Stafford needs to go

Eleven

He was absolutely terrible last year, but even his biggest haters have to admit he is a better player than that.

Wouldn't be shocked if he bounces back with 20 to 25 goals next year.

And my left-field prediction: he develops some chemistry and (cue the choking noises) a mentorship role with Grigorenko.

Stafford isn't due for another good season until 2014-15, that is when he'll be in another contract year.

Not one GM in the league would have done that.

Bull. Plenty of guys have been traded outta the blue.

You now what i don't get? How come stafford (6'2 225) doesn't throw his weight around? I mean not just with hitting, but he's not very bruiser like either. Same with Vanek. If you got size, use it.

Bull. Plenty of guys have been traded outta the blue.

You now what i don't get? How come stafford (6'2 225) doesn't throw his weight around? I mean not just with hitting, but he's not very bruiser like either. Same with Vanek. If you got size, use it.

I was reading the great book about roller hockey "Wheelers, Dealers, Pucks and Bucks." They were writing about the 1994 champion Buffalo Stampede and their character. They said that the Stampede wasn't built on finesse and great goaltending but on brawn and bad behavior.

Over the years I think Darcy has got these types of flawed skill players like Stafford who stay on the perimeter and don't like to mix it up.

Darcy doesn't get it...he is an elitist. I don't think after 17 years he understands that blue collar character that Buffalo fans can get behind.

The most frustrating thing about Stafford is that when he does decide to put his nose to the grindstone, he's a fricken bull on the ice. Speed, power, strong on his skates, determined, etc. Heck, he even answered the bell in defense of Drury when he engaged Neal. But that's the problem, it's his choice to not engage as well. That's unforgiveable in my book. And I'm not sure if it's simply a question of maturity at this point. It's just his nature. Much harder to change that than anything.

GO SABRES!!!

The most frustrating thing about Stafford is that when he does decide to put his nose to the grindstone, he's a fricken bull on the ice. Speed, power, strong on his skates, determined, etc. Heck, he even answered the bell in defense of Drury when he engaged Neal. But that's the problem, it's his choice to not engage as well. That's unforgiveable in my book. And I'm not sure if it's simply a question of maturity at this point. It's just his nature. Much harder to change that than anything.

GO SABRES!!!

Lazy.

I was reading the great book about roller hockey "Wheelers, Dealers, Pucks and Bucks." They were writing about the 1994 champion Buffalo Stampede and their character. They said that the Stampede wasn't built on finesse and great goaltending but on brawn and bad behavior.

Over the years I think Darcy has got these types of flawed skill players like Stafford who stay on the perimeter and don't like to mix it up.

Darcy doesn't get it...he is an elitist. I don't think after 17 years he understands that blue collar character that Buffalo fans can get behind.

I felt that the 1999 Cup Finals team was a blue collar team. Darcy was there. He saw what they were capable of, and how much the area got behind that team.

I felt that the 1999 Cup Finals team was a blue collar team. Darcy was there. He saw what they were capable of, and how much the area got behind that team.

Good point.

I like Darcy Regier, honestly. The man can draft and we are always in contention. He knows how to trade, too. My problem was with Ruff. So glad he's gone.

Ihave faith in Rolston. In his little stint last year, you can tell the difference. And i like how hes not afraid to overturn the whole lineup. Let's give Rolston a chance. He should hire his brother as an assistant. Loved him as a player.

Lazy.

Stafford or my post?

I thought that post by K-9 had some effort in it. :)

And then I read this.

Great minds, nobody. Great minds.

GO SABRES!!!

Good point.

I like Darcy Regier, honestly. The man can draft and we are always in contention. He knows how to trade, too. My problem was with Ruff. So glad he's gone.

Ihave faith in Rolston. In his little stint last year, you can tell the difference. And i like how hes not afraid to overturn the whole lineup. Let's give Rolston a chance. He should hire his brother as an assistant. Loved him as a player.

There's contention for the cup and then there's contention to make the playoffs. And while getting into the tournament means anything can happen, odds are it's gonna be one of those "cup" contending teams that gets there. DR, whom I don't detest like others here, just hasn't been able to assemble AND KEEP, a cup contending team, regardless of his prowess as a drafter and trader. If Lindy really was the problem, we'll find out soon enough. But in my book, Lindy did more with less than anything else.

GO SABRES!!!

He's not 6'2" 225 lbs

Vanek is a soft Euro, just like all your ###### buds Pommer and Roy

Edited by inkman

He's not 6'2" 225 lbs

Vanek is a soft Euro, just like all your ###### buds Pommer and Roy

The're both 6'2. Vanek is like 205, if stafford aint 225, hes at least 215.

They your butt buddies you got nicknames for them.

You're awfully obsessed with homosexuality. Are you sure you have the right forum?

You're awfully obsessed with homosexuality. Are you sure you have the right forum?

I think I know where he's been looking for

http://www.englishcl...forum.php?f=199

or there's the more simple route

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/texas-instruments-speak-and-spell

Edited by WildCard

Right. And you said:

"I don't think after 17 years he understands that blue collar character that Buffalo fans can get behind."

So, what is your point?

The point is, 14 years ago is ancient history and 1999's blue collar team was mainly built by Muckler.

1999 Cup Finals team begins and ends with Hasek. Without Hasek that team is drafting #1 overall every year.