Who's starting in goal tomorrow night?

nfreeman

Who's it gonna be?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. It's very simple: what's your prediction as to who the starting goalie is tomorrow night vs. Winnipeg? Not whom do you want -- who will Lindy choose?

• Miller
    • Enroth
  2. 2. OK, now you get to vote for whom you would start if you were Lindy. Who would you choose to start tomorrow night?

• Miller
    • Enroth

I kind of wondered how long it would take for this thread to turn into a whiney playground hissy fit much like many of the others have lately. :wallbash:

As for the poll, I voted Miller/Enroth. I already know what Miller is capable of and much as I would like to see him back in and with his mojo going I do want to see more of Enroth and see what he's made of. Play him till he loses or till he needs a break. Maybe he needs one now? Maybe Miller is nursing a minor injury nobody is privy to?

I kind of wondered how long it would take for this thread to turn into a whiney playground hissy fit much like many of the others have lately. :wallbash:

As for the poll, I voted Miller/Enroth. I already know what Miller is capable of and much as I would like to see him back in and with his mojo going I do want to see more of Enroth and see what he's made of. Play him till he loses or till he needs a break. Maybe he needs one now? Maybe Miller is nursing a minor injury nobody is privy to?

Sore pride, he is day to day.

Wait? Did I hear 'need' and 'miller' in one of ur posts?!?! It's a miracle!!!

...and you wonder why everyone thinks you are a fat kid, sitting in your mom's basement eating hot pockets, while typing your crappy posts on this forum in between rounds of Modern Warfare 2 and occasionally hitting pause so you can fondle your junk to pictures of justin beiber.

In other news, I am being a little different and saying it is Miller - Enroth - Miller. I think Miller def goes tomorrow just to see how he stands and then they toss in Enroth against an Ottawa team that they believe they can beat. Miller goes back in to face Thomas.

...and you wonder why everyone thinks you are a fat kid, sitting in your mom's basement eating hot pockets, while typing your crappy posts on this forum in between rounds of Modern Warfare 2 and occasionally hitting pause so you can fondle your junk to pictures of justin beiber.

You're a young adult, and he's a child. Let it go.

the only way you start enroth a third straight game is if youre considering trading miller. starting enroth back to back was shocking enough, if you go pass up miller now youre clearly making a statement hes not your undisputed franchise goalie anymore

which may not be a bad thing. i love miller but if the sabres think enroth is ready, and its hard to argue he isnt really close to being there, then you have to consider what is best for the club. you cant have two bonafide number ones on the same team, you can only have two mediocre starters if youre going to platoon them, so one simply has to go. miller would fetch far more in return at this point so hes the obvious one that would have to be moved

if enroth starts then it signals the beginning of the end of the miller era. i dont think they are ready to do that just yet so i would bet the house it will be miller

the only way you start enroth a third straight game is if youre considering trading miller. starting enroth back to back was shocking enough, if you go pass up miller now youre clearly making a statement hes not your undisputed franchise goalie anymore

which may not be a bad thing. i love miller but if the sabres think enroth is ready, and its hard to argue he isnt really close to being there, then you have to consider what is best for the club. you cant have two bonafide number ones on the same team, you can only have two mediocre starters if youre going to platoon them, so one simply has to go. miller would fetch far more in return at this point so hes the obvious one that would have to be moved

if enroth starts then it signals the beginning of the end of the miller era. i dont think they are ready to do that just yet so i would bet the house it will be miller

Have your deed handy ....

Why the shock? It is a rather small group that is suggesting Miller's time is already done here. That is reflected pretty well in the survey so far.

It is only a small group on this particular message board, which has a small group of regulars to begin with.

It isn't a reflection of the overall fanbase, which, just speculation based on conversations outside of this message board, I would surmize around a quarter to third of the fan base wouldn't mind one bit if Miller left via a trade in an effort to bring the team closer to a Stanley Cup championship.

I agree that starting Enroth tonight would be an earthshaking move, but I don't think it would mean that they are ready to trade Miller, or that it would signal the end of the Miller era -- although it would signal the POSSIBLE end of the Miller era.

I think it would just mean that the Sabres have 2 high-end goalies, and that whoever is playing better at any particular time is going to get more action. This is what happened when the Sabres had Edwards and Sauve. It's also happened in Boston with Thomas and Rask (remember that Rask took the job away from Thomas 2 years ago and began last year as the #1, until Thomas won the job back).

Boston hasn't traded either of their guys and I see no reason why the Sabres would need to trade one of theirs. For one thing, it's hard to see the Sabres getting any kind of value in trade that would make it worthwhile. For all those posters claiming that the elusive true #1 center is sitting there waiting for the Sabres to trade Miller for him -- please give some specifics. That trade doesn't exist, IMHO. And the Sabres aren't going to trade Miller for anything less than an elite player.

It is only a small group on this particular message board, which has a small group of regulars to begin with.

