[OT] Halloween Costumes

SDS

cvanvol, I completely agree, it's about good taste. Robert Downy Jr. was awesome in Tropic Thunder. It can be racist and wrong but I don't see that here.

Now, would someone please explain to cvanvol that dressing in Blackface is inherently racist, even if you yourself are not white, you are not from the United States and don't carry the history of slavery and suppression, and you do it out of respect for the person you are portraying. He clearly doesn't get it.

sarcasm?

Yeah, I don't get why people would get into a fit about it. On top of that, his wife dressed up as Beyonce' with a slight bump in the middle.

Granted, I said before that I don't celebrate Halloween. But, goodness! Can't they have a little fun? No one was harmed in the occasion. It's not like he dressed up as an Imperial Wizard (and shame on anyone who does).

Which is highly offensive to pregnant women, singers, and people whose names begin with 'B'.

Anyone know what channel White Entertainment Television is?

I don't understand what the problem is with the Raffi costume either. He did an excellent job of dressing up like someone he obviously respects. This is the point of Halloween, getting to pretend you're someone you want to be. What's wrong with wanting to be Jay-Z?

Even if Jay Z were to compliment him on it, it would still be racist. We need to sell newspapers ######!

Which is highly offensive to pregnant women, singers, and people whose names begin with 'B'.

Anyone know what channel White Entertainment Television is?

Is that a Larry Flint project?

Ahhh, so cute!

We were walking to Panos on Saturday and all the kids were out daytime trick or treating. I look across the street and see a kid in a full fur Sully costume (from Monsters Inc), slung over his dad's shoulder like a carpet. Every woman I was with immediately had a cuteness crisis.

I don't understand what the problem is with the Raffi costume either. He did an excellent job of dressing up like someone he obviously respects. This is the point of Halloween, getting to pretend you're someone you want to be. What's wrong with wanting to be Jay-Z?

I don't get it either. Torress darkened his skin color to appear closer to Jay-Z's skin colour. He could have done this by staying in a tanning bed too long.

He didn't color in his face with Black show polish and embellished lips

Archived