Who's starting in goal tomorrow night?

nfreeman

Who's it gonna be?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. It's very simple: what's your prediction as to who the starting goalie is tomorrow night vs. Winnipeg? Not whom do you want -- who will Lindy choose?

• Miller
    • Enroth
  2. 2. OK, now you get to vote for whom you would start if you were Lindy. Who would you choose to start tomorrow night?

• Miller
    • Enroth

There's only a dozen or so threads on this topic -- what's one more, this time with a poll?

No need to repeat the same debate that's been raging in other threads -- the point of this one is simply to get some numbers behind the group's predictions, as well as the group's preferences.

I think Miller will get the start, and this would be my choice. OTOH, I was pretty shocked that Enroth got both starts last weekend, so what the heck do I know?

Strange days indeed.

I think Ruff is going to choose Miller, because he doesn't want to 'lose' him.. same excuse that was used to insert Weber into the lineup.

I'd like to play Enroth though, go with the hot hand, especially against a weaker team.

If Miller does play, no better game to 'redeem' himself, than against some lower level opposition.

I voted Miller and Enroth. I'm not opposed to having Miller in goal in what should be a winnable game. But I want wins and want to roll with Enroth until he loses. How about each goalie plays until they lose and then rotate? OK, this will never happen...it's very playground. But the ultimate in competition.

Miller and Miller. He needs to get put back in now. He's seen what the kid can do, now he needs to go out and out-perform himself...

fixed. :)

i went with miller/miller for the same reasons already voiced--he needs to get back into the game and show the team he IS the starter, and his head IS in the game. he doesn't need to have a shut-out, but he does need a low-goals game and the win. letting in 4 or 5 goals after sitting essentially 3 games isn't going to show anyone that he's the boss; it's only going to fuel the media-based "controversy," and the downward spiral will continue.

I voted Miller for both, mainly because I think it's important that he plays.

But it's important to note that Enroth has essentially played three games in a row. Playing Miller is just a logical move, especially against a team that, as far as I can recall, he has played well against.

I think Miller's past against Ottawa played a part in Lindy's decision to start Enroth.

Let's see what Miller has for us. And lets hope the team shows up and plays a great game, so that we don't have to question whether a potential loss falls solely on Miller.

I voted Miller/Miller.

Like I said in the previous thread that turned into an abomination (with a side of nachos/taco in a bag), if the team wants to be successful in the playoffs this year then Miller has to be the guy in net. He needs to regain his confidence and show all the things he's been working on this weekend with Corsi.

wow, i'm really shocked by these results.

Really? (Can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not, sorry)

I think the Enroth side of the debate is overblown because the few people advocating for that on this board are the ones that yell the loudest so to speak. There are a few adamant supporters for the change to Enroth, but the rest of us know that Miller is the key to a successful season long term.

Let me clarify, I'm shocked that less than 10% think lindy would keep rolling with Enroth. I thought it would be higher, I'm not shocked that people think miller should start.

Thanks for the clarification,

I think the majority think it would be a major hit to Miller if Lindy went with Enroth tomorrow night. It would signify a changing of the #1 guy which would, IMO, hurt us long term. Even if it was under the mantra of 'play the hot hand' from Lindy himself, the damage would be done. hence the ~90% thinking that Lindy goes with Miller against the jets.

I voted Miller and Miller - because our backup is supposed to get every fourth game. :bag:

Very nice, albeit a bit painful.

Miller after practice today "I don’t want to be pulled out of the game. I want to ######in win the game."

Nice. He historically has played better when he's PO'd.

Miller x 2. It's time for the #1 to get the chance to act like the #1. Two games put him on notice. Three smacks of trying to embarrass him and that's never been Lindy's way (and shouldn't be).

Good call.

Archived