GDT: Winnipeg at Buffalo 11/8/11 7:00PM

nfreeman

5 of 6 goals on the PP. Nice.

Thinking about how many people were proposing a Vanek trade, it's nice to see him absolutely killing it. This team would really suck without him.

While I am not one of "those people", you are assuming that we would get dirt in exchange for him.

be nice if ehroff could get a shot on the net

HIS NAME IS ###### EHRHOFF BLHAHFSAHFSAOHFSAOHF. Ahem. Sorry about that.

I'm pretty sure there were two Roys out there tonight. The one that kept missing his backchecking and the one that got four points on the PP. Paul Gaustad scored a beautiful, beautiful goal.

EDIT: Roy only had three points. The OT goal was led to by a nice play by Roy, and he would have had the point if Vanek was not credited with the goal.

Roy has skill, and he's clearly skating better, but he was making a lot of poor decisions. No different than seasons prior. I think part of the problem last year before he was injured, and now, is that the rest of the team is making up for his poor judgement on the ice.

Roy's only a star because of the goal. Besides the goal he was pretty awful.

Can't agree more. I subscribe to the time-honored code of "To thy own zone be true" and Roy was atrocious in that regard tonight. Of course, he had some company by our D corps tonight.

I'll take the two points though.

GO SABRES!!!

It seems to me that any team able to produce some forecheck pressure makes our D look silly. Scary stuff.

A lot because the Sabres don't have enough physical presence back there and Roy and Gaustad are their 1 and 2 centers. Adam is playing better, but still needs to learn how to carry the puck out of the zone, Roy late in this game was doing it more and more as he seems to be skating better and while I think Gaustad is great... he is not a puck handler. Leino is still a work in progress and Grags doesn't have the speed nor know what to do with the puck and Meyers seems like he coming off the flu. Gerbe seems to be the only guy who can wind up with the puck and attempt to go end to end. Ennis is missed. Tropp's physicality is appreciated and badly needed. but replace Leino when Kaleta comes back not Tropp.

Roy has skill, and he's clearly skating better, but he was making a lot of poor decisions. No different than seasons prior. I think part of the problem last year before he was injured, and now, is that the rest of the team is making up for his poor judgement on the ice.

My spin...the entire team wasn't getting it done in their own end. Roy's mistakes led directly to a couple of goals. Could've been any of the forwards, all of whom were making a habit of losing their man in front of the net. I won't single him out.

Can't agree more. I subscribe to the time-honored code of "To thy own zone be true" and Roy was atrocious in that regard tonight. Of course, he had some company by our D corps tonight.

I'll take the two points though.

GO SABRES!!!

Oh I'll take it for sure. He got the goal and we won, so anything else doesn't matter.

While I am not one of "those people", you are assuming that we would get dirt in exchange for him.

I didn't say that at all. Don't put words in my mouth.

My point is that we don't know what we'd have gotten in return, but boy is it nice to not have to think about it. He's playing well and it makes that contract feel a lot better.

5 of 6 goals on the PP. Nice.

Thinking about how many people were proposing a Vanek trade, it's nice to see him absolutely killing it. This team would really suck without him.

There, I bolded the part of your post I was referring to. Is your last name Miller by chance? You really can't handle people reading your posts and disagreeing with your points. Defensive defensive defensive.

There's a lot to dissect, and a lot to be unhappy about, but I'm just going to stick with these two for now:

1. SO glad to see a win!!!!!

2. That was the prettiest SH goal I've seen in a long time. If Gaustad can move like that, pass like that, and win faceoffs like he does, then why the hell is he stuck on the fourth line?

There's a lot to dissect, and a lot to be unhappy about, but I'm just going to stick with these two for now:

1. SO glad to see a win!!!!!

2. That was the prettiest SH goal I've seen in a long time. If Gaustad can move like that, pass like that, and win faceoffs like he does, then why the hell is he stuck on the fourth third line?

I really really like the line of Gaustad-Gerbe-Boyes.

I never want to see Myers and Sekera paired again. Both tend to find themselves out of position and need partners that can cover up their mistakes. The 5th goal where Sekera went completely out of his way to "help" Myers with a largely neutralized forward and allow Byfuglien all alone... that was an insane decision.

I never want to see Myers and Sekera paired again. Both tend to find themselves out of position and need partners that can cover up their mistakes. The 5th goal where Sekera went completely out of his way to "help" Myers with a largely neutralized forward and allow Byfuglien all alone... that was an insane decision.

I think you might be overreacting a little bit here. Sure, they had a bad night, but this is a pair that has shown a lot of solid play. To break them up after one bad night wouldn't necessarily be out of the realm of reality, though, as Lindy has been known to tinker with lines and pairings often.

Going to the Game with my dad. Its my birthday. Here is a list of things I would like for my 29th Birthday.

a 5-0 win with...

Shutout from Miller

Hat Trick from Vanek

A Goal from Erhoff

A Goal from Leino

Cody McCormick to beat someone up

Nachos and a big Labatt Blue

to start an %!-&!-$!-#! %&$# the Jets! chant (just because)

I'll be happy with a win either way. After living in NYC for 5 years, I haven't seen them win in Buffalo in a very long time.

I got a big Labatt Blue, 2 goals from Vanek and and Cody McCormick beat up glass pretty good. They won an ugly, but entertaining game. I get 50% off Moe's, a free 6" sub from Subway, and $6 off a New Era Sabres hat.

Archived