GDT: Sabres at Bruins 11/12/11 7:00PM

spndnchz

Confirmed, Miller to start http://blogs.buffalo...nst-boston.html

I myself was hoping for another Enroth start. Just to see if he's up to the back-to-back again and to see how he performs in a pressure situation against the defending champs on the road.

With that said, I am now 1,000 percent behind Ryan and hopes he puts up another one of those stone jobs he is capable of when his game is ON.

just to remind you of our brown toothed friend Jack Edwards in Boston's NESN broadcast:

I'm here in MA so I can only listen/watch him. I can't stand him! I know every team's announcer (not RJ!) comes off as a homer, but Edwards is horrible. As luck would have it, I'll be viewing the game loaded with Black and Gold, but at least one of my buddies appreciates Labatt Blue Light!

GO SABRES! No OT ... get the full 2 points!

I'm here in MA so I can only listen/watch him. I can't stand him! I know every team's announcer (not RJ!) comes off as a homer, but Edwards is horrible. As luck would have it, I'll be viewing the game loaded with Black and Gold, but at least one of my buddies appreciates Labatt Blue Light!

Not RJ :doh:

Speaking of RJ. who was this Thomas Vantick that was in the lineup the other night?

Edwards is of course, a buffoon. Believe it or not, I've grown a bit fond of his far-out antics. But I like scurvy too.

This game will be an interesting test for the Sabres on a number of levels:

- Obviously, the state of Miller's game is the #1 issue.

- Can Roy-Stafford-Leino keep improving?

- Will the Sabres show some mental toughness having played last night and traveled?

- What about physical toughness? Boston is a physical team.

- After a great start, the Sabres' D has been a bit uneven lately. Boston has scored 24 goals in its last 4 games. Can the Sabres lock it down?

- Gerbe is heating up. How will he do in the city where he was an NCAA star?

- With Boston having won the SC and in a groove, it will probably take a consistent, disciplined, 60-minute effort from the Sabres to win. Can they deliver that kind of performance?

Yes indeedly. Sabres, 3-1. Gerbe, Vanek and Stafford. Miller shuts the door.

Go Sabres.

- Will the Sabres show some mental toughness having played last night and traveled?

- After a great start, the Sabres' D has been a bit uneven lately. Boston has scored 24 goals in its last 4 games. Can the Sabres lock it down?

- With Boston having won the SC and in a groove, it will probably take a consistent, disciplined, 60-minute effort from the Sabres to win. Can they deliver that kind of performance?

Go Sabres.

They were out hit by the Sens 27-8, The Sabres are dead last in the NHL in hits. I can see that being a problem down the line. Myers has been a huge disappointment in this department.

. tit for tat

Go Sabres.

agree with all your points...to add a few more..imo

All Miller has to do is play a techinical game in his net. This is not a big white ice game. He will be fine if turnovers, odd man rushes, clean red zone looks , second/third chances and Bostons time in the Sabres D zone can be controlled by his d. He can not wander tonight.Easier to win this one by getting in front a couple early.. but i do not think that will happen.I would play it safe and play shutdown d in the first if i was Lindy.

Boston wants to play from behind the Sabres net and in the low slot.They get there with their for check. Be ready Tyler..you have to move the puck QUICKLY when you get it.Find you outlet guy first, touch the puck..make the pass.out of the zone.No pass option.OUT OF THE ZONE.

If Roy gets banged early he will disappear imo. Leino does not disappear.

Look for the third and forth lines tonight and the grit guys on the other two lines to play. Boston has two pairs. Vanek will draw the shutdown line .They will try to take time and space away from him when he touches the puck. Look for him to get doubled in the o zone when he is behind the net and in the slot. They will pressure the puck when he has it. He will play hard against them/ he always does aginst Boston.This game turns on the pk and the Sabres pp and the beginning of each period.

The first ten of the first and the first five minutes of periods two and three will be critical. This game turns in those time frames and on the Sabres pk and most importantly pp. if we are lucky. If time in the o zone breaks 50-50 or better the Sabres have an excellent chance. if they bang vanek, roy, or pom the sabes have to bang sagan and the big L

They were out hit by the Sens 27-8, The Sabres are dead last in the NHL in hits. I can see that being a problem down the line. Myers has been a huge disappointment in this department.

Myers is second in hits on the team. Grags is the problem. He got his first hit just last night! Weber had 3 in one game!

LR dressed 7 dmen for warmups. Let's see Weber!

Archived