GDT: Sabres at Montreal 10/18/11 7:30PM

spndnchz

Upon quick glance, I read that as "ENROTH with the winner".

A chronological list of goals scored in the NHL by goalies:

Billy Smith, November 28, 1979

Ron Hextall, December 8, 1987

Ron Hextall, April 11, 1989 (shorthanded)

Chris Osgood, March 6, 1996

Martin Brodeur, April 17, 1997

Damian Rhodes, January 2, 1999

Martin Brodeur, February 15, 2000 (game-winning)

José Théodore, January 2, 2001

Evgeni Nabokov, March 10, 2002 (power play)

Mika Noronen, February 14, 2004

Chris Mason, April 15, 2006"

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goaltender

Winning this game will put us on pace for 130 points on the season. Losing will have us on pace for 98. Lose the next game, it's down to 82. I'm not gonna say must win, but the numbers speak for themselves.

Very good call. In fact according to this site The Sabres currently have a 72.5% chance of making the playoffs. A win and it moves us up 4.1% and an outright loss takes us down 4.3%. That's a heafty 8.4% difference. Not must win, but big two points.

Winning this game will put us on pace for 130 points on the season. Losing will have us on pace for 98. Lose the next game, it's down to 82. I'm not gonna say must win, but the numbers speak for themselves.

A loss would drop the Sabres projected finish from 4th to 7th in the East.

Must.

Win!

Haha alright enough already with the must-win's.

It would be great to win this one and I think we will. As someone already stated, stay out of the penalty box. I think we'll get 2 PPG's, Vanek stays hot.

Looking ahead, @ the lowly Panthers, although they've been hot, and @TB, who's been struggling. I'd feel great headed to Florida if the Sabres put in a solid defensive performance tonight. Get it!

My dislike for les habitants is more related to the first phrase of my rant. The anecdote just sealed the deal for them. I am totally willing to make stereotypes and paint entire groups of people with very broad brushes. Especially if they wear a different sweater than I do.

awh, c'mon man - you can't love hockey and despise montreal. (well, you can ... but it ain't right.)

i've been to the city twice for a tour and once for a hockey game -- one of my favorite places on the planet (and that's with the recognition that there's plenty of anti-anglo animus to be encountered).

Gragnani is IN.

hmm. maybe a hockey heaven move? it's the guy's hometown, after all.

unless MAG is lights out tonight, i say we see weber in the game after this one.

awh, c'mon man - you can't love hockey and despise montreal. (well, you can ... but it ain't right.)

i've been to the city twice for a tour and once for a hockey game -- one of my favorite places on the planet (and that's with the recognition that there's plenty of anti-anglo animus to be encountered).

I absolutely love Montreal. One of my favorite cities in North America. Truly a gem. I specifically hate Montreal Canadiens fans. And just as you can love baseball and hate the Yankees and their fans, you can love Hockey and hate the Habs and their fans.

So glad there's a new GDT... that leftover Penguins thread was getting strange

Stuck in Des Moines, IA for this one so i'm probably going to have to miss it. Will be scouring the interwebs for a stream of les habitants.

Regarding MAG, here's to hoping that he has a strong game in front of his hometown and shows us all why lindy has such faith in him. :thumbsup:

unless MAG is lights out tonight, i say we see weber in the game after this one.

Agreed on both points... Montreal IS the center of the hockey universe.

If they let Grags play just because he is home, I like the move. One game, one night to shine...

So I'm going for an unlikely trifecta of goal scorers in this one. I predict Grags, Sekera and... wait for it .... Kaleta light the lamp tonight. Tomorrow, when proven accurate, I'll be changing my handle to "Nostradamus from Hamburg' ...

Weber didn't get on the ice in his hometown.... if the sole purpose is to win the cup as has been stated put your best players on the ice.

Weber didn't get on the ice in his hometown.... if the sole purpose is to win the cup as has been stated put your best players on the ice.

Has Weber played in Pitt yet?

Just looked up the answer, he has, March 2011

Gragnani has been pretty good until the last game. He adds a lot of value on the PP. I think he's on thin ice, but I agree with the decision not to yank him after 1 shaky game, especially when that game was a good road win.

Tonight, I'd like to see:

1. Leino's line generate some chances and cash one in.

2. Miller look sharp, both on the good scoring chances and on the wristers from the blue line.

3. Regehr or Kaleta lay a big hit on Gomez (no, I haven't forgotten).

4. Continued production from Luker's line and Roy's line.

5. Price get shelled.

Agreed on both points... Montreal IS the center of the hockey universe.

If they let Grags play just because he is home, I like the move. One game, one night to shine...

So I'm going for an unlikely trifecta of goal scorers in this one. I predict Grags, Sekera and... wait for it .... Kaleta light the lamp tonight. Tomorrow, when proven accurate, I'll be changing my handle to "Nostradamus from Hamburg' ...

you should have to change your name to something else if you are proven wrong.... anyone have any ideaS?

if the sole purpose is to win the cup as has been stated put your best players on the ice.

QFT.

i was just funnin' mostly on the hockey heaven angle.

but lindy did say in his interview today that the fact that they're in montreal factored into his decision.

"we're just hoping he can show us in a game and a city that I think he's going to like playing in that he can bounce back and play well."

and i realize that english is not his primary language, but MAG's words on whether he should be in the lineup look weird on paper (or, screen):

"I don't think I have any leeway. I'm not saying that it shouldn't be like that, but that's how I feel," Gragnani said. "Being the only rookie on defense, and look at the guys that we have on this team, it's a hell of a D corps, so if I'm not performing like I should be, it's only right that I shouldn't be in the lineup. He obviously puts the six D that he thinks he has the best chance to win, so if I'm not up and ready to perform like I did last year and I did in the first three games of the season, I shouldn't be playing."

weber will get his chance(s). i just love MAG's upside.

Archived