[OT] Strange things you have seen

LabattBlue

What "strange" things have you seen?

Sometime in the last month, a billboard went up along the 190 South near downtown Buffalo, advertising the Pensacola Naval Aviation Museum. At first, I thought it was a mistake, but it hasn't been removed.

The museum doesn't charge admission(I went to their website), so it is surprising that they are advertising 1100 miles away for a billboard that has to cost several thousand $$$ a month. I can understand a billboard in WNY for Disney World where the chances are much greater that the money will be recouped by potential visitors, but the Pensacola Aviation Museum??? :blink: :blink:

Sometime in the last month, a billboard went up along the 190 South near downtown Buffalo, advertising the Pensacola Naval Aviation Museum. At first, I thought it was a mistake, but it hasn't been removed.

The museum doesn't charge admission(I went to their website), so it is surprising that they are advertising 1100 miles away for a billboard that has to cost several thousand $$$ a month. I can understand a billboard in WNY for Disney World where the chances are much greater that the money will be recouped by potential visitors, but the Pensacola Aviation Museum??? :blink: :blink:

Paid for by our friends at BP.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain...

They're popping up all over the place.

Huh? That one went way over my head... :blink:

2,000 years ago someone would have seen what you saw and written a book about what they thought it was. People would take it as irrefutable today.

Then again a satellite crashing 2,000 years ago brings up bigger questions.

Last May I drove by a small city park and saw Batman walking along the path. It wasn't Halloween...not sure what the deal was...but he was there, walking with purpose.

I didn't know whether to feel safe after seeing the caped crusader patrolling my little town...or very, very unsafe :blink:

Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

Ok, that reminds me of a strange thing I've seen. I remember throwing one of those posts at someone on this board a while back and they had no clue what I was talking about. Then others kept following with the gladiator line, the turkish prison line, and calling him Joey. The confused responses from that poster were hilarious.

Y'know, I seen me a mermaid once. I even seen me a shark eat an octopus. But I ain't never seen no phantom Russian submarine.

I would have liked to have seen Montana.

I knew you'd chime in on this thread ;)One ping only Vasili.

That's all right, Mr Ryan. My Morse is so rusty, I could be sending him dimensions on Playmate of the Month.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain...

Blade Runner? If so, what a great movie.

Y'know, I seen me a mermaid once. I even seen me a shark eat an octopus. But I ain't never seen no phantom Russian submarine.

I would have liked to have seen Montana.

One ping only Vasili.

That's all right, Mr Ryan. My Morse is so rusty, I could be sending him dimensions on Playmate of the Month.

There'll be no going back.

Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

Ok, that reminds me of a strange thing I've seen. I remember throwing one of those posts at someone on this board a while back and they had no clue what I was talking about. Then others kept following with the gladiator line, the turkish prison line, and calling him Joey. The confused responses from that poster were hilarious.

Oh man, who was that? It happened in more than one thread as well. What a riot. Dude was clueless.

Archived