[OT] WNY weather...the good and the bad

LabattBlue

I like the warm weather lasting a bit longer but I don't like hunting in 75 degree weather. There are only a handful of weekends worth of small game hunting before deer season kicks in so I guess I'm gonna have to dress light and put up with the bugs.

Sometimes it seems like we get 3 months of summer and 9 months of crap, but if the current forecast holds true, the next 6 days are going to be FUN WOW!!!!!!(old Fantasy Island commercial ending??)

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USNY0784:1:US

hehe...I went to school with the "FUN! WOW!" kid. We're 47 and he is still proud of that commercial, we like to tease him a lot about it :rolleyes:

Motorcycle is so going out for a ride this weekend.

Nice. :) I rode up to NYC last weekend, got wet and really cold. I have people in town this weekend so I probably won't be riding much. :( But I'm going to a backyard motocross party, so that counts. :)

I had to turn on the heat in my car this morning. We're supposed to get similar weather this weekend too. I'm not so sure that's a good thing though. I'm kind of enjoying the way it feels outside today (won't even reach 60). I wouldn't complain if it stayed like this, but it's that stuff coming in the next few months that isn't much fun.

I had to turn on the heat in my car this morning. We're supposed to get similar weather this weekend too. I'm not so sure that's a good thing though. I'm kind of enjoying the way it feels outside today (won't even reach 60). I wouldn't complain if it stayed like this, but it's that stuff coming in the next few months that isn't much fun.

My windows had frost this morning. I had to let the truck warm up. Winter is comin.

Had to change the avitar back for this one. The trailer's all packed. The truck's gassed up. The cooler is full of tasty adult treats. I just have to make it through the rest of this day in Jerey so I can head back to beautiful Wyoming county for the long weekend. This weather is really going to sell camping to my wife. You won't see me in the complaint thread today.

Had to change the avitar back for this one. The trailer's all packed. The truck's gassed up. The cooler is full of tasty adult treats. I just have to make it through the rest of this day in Jerey so I can head back to beautiful Wyoming county for the long weekend. This weather is really going to sell camping to my wife. You won't see me in the complaint thread today.

I need to get to Wyoming again. I love that area. I'm jealous you'll be there this weekend.

I need to get to Wyoming again. I love that area. I'm jealous you'll be there this weekend.

I'm probably wrong, but I can think of only 2 stoplights in the whole county. Gotta love it. I just hope the wind turbines aren't too oppressive. My parents get free DirectTV at their cabin because they interrupt the reception.

I'm probably wrong, but I can think of only 2 stoplights in the whole county. Gotta love it. I just hope the wind turbines aren't too oppressive. My parents get free DirectTV at their cabin because they interrupt the reception.

watch out for all the dead birds and flying ice chunks.

I'm shooting a gun for the first time on Sunday. I'm glad the weather will be good. I still recommend that everyone stay about 25 miles away from me, because I will not know what I'm doing.

Oh dear god. Where are you going to shoot - the near east side?

Just make sure to keep the skinny end pointed away from you. Good luck. Next thing you know you'll be out slaying Bambi with the rest of us heathens. The Bambi in the woods, not the one at the sundowner.

We're shooting skeet. Then, I think, someone cleans and skins the skeet, and we cook them.

hehe...I went to school with the "FUN! WOW!" kid. We're 47 and he is still proud of that commercial, we like to tease him a lot about it :rolleyes:

How did you determine which of the 40 or so losers that were in that commercial was THE 'Fun Wow' kid? Was there a drawing or did he have the winning ticket from Bell's.

We're shooting skeet. Then, I think, someone cleans and skins the skeet, and we cook them.

Low and slow and they'll be tender and tasty. :blink:

Skeet is like golf. The most fun and the most frustration you can have in one afternoon.

Low and slow and they'll be tender and tasty. :blink:

Skeet is like golf. The most fun and the most frustration you can have in one afternoon.

whether I shoot 20 or 2, I always feel much better after a round or 3 of skeet. It's just relaxing to be shooting AT ######...whether or not i hit said flying disc...meh B-)

How the heck am I supposed to stay inside tomorrow for the Sabres game and college football, and on Sunday for the Bills game with this weather? I may have to run out on the deck during every commercial break to soak in some of the best sun we will see until next May or June.

How did you determine which of the 40 or so losers that were in that commercial was THE 'Fun Wow' kid? Was there a drawing or did he have the winning ticket from Bell's.

I don't know, Taro. I am having a hard time remembering the commercial. I only remember the "Fun...WOW"!, and the annoying music that played. All I know is that he was in it, and every so often on Facebook he reminds us all that he was in it. :rolleyes:

How the heck am I supposed to stay inside tomorrow for the Sabres game and college football, and on Sunday for the Bills game with this weather? I may have to run out on the deck during every commercial break to soak in some of the best sun we will see until next May or June.

Extension cords.

Archived