GDT: Sabres at Bruins 11/12/11 7:00PM

spndnchz

Linde really needs to think about game time rosters and who is playing well. The Sabres have guys that can play with these guys, but they are not putting them on the ice. You just can't field Sekera, Erhoff, a timid Meyers, and Grags against these guys. You need guys that will hit and play D. Heck, for just one game bring up Foligno, Tropp and Kassian and see what happens and sit some of the guys who won't hit, say Roy, Leino. Add in McNabb and I think the Sabres could do well and at least the Bruins will be limping after the game..

Take care sabres. This is what happens when u can't match physicality. This is on Ruff, and horrible D. After lucic ran miller the war should started. Instead we tucked out tails between our legs and let sand trickle outta our vaginas. Until we have that part of our game, we wont go past round 1 or two of the playoffs

The last two goals the Bruins scored have nothing to do with the sabres (lack of) physicality.

"That's something the officials need to take care of. That's not what we gotta do. We just gotta focus on playing and obviously that was a penalty."

Edit: that was the Sabres feed when Ray asked Gerbe if the tone changed after Lucic creamed Miller.

that quote caught me as well these guys gotta step up for the goalie etc. Gerbe doesnt seem like he backs off but the quote seemed odd.

Myers needs to sit. He's been sucking big time. MAGs, again, is soft. The Sabres need Weber for a game like this.

The whole team is soft, excepting Kaleta. I don't care if Lucic is big and bad, someone needs to attempt to kick his ass, and if not one Sabre can do it, two or three should pile on. Just to send the message.

Miller is playing OK. He had no chance on those last two. I don't remember the first against him, but no doubt, the way the D are playing, he was abandoned then, too.

Linde really needs to think about game time rosters and who is playing well. The Sabres have guys that can play with these guys, but they are not putting them on the ice. You just can't field Sekera, Erhoff, a timid Meyers, and Grags against these guys. You need guys that will hit and play D. Heck, for just one game bring up Foligno, Tropp and Kassian and see what happens and sit some of the guys who won't hit, say Roy, Leino. Add in McNabb and I think the Sabres could do well and at least the Bruins will be limping after the game..

Let's stop and think a minute. The Sabres have won four games in a row, and are playing on back-to-back nights after traveling to the home barn of the defending cup champs. And you seriously think sitting our starters for unproven, probably unready rookies is even a realistic option?

Come on.

"That's something the officials need to take care of. That's not what we gotta do. We just gotta focus on playing and obviously that was a penalty."

Edit: that was the Sabres feed when Ray asked Gerbe if the tone changed after Lucic creamed Miller.

That's not "not what you gotta do," Nate. That's just not what any of you do. At all.

It's pathetic that Lucic has barely been touched. But not surprising.

The last two goals the Bruins scored have nothing to do with the sabres (lack of) physicality.

Really, they were not moving their feet, playing passive and scared to take the man. Darn if Grags is going to allow a shot take the man with the puck out and force the other guy to try and corral the puck. Sure it was a lack of physicality... called timidness.

Really, they were not moving their feet, playing passive and scared to take the man. Darn if Grags is going to allow a shot take the man with the puck out and force the other guy to try and corral the puck. Sure it was a lack of physicality... called timidness.

+1

Take care sabres. This is what happens when u can't match physicality. This is on Ruff, and horrible D. After lucic ran miller the war should started. Instead we tucked out tails between our legs and let sand trickle outta our vaginas. Until we have that part of our game, we wont go past round 1 or two of the playoffs

Have you seen McCormick's eye? I don't think he's in any condition to throw with a guy three times his body size in Lucic. Kaleta is just off a suspension and rightfully trying not to be too dirty. More importantly neither of them were on the ice when Miller got rocked anyway. Nor was Regehr. Goose was the only one in position to do anything about it and by the time he got there the refs had isolated Lucic and nothing was going to happen. Good idea not to take a instigator when we were getting a PP anyway.

That said, Weber should be in the lineup.

Are you talking about the 3rd goal? Gragnani isn't supposed to take the man on a 2 on 1. He's supposed to take away the pass. The problem was the giveaway in the neutral zone, which has nothing to do with physicality.

Miller is playing OK. He had no chance on those last two. I don't remember the first against him, but no doubt, the way the D are playing, he was abandoned then, too.

he was abandoned all three times, but on the first and last ones, the normal Miller makes the save. He's out of sync.

Let's stop and think a minute. The Sabres have won four games in a row, and are playing on back-to-back nights after traveling to the home barn of the defending cup champs. And you seriously think sitting our starters for unproven, probably unready rookies is even a realistic option?

Come on.

Just for the Bruins only. And yes even in those games I was concerned about their lack of physicality given how both the Bruins and Montreal play. The most recent games have not required it much, so those are not good examples. The Senators without Neal and others are not what they once were. If the Sabres want to win the cup they can't play the way Vancouver plays, they have to have moxie to go with their speed and skill al la the Bruins and the previous Blackhawks.

I just don't see enough of it with this team.

Archived