It isn't a reflection of the overall fanbase, which, just speculation based on conversations outside of this message board, I would surmize around a quarter to third of the fan base wouldn't mind one bit if Miller left via a trade in an effort to bring the team closer to a Stanley Cup championship.

What does this mean, exactly? You are saying that the poll of 90 dedicated Sabres fans isn't reliable data because it's a small group, but you've had conversations with people and some of them wouldn't mind trading Miller? Are your conversations somehow a more scientific method than the poll? How many of these conversations have you had? More than 90?

Moreover, what exactly is the point? That some of the people you've spoken with wouldn't mind trading Miller if it led to a Cup? Wouldn't anyone feel that way? I'm a fan of Miller's, but if someone could assure me that if we traded him today would result in winning the Cup, I'd drive him to the airport myself. I expect everyone here feels that way.

I agree that starting Enroth tonight would be an earthshaking move, but I don't think it would mean that they are ready to trade Miller, or that it would signal the end of the Miller era -- although it would signal the POSSIBLE end of the Miller era.

I think it would just mean that the Sabres have 2 high-end goalies, and that whoever is playing better at any particular time is going to get more action. This is what happened when the Sabres had Edwards and Sauve. It's also happened in Boston with Thomas and Rask (remember that Rask took the job away from Thomas 2 years ago and began last year as the #1, until Thomas won the job back).

Boston hasn't traded either of their guys and I see no reason why the Sabres would need to trade one of theirs. For one thing, it's hard to see the Sabres getting any kind of value in trade that would make it worthwhile. For all those posters claiming that the elusive true #1 center is sitting there waiting for the Sabres to trade Miller for him -- please give some specifics. That trade doesn't exist, IMHO. And the Sabres aren't going to trade Miller for anything less than an elite player.

What does this mean, exactly? You are saying that the poll of 90 dedicated Sabres fans isn't reliable data because it's a small group, but you've had conversations with people and some of them wouldn't mind trading Miller? Are your conversations somehow a more scientific method than the poll? How many of these conversations have you had? More than 90?

Moreover, what exactly is the point? That some of the people you've spoken with wouldn't mind trading Miller if it led to a Cup? Wouldn't anyone feel that way? I'm a fan of Miller's, but if someone could assure me that if we traded him today would result in winning the Cup, I'd drive him to the airport myself. I expect everyone here feels that way.

I am NOT one of those posters. But just for the sake of fun: would you trade one of the Sabres' goalies for either Pavelski or Thornton? And do you think SJ would do it?

I would surmize around a quarter to third of the fan base wouldn't mind one bit if Miller left via a trade in an effort to bring the team closer to a Stanley Cup championship.

I think you can safely say that nearly 100% of the fan base wouldn't mind if Miller left if it brought the team closer to a Stanley Cup. I'll go so far as to say that nearly 100% of the fan base wouldn't mind if *ANY* player left if it brought the team closer to a Stanley Cup. But it will be in hindsight. I'd be willing to bet that for a good percentage of the fanbase, they won't like the trade of any one of our core players *until* they see the Cup on Main St. in a parade. There will always be a high percentage of folks questioning the move of a marquee player until the fruits of that trade have been harvested.

The question at hand really is, is Enroth good enough to justify moving Miller in order to make this specualted trade? My opinion is that there isn't enough data yet to make that determination. But I am hoping that when we get enough data it shows that one or the other goalie can be moved, and has enough market value, to bring in another piece to the Stanley Cup puzzle. Until then, I'm OK with Enroth being second fiddle in a movement that often requires two fiddle players.

I am NOT one of those posters. But just for the sake of fun: would you trade one of the Sabres' goalies for either Pavelski or Thornton? And do you think SJ would do it?

At this point, while Enroth has looked great, the sample size is too small for me to be comfortable trading Miller under any realistic circumstances (i.e. excluding Crosby, Ovechkin, etc.). Now, if Enroth seizes the starting job and gets the Sabres to the conf. finals this spring? Yes, I would trade either of them for Pavelski (probably not Thornton though as he will turn 33 next summer).

As for SJ, I don't think they would do it, as they just gave Niemi 5 years x $3.8MM, and he won 35 games for them last year and got them to the final 4.

1. I don't think WE should do it yet. (need more data)

2. Doubtful IMO. I don't think there is enough real performance difference between Niemi and Miller to justify moving that much talent to obtain him.

The question at hand really is, is Enroth good enough to justify moving Miller in order to make this specualted trade? My opinion is that there isn't enough data yet to make that determination. But I am hoping that when we get enough data it shows that one or the other goalie can be moved, and has enough market value, to bring in another piece to the Stanley Cup puzzle. Until then, I'm OK with Enroth being second fiddle in a movement that often requires two fiddle players.

spot f'ing on - and a metaphor to boot!

To be fair, Boston really can't trade anyone since their #1 is 75 years old.

Archived