GDT: Coyotes at Sabres 11/19/2011, 7:00 PM

nfreeman

The early bird gets the worm.

I'd like to see the Sabres come out for a home game in a non-comatose fashion.

Phoenix had a good start to the year offensively but their scoring is down over the last couple of weeks. Hello Enroth.

Will we see Ennis or Hecht? Perhaps Brennan? (I'd be surprised if we saw Brennan.)

Go Sabres.

(But please show up for the hometown folks who are shelling out hard-earned cash in a tough economy to come to your games.)

Phoenix had a good start to the year offensively but their scoring is down over the last couple of weeks. Hello Enroth.

Will we see Ennis or Hecht? Perhaps Brennan? (I'd be surprised if we saw Brennan.)

Go Sabres.

(But please show up for the hometown folks who are shelling out hard-earned cash in a tough economy to come to your games.)

I forgot hecht was still on the team :wallbash:

And for the out-of-towners who don't get to many games each year! My friend and I will be there tonight, so if anyone would like to meet up after the game for a drink (hopefully to celebrate a Sabres win!), send me a PM.

Going to the game tonight, I hope its exciting......... :beer:

These teams are pretty evenly matched when it comes to goals for and goals against. Both are 6-4 in their last 10. Phoenix is a bit more physical than the Sabres and a little better at blocking shots. Special teams will be interesting. Two of the top 5 penalty killing teams in the league. Phoenix hasn't drawn a lot of penalties this year and they don't take a lot of penalties.

I would expect a low scoring game especially how Enroth played last night.

These teams are pretty evenly matched when it comes to goals for and goals against. Both are 6-4 in their last 10. Phoenix is a bit more physical than the Sabres and a little better at blocking shots. Special teams will be interesting. Two of the top 5 penalty killing teams in the league. Phoenix hasn't drawn a lot of penalties this year and they don't take a lot of penalties.

I would expect a low scoring game especially how Enroth played last night.

Phoenix has Martin Hanzal who is the type of center I think this team needs, I am going to be watching him in particular.

Roy has been racking up points over the last couple of weeks so I will reserve some judgment on him.

Go Sabres.

Given that it's the Coyotes we're playing tonight, I hope that our boys don't give us reasons to bark at the moon.

Second of the back to backs and against a rested physical team. Special teams will likely decide what I expect to be a closely played contest. I do like the chances the Sequence(sequins) line has been getting(21-22-23), time to bury some of those.

Any chance we see Drew 2 tonight ? Probably not so I hope Enroth saved some energy.

Please, please play a safe road style home game tonight and just win baby.

Go Sabres

--Should two games in two nights really be a big deal for professional athletes? I can recall playing double header pick up games in my teens and twenties (clearly not the same level but just asking...)

--what I worry more than playing two nights in a row is the Sabres returning to the barn that they were determined to make a difficult place for the opposition.

--I am liking Boyes/Leino/Stafford.

--Myers getting on a roll.

--I also saw some good things out of Tropp/Gerbe/Adam. Would think they should get some more time against a beefier opponent. The kids make me think Darcy may have finally caught on to drafting bigger forwards.

--I like Roy. But I don't like him as a #1. This offseason is the time to really try to land a top flight center with the foundation of landing big time FA's laid last offseason.

--I don't mind ugly games as long as they are W's.

--Pominville has made me eat my words so far--really nice year. Particularly impressed with how he must have rehabbed after an ugly injury.

--Should two games in two nights really be a big deal for professional athletes? I can recall playing double header pick up games in my teens and twenties (clearly not the same level but just asking...)

--what I worry more than playing two nights in a row is the Sabres returning to the barn that they were determined to make a difficult place for the opposition.

--I am liking Boyes/Leino/Stafford.

--Myers getting on a roll.

--I also saw some good things out of Tropp/Gerbe/Adam. Would think they should get some more time against a beefier opponent. The kids make me think Darcy may have finally caught on to drafting bigger forwards.

--I like Roy. But I don't like him as a #1. This offseason is the time to really try to land a top flight center with the foundation of landing big time FA's laid last offseason.

--I don't mind ugly games as long as they are W's.

--Pominville has made me eat my words so far--really nice year. Particularly impressed with how he must have rehabbed after an ugly injury.

I was impressed last night that much like Vanek, Poms goes straight to the dirty area in front of the net. Despite his small stature.

Archived