GDT: Winnipeg at Buffalo 11/8/11 7:00PM

nfreeman

there is no"up" in the "up and down " hockey he is playing ...to date... they need to bring in somebody who can fix him ... not that difficult to do, actually. IMO Pairing him with the german is not the answer. The Sabres need to get their d playing effectively as a unit and leave pairings in place for multiple games.That means as many d first games as necessary are in order . Bring up Weber. Let Tyler fix his game in his own end first before you push him up the ice. A stay home, back to basics approach,more physical play in defined situations,hipchecks,deeks, body vs puck, anticipation, quick decision making on the boards in the d zone,more physical play in front of your goaltender. More active sticks in the lanes , more traps under the right circumstances. This d needs to gell.everything else follows.

I completely agree with this. Myers needs to be paired with Regehr.

Ehrhoff had some moments last night where he looked pretty good... lets hope he builds off this

Can I just say, as a brit who's culture revolves around Football (read: not ###### soccer :nana: ) to see and head about Jenneret last night was amazing, guy is a legend. People like him are rare, great to see a guy like that honored. Nothing like that happens over here really (I can think of one guy).

Didn't know where to put this, felt like saying it, so it's going here for what it's worth :).

Can I just say, as a brit who's culture revolves around Football (read: not ###### soccer :nana: ) to see and head about Jenneret last night was amazing, guy is a legend. People like him are rare, great to see a guy like that honored. Nothing like that happens over here really (I can think of one guy).

Didn't know where to put this, felt like saying it, so it's going here for what it's worth :).

It's soccer.

/Canaries fan.

Just back from Sarajevo ...

What passes for football in North America is a joke!!

I'm Canadian, but my culture revolves around football ... real football, as well ... and Sabres hockey, of course!!

I'll echo the Roy was poor defensively, Sekera should stop giving the puck away, Gaustad working with the skating coach vibe.

I'll add that I don't want to see Sekera with Myers anymore. Myers needs Regehr.

When Myers has played with Regehr he has spent too much time watching and not enough time playing.

That said, I think Myers and Regehr might be the best pair in the league by the end of the season. And I sure hope so.

When Myers has played with Regehr he has spent too much time watching and not enough time playing.

That said, I think Myers and Regehr might be the best pair in the league by the end of the season. And I sure hope so.

You can take a look at their plus/minus the first 6 games. Not much of a difference for Regehr, Myers was affected more IMO.

Myers plays better with veterans. The switch away from him playing with Regehr is detrimental to his development. Not sure why LR moved him. Maybe to help someone else? meh.

I mostly agree. Maybe it is so Myers can watch Regehr from the bench instead of when he is on the ice 'n supposed to be doin' stuff.

You can take a look at their plus/minus the first 6 games. Not much of a difference for Regehr, Myers was affected more IMO.

Myers plays better with veterans. The switch away from him playing with Regehr is detrimental to his development. Not sure why LR moved him. Maybe to help someone else? meh.

I agree, I think that he is still very young and has a lot of learning left to do and Regehr would be a far better teacher than Sekera. Myers may be less offensive this year by staying with Regehr but he is a defender first and if he was playing better defense we would all be much happier.

Myers-Regehr

Ehrhoff-Sekera

Leopold-Weber

Still waiting for this...

Random stuff from Winnipeg game:

Roy is skating much better than 3 weeks ago.

Pominville should take all the draws on the right side. Man. Nice to see.

Gerbe....just might need..............a bathing suit. Yep. I said it. Still love his game though.

What do you call that spin pass? The Gooserama.

Although the point shots aren't getting through on the sabres' PP, the opponent D is coming out so far to block Myers and Erhoff that the cross ice pass in the middle/high slot is wide open. Finally they are using it.

Although I expect Tropp to be sent down, I loved his jam and drive to the net. Strong kid. Looking forward to seeing more of him.

I want one less offensive type and one more stay-at-home type. Weber ought to get a shot at this.

If Sekera/Leopold are trade-able for either a pick or a stay at home guy I would be OK with it.

We have some good stuff on the farm to replace either of them.

...i hear Rick Nash maybe available... (dont shoot me I read it on tsn and i was just mentioning it in passing nothing more)

As far as our defense is concerned, you want to have 7 capable defenders for not only the season but for the playoffs as well. Right now I think Myers should take a game off and just get his mind focused. I do not want to be short a defender anytime btw april and the parade down Washington street.

...i hear Rick Nash maybe available... (dont shoot me I read it on tsn and i was just mentioning it in passing nothing more)

As far as our defense is concerned, you want to have 7 capable defenders for not only the season but for the playoffs as well. Right now I think Myers should take a game off and just get his mind focused. I do not want to be short a defender anytime btw april and the parade down Washington street.

I like 7 or even 8 defenders. Just do not like the mix.

I like 7 or even 8 defenders. Just do not like the mix.

I am assuming you mean offensive v defensive mix and I agree. There is too much emphasis on the "goalie" saving the day as opposed to the defense shutting the zone down and making it a miserable place to be. Weber, Regehr, and to an extent Myers (not lately) are shutdown guys but the rest of them (MAG, Ehrhoff, Sekera, Leo) are offense first it seems and this won't fly as the season progresses. The good news is Morrisonnnnnnn and Brennnnnnannnn and Schiestaaaalll (if I am going to spell it wrong I am going way wrong) are all in Rochester so we have some depth.

Just back from Sarajevo ...

What passes for football in North America is a joke!!

I'm Canadian, but my culture revolves around football ... real football, as well ... and Sabres hockey, of course!!

Knew you were back already. Liger getting his +1's again.

Myers-Regehr is a natural. There is no compelling reason IMO to break that up. It's like peanut butter and jelly. Don't mess with it.

And then, Ruff did. And as you say, not sure why.

Archived