Sabres News

korab rules

From what I have read, Schiestel may very well have been at the top of the pecking order if not for his season ending injury in the spring, followed by getting hurt in the 1st game of this season. He needs to get out from under the black cloud.

Hopefully he avoids being the next Mike Funk. Luckily it's just a knee (I know, very important for a skater) and not a serious concussion like what derailed Funk's career.

Hopefully he avoids being the next Mike Funk. Luckily it's just a knee (I know, very important for a skater) and not a serious concussion like what derailed Funk's career.

I might be wrong, but I think the knee he injured last spring is different from the one he injured in game 1. I don't know if that is a good thing or bad thing.

I might be wrong, but I think the knee he injured last spring is different from the one he injured in game 1. I don't know if that is a good thing or bad thing.

I'm not all that concerned. An MCL sprain takes a while, but it really should have longterm effects.

• 4 weeks later...

Practice update:

Weber hurt last night, upper body Lindy not talking. Will be days.

Cody still out upper body.

Ennis skated today for real. may play this weekend.

"Mike sustained an injury that may take some time," coach Lindy Ruff said after practice in First Niagara Center. "I don’t know exactly when it happened."

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2011/11/sabres-weber-to-miss-time-with-injury.html

After reading through some of these posts, I think the Sabres defensive depth might be vastly overrated. McNabb looks like the only sure fire NHL prospect. The rest of the lot look like JAG at the AHL level.

Can someone explain to me why posters think Joe freaking Finley is considered a prospect?

After reading through some of these posts, I think the Sabres defensive depth might be vastly overrated. McNabb looks like the only sure fire NHL prospect. The rest of the lot look like JAG at the AHL level.

Can someone explain to me why posters think Joe freaking Finley is considered a prospect?

He's tall so he must be good. Clearly Washington had no idea what they were doing when they barely even gave him any AHL time.

I don't think he's a prospect, I'd just like to see him take some shifts in the Boston game on the 23rd so he can go at it with Lucic.

He should also run Thomas multiple times :unsure:

;)

He's tall so he must be good. Clearly Washington had no idea what they were doing when they barely even gave him any AHL time.

If he's tall he must be like Chara... :wallbash:

I understand and agree with the skepticism, but he was a high draft pick who never got a chance to show much due to injuries - he's a low risk, high reward "prospect" who we got for free. If he doesn't pan out, he goes back wear he came from - probably throwing hay on a farm in Alberta. The Bills couldn't field an offensive line Sunday if it weren't for scrap heap reclamation projects. I am skeptical, and certainly don't count him as part of the franchise's future, but I am also willing to give him a chance to show what he has if he is finally healthy.

And yes, he's really tall, so he must be good.

I don't think he's a prospect, I'd just like to see him take some shifts in the Boston game on the 23rd so he can go at it with Lucic.

He should also run Thomas multiple times :unsure:

;)

What has Finley ever done in his entire hockey career to make you think he will "go at it with Lucic". Judging by his penalty minutes, he's no fighter. Maybe he can fall on him.

What has Finley ever done in his entire hockey career to make you think he will "go at it with Lucic". Judging by his penalty minutes, he's no fighter. Maybe he can fall on him.

If a player gets suspended a number of games in the NHL, can they just get sent back to the AHL and play the next day? Do they need to be "up" with the NHL club during that NHL team's games to serve the suspension?

If a player gets suspended a number of games in the NHL, can they just get sent back to the AHL and play the next day? Do they need to be "up" with the NHL club during that NHL team's games to serve the suspension?

Everyone asks this lol but The AHL has honored NHL suspensions in the past.

Vanek blog updated.

I really don’t know why we’re not playing consistently right now. But the league is very well balanced and every week another team is on a winning streak. The only exception here is Boston. They are unbelievably good. We have to keep on working hard and try to play the simple game that already gave us many wins on the road. Now, we have to translate that simple style also to our home games. We have a lot of those in December and we just have to start a winning streak in our building now.

I really don’t know why we’re not playing consistently right now. But the league is very well balanced and every week another team is on a winning streak. The only exception here is Boston and Pittsburgh now that Crosby is back! They are unbelievably good. We have to keep on working hard and try to play the simple game that already gave us many wins on the road. Now, we have to translate that simple style also to our home games. We have a lot of those in December and we just have to start a winning streak in our building now.

I fixed Vanek's blog.

PS Don't tell me they are back to using "we need to stop putting on a show at home" excuse. :thumbdown:

Archived