west definitely seek some out. It's been voted best beer in America I think five years in a row now in the Zymurgy readers poll.

Last night ...

Stuffed red peppers.

Sweet red bell peppers from a local farm, cut in half. Stuffed with a mixture of red lentils, basmati rice, stellini (small stars) pasta, yellow beans from same local farm, onions and tomatoes from our garden, olive oil and a small amount of homemade spicy sicilian style marina for some zippy flavour. Topped with a red hot chili pepper from our garden for a lot of zippy flavour.

Baked for 45 minutes at 375 so that the peppers are tender and all the flavours mix nicely.

EDIT: The suffing mixture (lentils, rice, stelli pasta, onions, and beans) is cooked on the stove top on medium heat, once brought to a boil, for about 15 minutes, while the other ingrediants are prepared.

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

Last night ...

Stuffed red peppers.

Sweet red bell peppers from a local farm, cut in half. Stuffed with a mixture of red lentils, basmati rice, stellini (small stars) pasta, yellow beans from same local farm, onions and tomatoes from our garden, olive oil and a small amount of homemade spicy sicilian style marina for some zippy flavour. Topped with a red hot chili pepper from our garden for a lot of zipply flavour.

Baked for 45 minutes at 375 so that the peppers are tender and all the flavours mix nicely.

you always post some the most amazing food ideas haha! I'm going to have to try this recipe out this weekend when I have some extra prep time (I'm getting out of work too late on weeknights lately, and it's an hour commute).

you always post some the most amazing food ideas haha! I'm going to have to try this recipe out this weekend when I have some extra prep time (I'm getting out of work too late on weeknights lately, and it's an hour commute).

Thanks.

The total prep time is about 20 minutes. So, in about an hour one will be shoveling into ones gullet.

Paella Night 3: Valencia Drift. (previous: 2 Fast 2 Furiously Delicious). What's odd is I don't really like the movies.

I bought a paella pan a couple years ago and it turns out I really enjoy making it. Plus, it's an excuse to have a few beers and grill for a few hours. And it's delicious. Chicken, shrimp, scallops, and maybe mussels.

post-1315-0-16544400-1348237818_thumb.jpg

Paella Night 3: Valencia Drift. (previous: 2 Fast 2 Furiously Delicious). What's odd is I don't really like the movies.

I bought a paella pan a couple years ago and it turns out I really enjoy making it. Plus, it's an excuse to have a few beers and grill for a few hours. And it's delicious. Chicken, shrimp, scallops, and maybe mussels.

Outstanding. I love a good paella.

Last night ...

Ćevapi or ćevapčići (formal name). Courtesy of our Bosnian friends. Absolutely delicious.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C4%86evapi

Very popular in many countries of Southern Europe and a National Dish in Bosnia.

=====

LPF,

From a private conversation we had some time ago and considering your heritage, perhaps you are familiar with it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.