Stafford needs to go

Eleven

Roy, Stafford and Ennis highlighted as sucking right now. They need to get their act together, quickly or be shown the door.

I wouldn't put Ennis in there. Though since Roy's "suck" is contagious, he'll probably be infected and sucking soon too.

I agree. Other than the OT goal play, Stafford does seem to not be loafing. But I don't think he's working as hard as he should be for loose pucks either.

And I wonder how much of Stafford's funk this season has to do with Derek Roy being here? IYR Staffords goal streaks last season came with Roy on the shelf.

Everyone's goal streaks last season came with Roy on the shelf. Funny thing, that.

Get rid of Stafford, and while they're at it, get rid of his buddy, Derek Roy, too.

DerekRoy.jpg

Derek-Roy-Funny.jpg

Ah, the return of the Sausage-Grabbing Mary's. I was wondering how long it would take before this photo resurfaced.

And I wonder how much of Stafford's funk this season has to do with Derek Roy being here? IYR Staffords goal streaks last season came with Roy on the shelf.

This. Stafford and Ennis are exactly the type of weakminded/young and impressionable player that is dragged down into mediocrity by the Dark SGM Lord. As far as that goes, it's critical to keep him away from Adam and Kassian.

Feather hat: http://1.bp.blogspot...staffy+cfc3.jpg

As Jesus: http://www.thegooses...susstafford.jpg

With the Furries: http://3.bp.blogspot...the+furries.jpg

The Lady Gaga Wig, (whose play inspires the team to play like "little monsters"): http://hfboards.com/...d.php?t=1011173

Fu Man Drew's workout: http://ca.sports.yah...urn=nhl-wp13166

You know the Gaga wig one is fake, right?

Got a little misty seeing BillsRCursed's pic of Barnaby, Ray and May. Man, that's when we had grit, and Ted Nolan knew how to turn them loose. Oh well, that's a long gone era, but on a related note I can't believe the way Kassian is putting on a power forward clinic. He created tons of scoring chances last night.

I know Boyes is the popular choice to supplant Stafford's hibernation school of hockey, but Kassian is the player that I feel calls Staff out with his play night after night since his call up.

Got a little misty seeing BillsRCursed's pic of Barnaby, Ray and May. Man, that's when we had grit, and Ted Nolan knew how to turn them loose. Oh well, that's a long gone era, but on a related note I can't believe the way Kassian is putting on a power forward clinic. He created tons of scoring chances last night.

I know Boyes is the popular choice to supplant Stafford's hibernation school of hockey, but Kassian is the player that I feel calls Staff out with his play night after night since his call up.

Kassian makes a lot of the older guys look bad. Another reason to make a trade soon is to clear out some of the veteran "passengers" before they have a chance to influence the young guys who play like they give a crap (i.e. Kassian, McNabb, etc.). Do you really want Roy and Stafford showing these guys the ropes in the NHL? No thanks.

Drew Stafford. My most hated Buffalo Sabre of all time. He received the torch from Dick Smehlik.

There are definitely more hated Sabres than Drew. For example: Miro Satan or Tim Connolly were definitely more hated than Drew is now. Even Roy is more of a whipping boy than Drew. IMO.

There are definitely more hated Sabres than Drew. For example: Miro Satan or Tim Connolly were definitely more hated than Drew is now. Even Roy is more of a whipping boy than Drew. IMO.

Agreed.

Although right now, in order of dislike, my list goes:

Roy

MAG

Stafford

Ellis (not that he doesn't try, he should just try in the AHL ;) )

Why the hate for Sekera? the man gives a good effort, is willing to actually skate the puck up ice with speed (unlike MAG), and will actually throw a bit of a body check now and then (again unlike MAG). Considering that I will accept his occasional bonehead defensive coverage.

Meh, there's always a fence with guys like Sekera. You either like him or hate him.

I agree with whomever it was that said his progression is steadily on the incline, and I think he's played fairly well all season. My only wish is that he'd play more physical. We know he can, and maybe he's "coached to pick his spots", but I'd like to see more of those spots.

MAG and Stafford are dead to me, and Roy is dying a slow painful death as well. I just don't know if Darcy has enough magic to pull off a trade for any of these guys...

I miss those days.

I do not miss watching the sabres of that era spending 45 outta 60 minutes chasing the other team all over the defensive zone. It was nice knowing that we would fight anyone and throw checks everywhere. But it was boring and frustrating watching a team be called the hardest working team in hockey just cause they spent the whole game chasing the play that was being dictated by the opponent.

I do not miss watching the sabres of that era spending 45 outta 60 minutes chasing the other team all over the defensive zone. It was nice knowing that we would fight anyone and throw checks everywhere. But it was boring and frustrating watching a team be called the hardest working team in hockey just cause they spent the whole game chasing the play that was being dictated by the opponent.

Funny you should mention it, cause that's exactly how I feel right now.

Lindy's 5 guys down low, running around like we're on the PK, and a lot of perimiter play when we finally DO get a cycle going on offense.

The only time I actually feel the Sabres carry the play is on the rush.

I'll take the hardest working team in hockey as opposed to this, any day.

Only goes to show how stale things have become.

Edited by Kristian
  • Like (+1) 2

He also had only played in 15 games at this point last season. Just sayin'. ;)

Lets discuss last year drew stafford:

He scored 31g but he scored 12g in 4 games... so

he scored 19g in 58 games... how consistent is he really?

With is hat tricks he averages out to 0.84ppg = 69pts a season (82gp)

If you subtract the 4 games and the 12pts he averages out to 0.69 = 56pts a season (82gp)

I would bet money that the second number of 56 pts is right on target for drew and will always be right on target with his ceiling being maybe one time reaching 65+ pts maybe... Still think Darcy should have given him a 4mil a year deal? Still think he will magically figure something out?

This season drew having right now puts him at 42pts by seasons end so hes below average by about 1 point every 4 games... and thats the math behind drew

• Like (+1) 1

Drew Stafford. My most hated Buffalo Sabre of all time. He received the torch from Dick Smehlik.

You obviously weren't around when Dave Schultz was a Sabre. I was embarrassed for the organization.

Well, all I can do is preach to the choir. I think with the impetus to improve pervading the fan base (and certainly the ownership), patience is in shorter supply than usual. I'll admit to that as well.

Last year I liked Roy a lot and felt his best days were ahead of him. I loved Ennis too - and his best days ARE ahead of him.

Now I'm ready to dump them both along with doorstops like Stafford. Include Pominville too - he's too soft to captain the kind of team I'd like to see challenge for the Cup.

I guess this "Let's have a Cup-contending team" energy is making me more impatient, along with some others here too. It's like, "Hey, if we're serious about being very good, it's time to dump the dead wood that's overstayed its welcome." I'm on that bandwagon because it is obvious to everyone that changes are needed.

• Like (+1) 2

I guess this "Let's have a Cup-contending team" energy is making me more impatient, along with some others here too. It's like, "Hey, if we're serious about being very good, it's time to dump the dead wood that's overstayed its welcome." I'm on that bandwagon because it is obvious to everyone that changes are needed.

:clapping: Excellent summary of where a lot of fans are at. "Impatient" is the proper description - and TPegs has only himself to blame for that. I wish WGR would have the Black interview on their site, I'm curious to hear what he said this morning. The promos make it sound no different than last week, but let's hope #1 Sabres Fan Tpegs has lit a fire under his butt.