OT - Username Inspirations

LastPommerFan

hmmmmmm....Ohiofan. Now that it has been brought to my attention in this thread, I am slightly embarassed by the boringness of my username.

I live in Ohio now. And I am still a fan.

sigh...

On a happier note I remember that Aud smell to this day. The only difference in the smell between a Sabre game and a concert was maybe a little more of a urine smell during concerts. And more pot. Definitely more pot.

And during the blizzard of 77 my sister and I had to shovel ourselves OUT of the house before we could even attempt to shovel the drive, which we did for three days waiting for my dad to make it home from his workplace in South Buffalo.

I remember the first time I saw the sabres when I was about ten years old was in Vancouver and I think they were on the tail end of a western roadtrip. My brother and myself were hanging over the glass trying to get autographs from the players and the sabres were flying around in their end and the smell was an absolutely wet hockey gear thats been left in the trunk of a car without drying 1 week later kind of thing. Very distinctive and if I smell sweaty gear to this day it brings me back to that time. A real memory trigger. I suppose the aud smell is just as distinctive in a different way. I'd love to have some of those memories you guys are talking about.

My birth name is Connor MacLeod. Many seasons ago I battled DeLuca66 on the highlands of the Delaware S-Curves. It was a long and arduous battle that nearly killed me. I was fortunate enough to take advantage of the slimmest of openings and beheaded DeLuca66. At that moment the heavens opened and lightning struck and I became DeLuca67. :thumbsup: Pretty standard really.

DeLuca68 and DeLuca69 are coming for you ... there can be only one.

My birth name is Connor MacLeod. Many seasons ago I battled DeLuca66 on the highlands of the Delaware S-Curves. It was a long and arduous battle that nearly killed me. I was fortunate enough to take advantage of the slimmest of openings and beheaded DeLuca66. At that moment the heavens opened and lightning struck and I became DeLuca67. :thumbsup: Pretty standard really.

HAHA good one I approve of this naming origin storyline.

Mines simply a carry over from my college days...... if you say it out loud you should get it.

Well, I can tell you that it has nothing to do with carpe diem. In fact, unless you've been pronouncing it wrong, it's got one less syllable (dean is pronounced like the name, not de-an.)

Other than that ... I ain't sayin'. There is one other person who lurks here, but does not post, who knows the truth. He ain't sayin', neither. It's a brothers thing. Even the wife doesn't know.

I remember the first time I saw the sabres when I was about ten years old was in Vancouver and I think they were on the tail end of a western roadtrip. My brother and myself were hanging over the glass trying to get autographs from the players and the sabres were flying around in their end and the smell was an absolutely wet hockey gear thats been left in the trunk of a car without drying 1 week later kind of thing. Very distinctive and if I smell sweaty gear to this day it brings me back to that time. A real memory trigger. I suppose the aud smell is just as distinctive in a different way. I'd love to have some of those memories you guys are talking about.

I guess if you smell the inside of my truck you'll start having Vietnam style flashbacks then. :blush:

Well, I can tell you that it has nothing to do with carpe diem. In fact, unless you've been pronouncing it wrong, it's got one less syllable (dean is pronounced like the name, not de-an.)

Other than that ... I ain't sayin'. There is one other person who lurks here, but does not post, who knows the truth. He ain't sayin', neither. It's a brothers thing. Even the wife doesn't know.

http://www.youtube.com/user/carpandean

Now I'm afraid to ask.... :lol:

Mine is fairly obvious given my avatar, but I started using it in college as a hybrid of my major (bio) and nickname (dork). I originally considered "bionerd", but fortunately someone else in cyberspace was even geekier than I was and had already taken it. :bag:

You're probably lucky that you didn't go with that one. If you look quickly, it could look dirty. Inkman would never leave you alone.

Archived