GDT: Ducks at Sabres 10/07/2011 7:00PM

Eleven

Ah, dang it. Paul Hamilton + Howard Simon = Paul Simon (+ Howard Hamilton, whoever that is.)

On a separate note, I just played the game on NHL12 and the Ducks won 3-0 on an EN and a garbage goal with 0:07 left. Sabres had their chances (including Roy hitting a post 10 sec after Teemu Selanne scored the opening goal of the game), but couldn't cash in. There were 0 powerplays, though, which I though was a little unlikely.

This Guy

Working half a day, already worked 10s M-Th, got the jersey on, and heading home at 10. Stopping to pick up some pizza and wings, setting up shop in front of the tv, and not moving until about 1:30-2.

The day is finally upon us, and I can't wait. We're having friends over tomorrow (he's a teacher. tried talking him in to the fake head cold routine. he's a better person than i am; he won't do it.). Beef ribs are going in the crockpot tonight, getting thrown on the grill around 11 tomorrow, then thrown back in the crockpot and smothered in home-made BBQ sauce, to be consumed after the 1st period. Tomorrow might surpass today as the greatest day ever. :)

My daughters are gonna be so jealous when I tell them about the game today. They're 5 and 7, and slowly turning in to hockey fans. It's a WIP. :)

Holy shizac, I'm stoked. Zero productivity today at the office ... mainly cuz I'm so revved for the game, but also because there's literally no one else here. Not that has anything to do with my day-to-day activities. So yah--surfing here, Buffalo News, official site ...

AND I'm down to 1.5 hours to go. Sweet.

Happy Game Day everyone. Get your game faces on and party like it's Stanely Cup Fever time because IT IS. :)

And speaking of the NHL network, I bet they wind up showing the final score several times on the ticker at the bottom of the screen. I don't know how I can possibly avoid that one.

I've put masking tape across the bottom of my TV before.

Oooohhh didn't think about this, thanks for the heads up!

So how are you working folks handling this one today? Right now I'm leaning towards avoiding this place completely once the game starts and then watching it on the DVR after I get home. I don't know how realistic that is though. I bet I cave when game time rolls around and listen online.

Same here.. I just looked at my work Inbox and all hopes of being home by 1 vanished.. so now it's a tossup between avoiding the interwebz till4p, or listening to the game at work

I figured it was finally time to hang my Sabres flag in my office. It has a little mark in the corner that says it was made by "Rico Industries". That seems appropriate.

damned management had me take down my autographed Sabres flag.. downside to working in Bruins territory

i protested by getting a Sabres wallpaper, screensaver, mousepad, coffee mug.. LOL

As am I. I have a case of Dogfish 120 minute IPA, and a 30 rack of Blue (for the uncivil) chillin in the garage fridge. I have a box of Al Capone's humidifying as we speak. About a dozen of my Sabres buddies took half days as well, and will be arriving at my house around 12:30. We have one Maple Leaf fan as a friend, and he has agreed to "man" the grill for the game. (I know, Leaf fan and Man are a rare combo.)

It's Game Day, the wait is over.

Here is to our beloved Sabres, and to one heluva season!

Let's Go BUFFALO!!!

You had better mix in a few Blues between sips of that stuff! :blink:

So how are you working folks handling this one today? Right now I'm leaning towards avoiding this place completely once the game starts and then watching it on the DVR after I get home. I don't know how realistic that is though. I bet I cave when game time rolls around and listen online.

That's what I'm leaning towards as well. My manager scheduled my yearly performance review at 2 PM. :censored: After that I'm outta here and home to the man cave!

Archived