Sabres News

korab rules

Kris Baker and others reporting on Sabres 3rd rounder.

Jerome Gauthier-Leduc http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=37441

A defensemen with 11 goals in 11 games. A 31 year old record falls.

http://www.sabresprospects.com/2011/10/1021-recap-leduc-breaks-record-henley.html

The future looks bright.

Kris Baker and others reporting on Sabres 3rd rounder.

Jerome Gauthier-Leduc http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=37441

A defensemen with 11 goals in 11 games. A 31 year old record falls.

http://www.sabresprospects.com/2011/10/1021-recap-leduc-breaks-record-henley.html

From a dman? sweet..

Looks like our favorite boy Boyes will be getting some power play time.

"Other notes from Sabres practice:

Brad Boyes worked on the power-play unit with Thomas Vanek and Jason Pominville. Boyes, who played his 500th career game last Saturday and will play his 500th straight game Tuesday, will get some power-play time, according to Ruff."

There is also talk that center Kevin Sundher's early season play has opened some eyes in terms of him making the Team Canada World Juniors team. I haven't seen him play, but based on his numbers, he seems to be more of a playmaker than a goal scorer...not that there is anything wrong with that.

He is only around 6'0", but when the well is fairly dry in terms of center prospects, I'll take anything. Sundher, Catenacci, Colin Jacobs(he was hurt prior to training camp, and still hasn't played) and...

There is also talk that center Kevin Sundher's early season play has opened some eyes in terms of him making the Team Canada World Juniors team. I haven't seen him play, but based on his numbers, he seems to be more of a playmaker than a goal scorer...not that there is anything wrong with that.

He is only around 6'0", but when the well is fairly dry in terms of center prospects, I'll take anything. Sundher, Catenacci, Colin Jacobs(he was hurt prior to training camp, and still hasn't played) and...

I'm amazed at how many Sabres draft picks wind up playing for the Canadian squad. They may very well only end up with one this season, but year after year there's someone there. They only get 22 players, so not every NHL team is going to have a player on that roster.

I'm amazed at how many Sabres draft picks wind up playing for the Canadian squad. They may very well only end up with one this season, but year after year there's someone there. They only get 22 players, so not every NHL team is going to have a player on that roster.

There's also a good chance Pysyk ends up on the team. I believe he was one of the final cuts for last years tournament.

There's also a good chance Pysyk ends up on the team. I believe he was one of the final cuts for last years tournament.

He's the one I'm assuming makes it. Gauthier-Leduc seems like a long shot to me right now, but that start is obviously going to draw a lot of attention. Sundher would wind up being an even longer shot, but the more we have under consideration, the better things look.

He's the one I'm assuming makes it. Gauthier-Leduc seems like a long shot to me right now, but that start is obviously going to draw a lot of attention. Sundher would wind up being an even longer shot, but the more we have under consideration, the better things look.

Does anyone play defense in the QMJHL? Everyone up there has 100 point seasons, even the defensemen. Must be fun to watch.

Not that I need to tell you this X, but McNabb's numbers last year were just as ridiculous. Call me cautiously pessimistic.

From the games I have seen, he will be in the NHL one day.

Very physical and moves the puck well.

McNabb looked very good in the pre-season, and showed that nasty streak. IMO, he has already jumped over a couple propects, and is probably in the top 3 most likely to be called up D-men in Rochester. We have 3 or 4 legit prospects who need to be moved to make room for the next wave of D-men coming up. Darcy has lots of spare change in his pocket - lets see what he does with it. How's Calgary's defensive depth???

I would say:

1. Brennan

2. Biega

3. McNabb/ Finley

Brennan is the one I would think is above him for sure. Of Biega/McNabb/Finley - pick the skill set you want at that moment. McNabb is the most complete of those three and has the most upside, but he's still wet behind the ears.

I would say:

1. Brennan

2. Biega

3. McNabb/ Finley

From what I have read, Schiestel may very well have been at the top of the pecking order if not for his season ending injury in the spring, followed by getting hurt in the 1st game of this season. He needs to get out from under the black cloud.

From what I have read, Schiestel may very well have been at the top of the pecking order if not for his season ending injury in the spring, followed by getting hurt in the 1st game of this season. He needs to get out from under the black cloud.

Schiestel is the second I would think is above McNabb, if he's healthy.

Archived