GDT: Ducks at Sabres 10/07/2011 7:00PM

Eleven

The Center Ice trial was not valid for Comcast here in Virginia last night for TOR-MTL. NHL Network is televising ANA-BUF at 4pm.

That is a bummer about the center ice for comcast. Sorry if I got your hopes up. Hopefully if anyone has to wait until 4PM to watch they can manage to stay away from sabrespace and other fans until the re-run is over!

I like that he went with MAG for the offense.......Erhoff's canon loader.

How many offensive defensemen do you need in the lineup...

On one side...Myers, Ehrhoff, Leopold, Sekera & Gragnani

On the other side...Regehr

Maybe I'm wrong. We'll see.

This is a good team, should be a great game.

Perrry, Getzlaf, Ryan, Selanne,

Tony Lydman is an injured scratch.

Finally here.

Whoooooo-hoooooooooooooooooooo!

Sucks for Lydman, just like it sucks for Hecht that he can't play in Germany tomorrow.

Blue--I'm with you; I'd like to see Weber in the lineup. Maybe there's a slight muscle tweak or something we don't know about, but unless there is, I don't love that decision.

How many offensive defensemen do you need in the lineup...

On one side...Myers, Ehrhoff, Leopold, Sekera & Gragnani

On the other side...Regehr

Maybe I'm wrong. We'll see.

We will ....but I really like the idea of putting the throttle down first game, when

the Ducks pairings are struggling without Lydman.

Sucks for Lydman, just like it sucks for Hecht that he can't play in Germany tomorrow.

Blue--I'm with you; I'd like to see Weber in the lineup. Maybe there's a slight muscle tweak or something we don't know about, but unless there is, I don't love that decision.

You're right. It could be a slight injury that hasn't been reported, but I won't let that stop me from jumping to conclusions when it comes to Lindy. :D

That is a bummer about the center ice for comcast. Sorry if I got your hopes up. Hopefully if anyone has to wait until 4PM to watch they can manage to stay away from sabrespace and other fans until the re-run is over!

Haha right? I might actually get some productive work done! :blink:

Go Sabres!

Ducks lines:

LW Bobby Ryan, C Ryan Getzlaf, RW Corey Perry. - Beasts

LW Andrew Cogliano, C Saku Koivu, RW Teemu Selanne. - Galdalf the Grey line - Powerful but old wizards.

LW Jason Blake, C Brandon McMillan, RW Kyle Palmieri - Heinz flavors

Jean-Francois Jacques, C Nick Bonino, RW George Parros. - Don't make them angry

You're right. It could be a slight injury that hasn't been reported, but I won't let that stop me from jumping to conclusions when it comes to Lindy. :D

Good point on the injury, because it reminded me somebody posted this link yesterday that lists both Weber and Vanek as injured: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=594687

So perhaps they were both a little banged up, Vanek could go and Weber couldn't...

Taro says salami is better than Selänne.

love this.

First game for the official Pommer Captaincy. Based on board descriptions of his new role he should finish with 5 goals, 8 hits, a fight, and a nobel prize. I'm STOKED!

awesome.

Ducks lines:[/b]

great insights, X.

I'd like to wish you and your families a very happy opening day. May it be filled with red lights and Finnish Leino chants.

hear, hear.

Go Sabres.

Ducks lines:

LW Bobby Ryan, C Ryan Getzlaf, RW Corey Perry. - Beasts

LW Andrew Cogliano, C Saku Koivu, RW Teemu Selanne. - Galdalf the Grey line - Powerful but old wizards.

LW Jason Blake, C Brandon McMillan, RW Kyle Palmieri - Heinz flavors

Jean-Francois Jacques, C Nick Bonino, RW George Parros. - Don't make them angry

Amazes me that Parros still has a job..

So do Teemu and Saku give the hometown and home country fans something to cheer about?

Yes. It will be like playing an away game for the Sabres. The second game will be like a home game for them given their Germanic connections.

So how are you working folks handling this one today? Right now I'm leaning towards avoiding this place completely once the game starts and then watching it on the DVR after I get home. I don't know how realistic that is though. I bet I cave when game time rolls around and listen online.

So how are you working folks handling this one today? Right now I'm leaning towards avoiding this place completely once the game starts and then watching it on the DVR after I get home. I don't know how realistic that is though. I bet I cave when game time rolls around and listen online.

I'm banging out at 12 today....and nothing is stopping me! :rolleyes:

I would fear the worst case scenario of successfully avoiding radio/tv/internet/phone all day only to accidently hear the score on the radio on the way home, or see somebody at the store when you're picking up a twelve pack, or worse, taking two steps in the door and having your wife/gf/whatever tell you the result. lol

I'm banging out at 12 today....and nothing is stopping me! :rolleyes:

They do usually let us leave early on holiday weekends. I guess I can hold out hope for that happening. At that point, I would just be dodging the internet for a couple hours until the NHL network tape delay kicks in.

And speaking of the NHL network, I bet they wind up showing the final score several times on the ticker at the bottom of the screen. I don't know how I can possibly avoid that one.

I would fear the worst case scenario of successfully avoiding radio/tv/internet/phone all day only to accidently hear the score on the radio on the way home, or see somebody at the store when you're picking up a twelve pack, or worse, taking two steps in the door and having your wife/gf/whatever tell you the result. lol

That's just about the only advantage I can think of for living in Boston.

They do usually let us leave early on holiday weekends. I guess I can hold out hope for that happening. At that point, I would just be dodging the internet for a couple hours until the NHL network tape delay kicks in.

And speaking of the NHL network, I bet they wind up showing the final score several times on the ticker at the bottom of the screen. I don't know how I can possibly avoid that one.

That's just about the only advantage I can think of for living in Boston.

I've put masking tape across the bottom of my TV before.

Archived